Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
_Only

Interpreting Some Symbols 2

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I was thinking about two recent dreams I've had lately that had some pretty interesting things in them that I aren't able to be tied into anything in my life, so I understand they must be symbols. These two dreams seemed filled with a lot of symbolic parts that I am not able to understand. I wrote the first in another thread since they're different dreams, and these turn out to be a lot longer read on this forum, as opposed to when they're written for me personally.

I write dreams down right as I wake up and remember them, so sorry if this is boring, confusing, or badly written. I broke it into some kind of paragraphs right now to make it easier on the eyes. Left out a few personal names of real places and people in my life in this one, and one sexual part. :blush:

Night dream I was in a similar place to *where I grew up in my pre-teen to teen years* (been in this city town before). Remembering meeting a girl I think I knew awhile in the dream,

and she ... and led me to some abandoned creepy school. Eventually, she got scared in there, and

wanted to go. I wanted to stay, but we eventually left. I think I left her outside and went on my own.

Was going down street, then was flying

low in air, just above trees. Was having trouble turning, so would hold onto tops of trees to turn. Flew around a corner that was a dead end street.

Now I was flying somewhere else. Went by *someones*

house I've been to before in dreams. Flew low over side yard, and some giant cockroaches and spiders were crawling over each other down below.

I turned out to a sidewalk by *a highway I know in this town* Flew past 3 turtles. Eventually I was on ground again. Was walking, and noticed 3 motorcyclists ride up next to me. A group of motorcyclists rode past the other way, and all popped wheelies, so those on my side did, too. One guy crashed his bike, but got up and it was okay, and the other 2 laughed at him. He came behind me and punched me, but it didn't hurt.

Trying to figure out the symbolism for the dark abandoned school, using the trees to control my flight (think I might have been lucid dreaming, since I felt I was controlling flying around, or at least trying to), the cockroaches and spiders, the turtles, and the motorcyclists.

Anyone good at interpreting symbols in dreams that might be able to explain some of these? And how are you able to interpret things like that? Thanks.

Edited by _Only

I was thinking about two recent dreams I've had lately that had some pretty interesting things in them that I aren't able to be tied into anything in my life, so I understand they must be symbols. These two dreams seemed filled with a lot of symbolic parts that I am not able to understand. I wrote the first in another thread since they're different dreams, and these turn out to be a lot longer read on this forum, as opposed to when they're written for me personally.

I write dreams down right as I wake up and remember them, so sorry if this is boring, confusing, or badly written. I broke it into some kind of paragraphs right now to make it easier on the eyes. Left out a few personal names of real places and people in my life in this one, and one sexual part. :blush:

Night dream I was in a similar place to *where I grew up in my pre-teen to teen years* (been in this city town before). Remembering meeting a girl I think I knew awhile in the dream,

and she ... and led me to some abandoned creepy school. Eventually, she got scared in there, and

wanted to go. I wanted to stay, but we eventually left. I think I left her outside and went on my own.

Was going down street, then was flying

low in air, just above trees. Was having trouble turning, so would hold onto tops of trees to turn. Flew around a corner that was a dead end street.

Now I was flying somewhere else. Went by *someones*

house I've been to before in dreams. Flew low over side yard, and some giant cockroaches and spiders were crawling over each other down below.

I turned out to a sidewalk by *a highway I know in this town* Flew past 3 turtles. Eventually I was on ground again. Was walking, and noticed 3 motorcyclists ride up next to me. A group of motorcyclists rode past the other way, and all popped wheelies, so those on my side did, too. One guy crashed his bike, but got up and it was okay, and the other 2 laughed at him. He came behind me and punched me, but it didn't hurt.

Trying to figure out the symbolism for the dark abandoned school, using the trees to control my flight (think I might have been lucid dreaming, since I felt I was controlling flying around, or at least trying to), the cockroaches and spiders, the turtles, and the motorcyclists.

Anyone good at interpreting symbols in dreams that might be able to explain some of these? And how are you able to interpret things like that? Thanks.

Its hard to do this accurately, because dream symbologies, despite what the experts say relate uniquely to your own subconscious, its just that some symbols are common. But i'll give it a go. It doesnt help that ive "lost" my dream symbol book somewhere under a pile of papers and books on my desk.

First, abandoned schools and other buildings could represent your past that you have let go and moved on from. I dream about past schools all the time where i used to teach but they are filled with kids. LOL

Second, and fairly reliably, flying represents a sense of freedom and control. The better you fly the more free and in control you are so. Your dream might be saying that you are feeling a growing freedom, but still dont, subconsciously, believe your life is all under control yet. Hence the need to fly low and use trees to turn with. The trees are grounded to the earth and hence reality. Eventually your flying should improve and strengthen as your worries in the real world lessen. MAybe you are at a new stage in your life, and you are fairly confident but have a few doubts.

Roads represent directed travel which also tends to indicate you are on a journey in life of some sort. Having roads is good, becaus e it means you have a sense of direction and do not feel lost Or at least you are determined to keep traveliing even if you do get a little lost.. The bikies and the insects most likley reprent fears, dangers, anxieties. None have to be big or significant in real life, and the fact that you can fly over them is good. It is also good that they cant touch or harm you. That means you feel relatively safe and in control of your waking life, and your journey.

The turtles are interesting. They could mean a number of things depending on how you view turtles in real life. They could be things holding you back. Or they could be things you can see would hold you back but you have overcome. They could represent friends family or things tha t you might lose/leave behind, as you travel down a new road (especaily because the ywere on the higheway a the time. .

Usually turtles are good symbols, representing strength solidity and a lack of change. Its interesting that they show up in a change dream.

The friend you visit may have a significant part as well. But i dont know the relationship so i cant say what it is. It is important that you stopped off to see them. The most obvious symbol of the girl is either literally, a girl you left behind, or metaphorically an image of all the things you will leave behind.

Hope this makes some sense to you. :innocent:

Posted (edited)

The turtles struck me as interesting too.

Firstly, there were 3 of them - 3 could represent a trilogy of some kind. (Past, Present, Future possibly?) Like the other poster said, it depends on how you think of turtles personally the most.

When I think of turtles, I think of a hard exterior shell firstly, a slow pace which usually comes with patience. Might be something to think about in regards to something you are going through or have been experiencing?

Edited by sarah_444

Posted (edited)

That's the thing, I really don't have any personal feelings about what a turtle would represent, or how I feel they are. Well, I guess all I can say is that I think they are a cool animal, and I enjoyed them in the dream. Definitely more than the cockroaches and tarantulas.

And thanks, Mr. Walker. Sometimes I break things down so much and get lost in the pieces that I didn't see the big picture in the pile. You brought it back with one word. I feel the dream was about change. Had that in the back of my mind. Thanks for the help popping it back up front.

Edited by _Only

It's good that you can identify how you felt about them in the dream, that always seems to be the best way to interpret something.

A positive symbol regarding turtles and the "change" theme could still possibly have to do with patience (because they are slow creatures) or moving at your own pace, making steady progress...something like that. Protection, maybe also. (because of the hard shell)

The turtles struck me as interesting too.

Firstly, there were 3 of them - 3 could represent a trilogy of some kind. (Past, Present, Future possibly?) Like the other poster said, it depends on how you think of turtles personally the most.

When I think of turtles, I think of a hard exterior shell firstly, a slow pace which usually comes with patience. Might be something to think about in regards to something you are going through or have been experiencing?

Yes, after Id left home to take the dog for a walk, it struck me that 3 is a significant/lucky number too. By the time i got back it was too late to edit the post so I left it.