Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

quote of the day

Varelse

an atheist is just an agnostic that hasn't figured out what infiniti is yet. Es verdad?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Varelse

• eight bits

• Rlyeh

• Euphorbia

Top Posters In This Topic

an atheist is just an agnostic that hasn't figured out what infiniti is yet. Es verdad?

Care to expand on that a little?

Sure.

"An atheist is just an agnostic that hasn't figured out what infiniti is yet."

Just wondered the other day as I thought about alot unexplained mysteries.

Or what about the ultimate unexplained mysteries, "how did ALL life begin and when/how did  intelligence enter the picture, are we alone? "

And ones like "What's at the end of our universe" are we the only "Big Bang"" or "could there be trillions and countless trillions more across the frontiers of infinity??"

I used to think i knew it all, now bareley nothing at all and everything at once.

And no im not smoking anything. :)

What does that have to do with atheism again?

And what does it have to do with agnosticism?

You figure it out. To put the quote ( I wouldn't call it a hypothesis, just tossingto it outa there. In simpler terms :

Understanding infinity in terms of time and space can turn a hardened atheist into an agnostic softy.

You figure it out. To put the quote ( I wouldn't call it a hypothesis, just tossingto it outa there. In simpler terms :

Understanding infinity in terms of time and space can turn a hardened atheist into an agnostic softy.

I don't see how.

Still doesn't make sense as atheism is the rejection of deities.

Still doesn't make sense as atheism is the rejection of deities.t

But that's why it might make sense. Agnostics choose to keep an open mind where atheists chose to not believe in any devine intervention from a much, much, much more advanced life form or entity. With infinity of time past and space, subspace, and beyond...

But that's why it might make sense. Agnostics choose to keep an open mind where atheists chose to not believe in any devine intervention from a much, much, much more advanced life form or entity. With infinity of time past and space, subspace, and beyond...

Who says Atheists don't have an open mind?........oh yeah....you.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I have a very open mind! Give me something substantial to change my mind that makes sense and I will change my mind or views very quickly.

And by the way, Atheists don't choose to not believe......we just don't believe. You're getting into some pretty weird stuff here.

Sorry Rlyeh, I know this was meant for you but I had to respond.......

"Open mindedness" is the folk-psychology word for the universal human capacity to attend to changes in a body of evidence. Positions about the question of God, including the agnostics', harden because there is rarely any major change in the evidence to be "open minded" about.

where atheists chose to not believe in any devine intervention from a much, much, much more advanced life form or entity.

The subject matter of atheism, like that of agnosticism, is the existence of god(s). "More advanced life forms" aren't gods.

With infinity of time past and space, subspace, and beyond...

While spatial unboundedness may help someone believe in the existence of alien MALFs, unbounded distances seem to complicate your hypothesis that they intervene here. That, however, is a staple of the UFO-origins debate, which has its own board here at UM. Atheists, theists, agnostics and apathetics are equally eligible to participate in that debate, on either side.

"Open mindedness" is the folk-psychology word for the universal human capacity to attend to changes in a body of evidence. Positions about the question of God, including the agnostics', harden because there is rarely any major change in the evidence to be "open minded" about.

The subject matter of atheism, like that of agnosticism, is the existence of god(s). "More advanced life forms" aren't gods.

While spatial unboundedness may help someone believe in the existence of alien MALFs, unbounded distances seem to complicate your hypothesis that they intervene here. That, however, is a staple of the UFO-origins debate, which has its own board here at UM. Atheists, theists, agnostics and apathetics are equally eligible to participate in that debate, on either side.

Who said anything about UFO's? But if I did who cares? It's one of who knows how many possibilities another one is allowed to contemplate as an agnostic.

Quote of the day:'Infiniti is the debut full-length studio album from singer-songwriter/multi-instrumentalist Salman Ahmad, and the eighth with his band...'

Edit: Serious comment pending.

Edited by Timonthy

So agnostics call aliens, gods now?

That is assuming by life form you are speaking of biological life form.

Edited by Rlyeh

Who said anything about UFO's?

I did. I said that your MALF theory is just the thing for another board here at UM, and doesn't distinguish atheists from agnostics, contrary to your claim.

You didn't specify the mechanism for your aliens to arrive here in order to "intervene." I chose one that is typically proposed, something that flies. Stargates are good, too, I suppose, and have cool action figures.

When I was in college a really great ethics professor taught us to train our brains to hear " I think", and or "some" in front of all statements made by others so as to nit activate the chips on our shoulders. Good advice.

Atheists are *******s. ------>

I think some atheists are *******s.

See much better. One more.

Religouse people are ignorant and uneducated. ------>

Some religouse people are ignorant and uneducated.

See how much better we will all get along if we can just visualize those words infront of all statements.

Who said anything about UFO's? But if I did who cares? It's one of who knows how many possibilities another one is allowed to contemplate as an agnostic.

Hey Framling.

Can I please get an accurate meaning of 'Es verdad', wherever I look there are similar but conflicting translations.

Tim.

Edit: The first of my serious posts.

Edited by Timonthy

So do Christians and other believers have a closed mind too? If you say this about atheists in one hand............say the EXACT SAME for the religious ...

I see no point in expecting just one side to be agnostic

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Who says Atheists don't have an open mind?........oh yeah....you.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I have a very open mind! Give me something substantial to change my mind that makes sense and I will change my mind or views very quickly.

And by the way, Atheists don't choose to not believe......we just don't believe. You're getting into some pretty weird stuff here.

Sorry Rlyeh, I know this was meant for you but I had to respond.......

Good post... Atheists are no different from anyone else...... We all take on what appeals more to us

Believers in God are the exact same... They will only take on the belief IF they feel they have had an experience and it all appeals to them... they peg it as evidence

Atheists will not take on the belief in God or Gods.. because they feel no experience... they cannot see the evidence........ It is human nature to do this... You will either based your belief on what you think is evidence or not...

So why slag off just atheists and put them down? Answer is in my view - Hate and spite..for many along with . Ignorance that ignores we all will base our path on what we have experienced or not....

Edited by Beckys_Mom