Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Santorum to quit presidential race: sources

acidhead

Santorum to quit presidential race: sources

GETTYSBURG, Pennsylvania | Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:22pm EDT

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/10/us-usa-campaign-santorum-idUSBRE8341DU20120410

(Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum will say he is dropping out of the White House race on Tuesday, two sources familiar with the decision told Reuters.

The conservative former senator from Pennsylvania was scheduled to speak in Gettysburg on Tuesday afternoon.

Santorum is lagging Republican front-runner Mitt Romney in opinion polls and in the fight for the 1,144 party delegates needed to win the nomination to face President Barack Obama in the November 6 general election.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• and-then

• DieChecker

• questionmark

• Corp

Top Posters In This Topic

So we're several months and millions of dollars into the process and the predictions made at the outset are proven true. Romney had the biggest budget and he will be the nominee. I'm not sure why they go through the motions any longer. Just prove who has the deepest pockets and give him the go ahead. Short of an economic meltdown or regional mideast war Obama looks to be in line for another four. All I can say is God help us.

This is probably not a bad thing, since the fellow did seem to have some, er, individual views about things .... :unsure2:

This is probably not a bad thing, since the fellow did seem to have some, er, individual views about things .... :unsure2:

Not so individual, those views are favored by more than a dozen in the US.

So we're several months and millions of dollars into the process and the predictions made at the outset are proven true. Romney had the biggest budget and he will be the nominee. I'm not sure why they go through the motions any longer. Just prove who has the deepest pockets and give him the go ahead. Short of an economic meltdown or regional mideast war Obama looks to be in line for another four. All I can say is God help us.

Sad but true. Big Money wins.

And then those Big Money donors and corporations all expect to get paid back when their guy wins the presidency. Everyone knows how they get paid back. Politics sure is a dirty game.

No. The primaries still serve a good purpose. The debates and media coverage dig up all the dirt and throw it, so that when the Main Event happens, there is less ammo for the other side to fire. Obama is going to be hurting in the debates, because Romney has been debating his platform now for like 6 months and can answer most questions, while Obama has had no practice and no questions asked of him. I see Romney eating Obama's lunch in any debating that goes on.

No. The primaries still serve a good purpose. The debates and media coverage dig up all the dirt and throw it, so that when the Main Event happens, there is less ammo for the other side to fire. Obama is going to be hurting in the debates, because Romney has been debating his platform now for like 6 months and can answer most questions, while Obama has had no practice and no questions asked of him. I see Romney eating Obama's lunch in any debating that goes on.

I see your logic and certainly hope you are correct. I think we will see some of the most creative, vile and disgusting politics of the modern era in the next few months. And all that energy, time and money will be spent to convince or at least emotionally sway less than ten percent of the voting public. The all knowing INDEPENDENTS. Didn' they used to just be called fence sitters? :rolleyes:

ha ha, maybe its time to tell my neighbors down the street to take down their signs. I'm glad this nut is quiting.

Now the next nut needs to stand down (romney)and make room for the only real candidate up there, Ron Paul!!!

Not so individual, those views are favored by more than a dozen in the US.

That's what's so scary. It's like half of the US wants to live in the 16th century. no.gif

That's what's so scary. It's like half of the US wants to live in the 16th century. no.gif

I don't think it's quite that bad. It's just that people in general are overwhelmed with the pace of change and the obvious moral decline in our country. Regardless the rhetoric of people who think that Christians are trying to force their morality on the rest of the country, the truth is that as a country we are growing farther away from Biblical morality every day. Public discourse is coarsened as is communication among politicians and the people. At a cultural level if you were to compare the America of the '40s to modern America it would leave you astounded.

There was a time in the past 50 years that even an enemy would stop to help you if you were in trouble. Now it's even difficult to find someone to help that calls themselves a friend.

Half the US population wants to give back America to the natives and go back to their ancestral homelands? I was not aware of that.

Although, now that I think about it....

I don't think it's quite that bad. It's just that people in general are overwhelmed with the pace of change and the obvious moral decline in our country. Regardless the rhetoric of people who think that Christians are trying to force their morality on the rest of the country, the truth is that as a country we are growing farther away from Biblical morality every day. Public discourse is coarsened as is communication among politicians and the people. At a cultural level if you were to compare the America of the '40s to modern America it would leave you astounded.

There was a time in the past 50 years that even an enemy would stop to help you if you were in trouble. Now it's even difficult to find someone to help that calls themselves a friend.

Well said.

Santorum was bound to quit eventually. Thank whoever for that.

Oh silly. Those values were still being followed well into the 18th century. :innocent::devil:

ROMNEY! ROMNEY! ROMNEY!

I think I'll force myself to be a Romney guy from now on. Better to brainwash myself now and get it over with.