Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spiritual people that get amnesia

Cosmic Radiant

To those people that claim that they have been spiritually awakened and can remember their past lives and all that fun stuff, what happens if they get amnesia from an accident or something?? Will they still "know" who they are spiritually? I am talking about gurus, mystics, or monks, who dedicate their lives to meditation and spirituality. It would seem that they have transcended beyond the "mind" and the physical.

So this raises the question as to whether or not that amnesia would affect their spirituality? I know that it would make them forget all the things that they "know" on this earth and where they are, but would they lose all spiritual progress as well? Would they have to start all over again on their path to know who they are again?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lion6969

• Mr Walker

• Cosmic Radiant

• Bendy Demon

Top Posters In This Topic

To those people that claim that they have been spiritually awakened and can remember their past lives and all that fun stuff, what happens if they get amnesia from an accident or something?? Will they still "know" who they are spiritually? I am talking about gurus, mystics, or monks, who dedicate their lives to meditation and spirituality. It would seem that they have transcended beyond the "mind" and the physical.

So this raises the question as to whether or not that amnesia would affect their spirituality? I know that it would make them forget all the things that they "know" on this earth and where they are, but would they lose all spiritual progress as well? Would they have to start all over again on their path to know who they are again?

Guru, mystics, monks or not, they are still human and will still be affected by injuries or illness.

They have the propensity to lose their memory just as easily as the rest of us regardless of how "enlightened" they think they are.

I think you misunderstand, amnesia would effect them physically ie memory loss etc but will it effect their spirituality? They are two different things. Memory governed by chemical processes etc and our conscious accesses these memories willingly, but would it affect their level of spirituality?

Yes they would. Our soul or spiritual awareness is a product of our wider sapient self awaernes, including memory and knowledge. Lose all that and you become a spiritual child. Your new future is largely unpredictable unless your memory returns. As spoken of in other posts, I know some people who have had transient but total (or global) amnesia. They Lost EVERYHTING learned over 40 years or more.

The soul and human spirituality, is a product of our self awareness not somethig separate from it.

I have lived with two loved ones as they descended into complete altzheimers and died. I can assure anyone, that when one does not even know who one is, and cant remember that you have to chew and swallow to eat food, then the spiritual nature and soul of the person has ceased to exist. Total amnesis in some respects is even more confronting tha this althought basic functons are not often lost. One can usually still think lucidly and logically, but has no knowledge of "self" and may have lost many learned abilities and skills.

Edited by Mr Walker

Most of those mystics will tell you, yes, the new arising ego will have to relearn what they have gained, like MW suggested it's a new entity ... A child. but they will also tell you there realy is only one soul. A total loss of memory is a death of that particular ego... If they are experienced "spiritual person" this has already happened to them but they have returned.

This does not mean that the previouse ego is totally lost. A soul is a piece of information. That piece of information is an eternal construct.

Most of those mystics will tell you, yes, the new arising ego will have to relearn what they have gained, like MW suggested it's a new entity ... A child. but they will also tell you there realy is only one soul. A total loss of memory is a death of that particular ego... If they are experienced "spiritual person" this has already happened to them but they have returned.

This does not mean that the previouse ego is totally lost. A soul is a piece of information. That piece of information is an eternal construct.

agreed seeker