Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is your favorite instrumental song?

_Only

Well that's definitely a provocative band name. Almost scared to listen to it, heh.

Very worthwhile. Lemme know what you think.

Joe Satriani - Satch Boogie

Gotta give it up for satch. :tu:

I really enjoy good instrumentals... Far too many to name as my favorite, but here a few:

Emerson, Lake And Palmer: "Fanfare for the Common Man"

Mason Williams song Classical Gas is a great song, but I prefer the solo acoustic guitar version he did a few years later on the album "Handmade". I think it's a cleaner song without the backup orchestra.

Very worthwhile. Lemme know what you think.

It is very good. Perfect kind of song to listen to to drift from thinking blablablablablabla, to coool thoughts in and out. I like the surreal sounding guitar parts done mostly through natural means, without a bunch of effects pedals.

Mason Williams song Classical Gas is a great song, but I prefer the solo acoustic guitar version he did a few years later on the album "Handmade". I think it's a cleaner song without the backup orchestra.

Thanks for posting that... I'd actually never heard that version before...

It is very good. Perfect kind of song to listen to to drift from thinking blablablablablabla, to coool thoughts in and out. I like the surreal sounding guitar parts done mostly through natural means, without a bunch of effects pedals.

Yeah it's pretty much just noise and feedback. There are some chorusy reverbs effects happening and he uses a device called an E-bow which is an electromagnet that "strums" the strings continuously...giving the effect of unlimited note sustain. But other than that is pretty straightforward music. Check out some of the live clips if you get a chance.

along similar lines are Red Sparrow and The Spokes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HksvkDIG5Uc

........what's interesting about this song,is that the album its off of,had 3 songs,all called shinsou.

In Japanese,you can have words pronounced exactly the same,but the kanji used to spell it,has completely different meanings.

All three songs are very different,with very different title translations,and all are instrumental.

This one is pretty,and I probably haven't listened to it since 2002.

It made me cry to hear it again.A lot of memories.....yeah....

I'll go for

by Procol Harum. Edited by schizoidwoman

And then of course there is always the incomparable Orion, complete with Cliff Burton bass solo. Beautiful. Classic. Instrumental.

Edited by orangepeaceful79

Some early classic rock songs...

I was going to say Pipeline too, but the cover with Stevie Ray Vaughan & Dick Dale.

These guys are an amazing instrumental group. a ny of you guitar players should really check this song out. AMazing. :w00t:

Animals as Leaders - CAFO

Edited by orangepeaceful79

Great thread _Only. Had to sit on this one for a while and, per usual, ended back up with my first thought. Been one of my favs for years

Is it weird that I love all of these songs?

The part at 1:02 is amazing. I like it even better than the part in the original song.

Edited by _Only

I like to listen instrumental songs. The Call of Ktulu, Impulse, Orion, Never Forget, A Watchful Guardian, Desert Apple, Atlas, For the Love of God etc are my favorite instrumental songs.

Kthulu...Orion... Good tunes. Too bad Metallica can't write like that anymore. M