Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RightInTheStatisticals

The Plasma Universe ... say what now?

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Well, I again learn about something new at UM. This time it's 'The Plasma Universe'

I was going to reply to a post in a thread about the Big Bang (link) in the Spirituality vs Skepticism forum, but thought I'd start a new thread to help my understanding.

My first reaction from a cursory google search is extrememly skeptical as many of the proponent have big colorful websites that all say the same thing, while collectively dismissing the Big Bang Theory as old science we need to move beyond.

A few links to proponent websites:

www.plasmacosmology.net

plasmauniverse.info

I've spent a small bit of time reading what they say and am no closer to understanding how this 'theory' replaces BBT. Can anyone enlighten me as it seems that most of what I've read appears to be pseudo-science at best.

EDIT:

Also where are they getting this 99.9999% of all matter in the universe is plasma statistic?

Edited by RightInTheStatisticals

Thinks, I have always been fascinated by plasma. I'll read the links and get back to you.

Posted (edited)

It's my understanding that instead of this "Plasma Universe theory" replacing the BBT, it only is a part of it (meaning, it isn't a theory, but rather a fact that plasma exists)..

I've read how some people disagree. Saying that "something can not come from nothing". That is simply an opinion. The universe is full of plasma. Stars, lightening, etc., these are all sources of plasma. So it isn't something new, but has recently been a new fringe theory. The only reason it is getting attention is because, people are saying it explains the universe better then the BBT. Which simply isn't true. There is no model presented as of yet, that has been confirmed or supported by any physicists that replaces the BBT.

The number, 99.999 or whatever, would mean that all matter (including dark matter an dark energy) is static electricity. This is unknown and not testable by any means at this point. :)

edit; Also, that number would seem to suggest that even the vacuum of space is charged. Not true. :)

Edited by Mentalcase

More important though, is this :-

What is the 0.00001% made of? :)

Posted (edited)

More important though, is this :-

What is the 0.00001% made of? :)

Idiots who come up with stupid theories? Although, that number via number of humans, would be near 99.999% I think. lmao!

Edited by Mentalcase

Idiots who come up with stupid theories? Although, that number via number of humans, would be near 99.999% I think. lmao!

How right you are :)

Posted (edited)

This has been an interesting read, but I think it truely lost me when they started to talk about electro-magnetism having a greater effect on a macro scale than gravity.

Eh, well I learned soemthing different in any case. Thanks Mentalcase for your input and thank you UM for helping me come up with more material to keep me from working. This site can be adicting. :rofl:

Edited by RightInTheStatisticals

So that big amoeba in that star trek episode burst ?

Sorry.couldn't resist. :rofl::rofl:

This has been an interesting read, but I think it truely lost me when they started to talk about electro-magnetism having a greater effect on a macro scale than gravity.

Eh, well I learned soemthing different in any case. Thanks Mentalcase for your input and thank you UM for helping me come up with more material to keep me from working. This site can be adicting. :rofl:

^_^ Glad I could be of service!