Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
_Only

Interpreting Some Symbols In a Dream

2 posts in this topic

I was thinking about two recent dreams I've had lately that had some pretty interesting things in them that I aren't able to be tied into anything in my life, so I understand they must be symbols. These two dreams seemed filled with a lot of symbolic parts that I am not able to understand. I'll write the second in another thread since they're different dreams, and these turn out to be a lot longer read on this forum, as opposed to when they're written for me personally.

I write dreams down right as I wake up and remember them, so sorry if this is boring, confusing, or badly written. I broke it into some kind of paragraphs right now to make it easier on the eyes. :P

Dream I was on the crew of people making a movie. Can't remember much, but later, we went on site to shoot some footage. I learned that the

chose this weird multi-leveled platform thing right by the ocean (somehow, each level had water crashing up near it). As we were still in the

car, I was wary of going there because they looked like jail yard areas. I thought it was a jail at first.

Then when we got there, I was wary

of being so close to the water, and also high up. But it wasn't bad once I got up there. Forgot more that happened. Was trying to impress the

director I think, but don't think he was very impressed.

Remember being on one lower level and being with the director. I saw a wolf near us

(somehow between the water and us there was a layer of grass (?)). It came up to me through what I guess was a fence or barrier dividing

us on the side. I pushed my head against fence, and it walked up and pushed its face against me. Felt weird feeling, like I was dreaming, then

snapped out of it. Seemed time had passed and the director was gone.

I headed up toward higher

levels, somehow knowing he had gone up there. Along the way, I saw a girl (who had been in parts of this dream earlier). laughing, blowing

something at the wolf, at the end of a long stick. I got a bit angry and sad about it, and told her to stop, and pushed it away I think. She

laughed and said it was just oxygen. "Here, see?" And blew it at me, then put it in my hands. It was now shaped like a cane, so I said "okay

then", and started using it like a cane. She laughed.

We got up to the level of the director (I don't know how I knew this was where he should

be; think it was the top level). He had gone I think, and the girl went back down the levels I'm pretty sure. I was stuck at the top wondering

what to do. Then a car came from somewhere, and I think the girl came back, too.

Main things I am trying to figure out is the director, the ocean, the platforms, the wolf and what it did, and the oxygen in wolf's face that I realized was okay, and used it as a walking cane as a joke.

Anyone good at interpreting symbols in dreams that might be able to explain some of these? And how are you able to interpret things like that? Thanks.

Posted (edited)

name='_Only' timestamp='1334170338' post='4262192']

I was thinking about two recent dreams I've had lately that had some pretty interesting things in them that I aren't able to be tied into anything in my life, so I understand they must be symbols. These two dreams seemed filled with a lot of symbolic parts that I am not able to understand. I'll write the second in another thread since they're different dreams, and these turn out to be a lot longer read on this forum, as opposed to when they're written for me personally.

I would suggest you get a book on dream symbology or check out sites on the internet However, i can make a few general comments, again, on this dream.

I write dreams down right as I wake up and remember them, so sorry if this is boring, confusing, or badly written. I broke it into some kind of paragraphs right now to make it easier on the eyes. :P

Dream I was on the crew of people making a movie. Can't remember much, but later, we went on site to shoot some footage. I learned that the

chose this weird multi-leveled platform thing right by the ocean (somehow, each level had water crashing up near it). As we were still in the

car, I was wary of going there because they looked like jail yard areas. I thought it was a jail at first.

Then when we got there, I was wary

of being so close to the water, and also high up. But it wasn't bad once I got up there. Forgot more that happened. Was trying to impress the

director I think, but don't think he was very impressed.

Water is recognsed as a symbol of our emotions. The "sea of he soul" sort of thing. It is the NATURE of the water which is significant. Calm still, miror -reflective water shows tranquilty and peace; white caps and rough water more troubled emotions. If you have a building in the middle of the ocean, then this can represent a port of call or a point of stability in the middle of your emotions. A safe haven if you like.

It is interesting what you found in this "island", or bulding right next to a rough sea. First it is man made. Perhaps you desire concrete things over emotional ones. perhaps you see youself constructing a solid structre on that sea of emotion. It is a creative centre (filmmaking) which might speak to your interests or creative side. One of my books says that, when in a dream you find yourself on stage or being filmed, it is very significant. It connects (as you also realised )to how you see yourself. Shy, confident, over confident, brash, etc. The dream representation will tell you how you subconsciously see yourself.

Another example is, that if oyu find yourself under the control of a director you might be subconsciously thinking that you moves in real life are being controlled by others. But if you dont follow the director.s script you may be worried about beint too indpendent and reckless. i tsounds in your dream as if you are thnking about becoming the director and taking charge of your life's screenplay. :innocent:

Remember being on one lower level and being with the director. I saw a wolf near us

(somehow between the water and us there was a layer of grass (?)). It came up to me through what I guess was a fence or barrier dividing

us on the side. I pushed my head against fence, and it walked up and pushed its face against me. Felt weird feeling, like I was dreaming, then

snapped out of it. Seemed time had passed and the director was gone.

Wolves often represent strong characters or individuals in your life. They are not to be feared in a dream. They can represent a concern about hierachy in your life (and this dream sounds a lot like one in which hierachy is important).eg A multi level building, and a director on the top floor is almost a classic hierachical structure.

But then the director leaves. Who is running the show now?

I headed up toward higher

levels, somehow knowing he had gone up there. Along the way, I saw a girl (who had been in parts of this dream earlier). laughing, blowing

something at the wolf, at the end of a long stick. I got a bit angry and sad about it, and told her to stop, and pushed it away I think. She

laughed and said it was just oxygen. "Here, see?" And blew it at me, then put it in my hands. It was now shaped like a cane, so I said "okay

then", and started using it like a cane. She laughed.

Just guessing now, but this could represent your need for an authority figure, but one tempered by a sense of fun and even the ridiculous eg one not too serious about things but still a good leader. (This could be how you perceive yourself.)

The girl is kind of saying, "Even a powerful figure needs a breath of life/ fresh air( oxygen) The cane supports, just as oxygen does. But the girl seems almost frivolous as if saying, "Hey dont take it all so seriously."

We got up to the level of the director (I don't know how I knew this was where he should

be; think it was the top level). He had gone I think, and the girl went back down the levels I'm pretty sure. I was stuck at the top wondering

what to do. Then a car came from somewhere, and I think the girl came back, too.

Now that does sound like a dream concerning who has power/authority, and how do you act if no director is n charge. the car is a freudian symbolof sexual power inmales but mostly if you re driving one. It can also represent the joy of any power or control The car alos represents freedom and onward movement taking you from one 'place" to another. The car turning up a the end of the dream suggests to me your desire, subconsciously, to move on, and to take control of your life. To leave behind the past constructs and emotions and journey on, in a search for the future.

Main things I am trying to figure out is the director, the ocean, the platforms, the wolf and what it did, and the oxygen in wolf's face that I realized was okay, and used it as a walking cane as a joke.

Anyone good at interpreting symbols in dreams that might be able to explain some of these? And how are you able to interpret things like that? Thanks.

Again they are your symbols and so only you can really interpet them. I have given how I would interpet them if i had that dream, and used a few classic dream symbols to do so. But even things like colours are important in interpreting a dream.

The stairs in the building have many possibile interpretations from sex (dont ask me why) to perhaps you are exploring multi-levels of your own personality. Were they easy to climb? Were they open or closed, and was there any fear of falling, involved?

Edited by Mr Walker