Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

McCartney Jnr plans to form the Beatles' boys

Still Waters

It is 42 years since the world’s most famous band broke up, following an acrimonious split between former best friends Paul McCartney and John Lennon.

Now, however, Sir Paul’s only son James has revealed a new group featuring the offspring of the Fab Four could become a reality.

James – who was last night due to follow in The Beatles’ footsteps by playing the Cavern Club in Liverpool – has revealed he would be keen to form a ‘next generation’ Beatles with the sons of the other band members.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BiffSplitkins

• hetrodoxly

• OverSword

• HDesiato

That could be....interesting. I'll reserve judgement, with the exception of saying that for the son of a Beatle, James McCartney has a rather unfortunate hairline :rofl:

Edited by OverSword

I don't think Sean is exactly a good choice for John's offspring talent. I would prefer to see Julian much more since he sounds and looks much more like his father. However, since Julian doesn't like being associated with his father's fame, that would explain Sean being the logical choice.

I don't think Sean is exactly a good choice for John's offspring talent. I would prefer to see Julian much more since he sounds and looks much more like his father. However, since Julian doesn't like being associated with his father's fame, that would explain Sean being the logical choice.

Ditto.Julian is far more talented.

I saw this on Facebook last night,and said....noooo way.

Ditto.Julian is far more talented.

I saw this on Facebook last night,and said....noooo way.

I am friends with Julian on Facebook and he made no mention of this and probably for good reason.

I did hear a rumor somewhere that Paul, Ringo, George's Son and Julian might perform somewhere. Now THAT would be a show I would pay to see. Ah, found a link - Olympics - Julian has made no mention of this either on Facebook.

This is definitely not the first time something like this has been attempted. Joe Bonamassa was in a band when he first started out called 'Bloodline'. That project was very short lived. I am very good friends with the keyboard player from that band and he told me that there were just far too many personality conflicts in that band. I would imagine the same would happen if the 'Sons of the Beatles' were to actually happen as well.

Bad legacy vibes from family members could turn the band into a Hatfield vs. McCoy situation.

Yeah Biff, there's also the fact that Julian is a bit older than the other guys, Sean is more in the age range.

Isn't it interesting thathe likes Yoko, and says she reminds him of Linda? I guess she's just easy to hate from a distance.

Yeah Biff, there's also the fact that Julian is a bit older than the other guys, Sean is more in the age range.

Isn't it interesting thathe likes Yoko, and says she reminds him of Linda? I guess she's just easy to hate from a distance.

Yoko must have some secret Ninja mind control or something. If Sean actually does get this project rolling I wonder how much influence/destruction SHE will have that project too.

To be honest though, John saw something in Yoko that made him love her, so she must not be all that bad. I certainly hope he didn't marry her just for her singing ability. LOL. :w00t:

Oh, Dhani, you handsome man.

Oh, idea, you terrible thing.

I think that if the idea ever gets off the ground it won't stay in the air for long. People will want to love it, but it will inevitably suck. People (like the Beatles) make good music because of talent and chemistry, not because of their collective bloodlines.

This could be like Star Trek: The Next Generation. They'll need to get Patrick Stewart for that though.

Sometimes the next generation can be better, Zak, Ringo's son performing with "The Who"

Zak is fantastic and was always a great 'replacement' (term used so very loosely) for Moon.

Zak is fantastic and was always a great 'replacement' (term used so very loosely) for Moon.

I have to agree, "they broke the mould" when Moonie was born.

I wonder what they will call the band.

'The Grubs' , 'The Larvae' or maybe 'The Maggots'? :lol:

Any other suggestions? lol

I wonder what they will call the band.

'The Grubs' , 'The Larvae' or maybe 'The Maggots'? :lol:

Any other suggestions? lol

How about the Jr. Beatles.

I read a sic fi novel back in the 90's called "Ferman's Devils",and I'm pretty sure a small aside mentioned the Sons Of Beatles forming a group known as 'the SOBs'.

I read a sic fi novel back in the 90's called "Ferman's Devils",and I'm pretty sure a small aside mentioned the Sons Of Beatles forming a group known as 'the SOBs'.

And Yoko junior is planning to break it up?