Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
THE MATRIX

TX Christian School Fires UNwed Pregnant

13 posts in this topic

because she was well pregnant and and unwed.

My link

A Christian school in Texas has fired an unmarried science teacher because it claimed she was not a good “Christian role model” — even after she offered to get married.

Cathy Samford, who is now 39 weeks pregnant, told ABC News that she was “totally shocked” when Heritage Christian Academy in Rockwall, Texas fired her from her job as a science teacher and volleyball coach after they discovered she was pregnant late last year.

“I’m not just some teacher that went out to a bar and got pregnant and went back to school saying it’s okay,” Samford explained. “I was in a committed relationship the whole time and probably would have been married if things had gone differently and this would be a non-situation.”

“I didn’t think I would lose my job,” she said. “I was in shock and devastated and that’s when I said, ‘If this is the problem, I’m willing, and so is my fiancé, to go ahead and get married.’ That wasn’t the issue. We were going to get married regardless.”

Heritage Christian Academy headmaster Dr. Ron Taylor insisted to ABC News that he “had the feeling” the kids already knew she was pregnant so her marriage “wouldn’t have changed anything.”

“It doesn’t change that her behavior was out of wedlock,” Taylor said. “It’s not that she’s pregnant. The issue here is being an unmarried mother. … Everything that we stand for says that we want our teachers, who we consider to be in the ministry, to model what a Christian man or woman should be.”

SO because she is unwed and pregnant, the Christian thing to do is to fire her leaving her without any income with a child along the way. Tell me how exactly Christian is that??? I would like to know. And people wonder why Christianity is diminishing.

because she was well pregnant and and unwed.

My link

SO because she is unwed and pregnant, the Christian thing to do is to fire her leaving her without any income with a child along the way. Tell me how exactly Christian is that??? I would like to know. And people wonder why Christianity is diminishing.

Yeah, really makes sense :no: I hope she can get them on unjust firing- where is Gloria Alred!?:P

Stupid fundies

Unless the school receives funds from the US government it's perfectly legal from a justice point of view. That being said, on the ethical side, I would recommend sending a very good book to the school board titled "The Handmaid's Tale" by Margaret Atwood with a quote in it: When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Handmaid%27s_Tale

As long as they fire any employee that does not live up to thier moral codes, this is a non-issue. Otherwise......

I do not understand how people who think that being a Christian is a moral choice, can call themselves Christian.

Let's see.... some backwater school administration makes a decision based on lord only knows what (really) to terminate an employee who did break rules of her employment, and for this cause Christianity is on trial? :rolleyes: I wonder why it's become the standard that if a hand full of fundy's with rags around their heads kill a few dozen or even a few hundred, it's automatically assumed they were a non representative minority of extremists. But if a few Christians do something far less heinous the whole religion goes on trial? How very fair and progressive we are! I'm sure our old college profs are beaming with pride :P

Let's see.... some backwater school administration makes a decision based on lord only knows what (really) to terminate an employee who did break rules of her employment, and for this cause Christianity is on trial? :rolleyes: I wonder why it's become the standard that if a hand full of fundy's with rags around their heads kill a few dozen or even a few hundred, it's automatically assumed they were a non representative minority of extremists. But if a few Christians do something far less heinous the whole religion goes on trial? How very fair and progressive we are! I'm sure our old college profs are beaming with pride :P

It's not christianity that is on tria here, it's the school board :innocent:

Sorry. But when you toss a woman out like that especially when she is pregnant that is not very Christian like no matter what the circumstance is. I feel sad for all the women associated with those posters who don't think there is anything wrong with the firing.

Just another whore. One of those single mothers AGAIN!! :rolleyes:

See, the problem is, she didn't spend enough time balancing her womanly duties. If she spent MORE time in the pursuit of making sandwiches and bringing beer, (instead of, well...you know) this may not have ever happened at all. :lol:

IMO, the Christian angle is kind of moot. It's a private school and they can kind of do what they want, and a lot of them have some sort of morality clause. If she really has a case or not will probably depend a lot on what is in her contract.

But ick, it seems pretty wrong to fire her considering it seems like the couple was already planning on getting married anyway.

Just another whore. One of those single mothers AGAIN!! :rolleyes:

I just love your sense of humor

IMO, the Christian angle is kind of moot. It's a private school and they can kind of do what they want, and a lot of them have some sort of morality clause. If she really has a case or not will probably depend a lot on what is in her contract.

But ick, it seems pretty wrong to fire her considering it seems like the couple was already planning on getting married anyway.

If the school receives any funds from the feds (and most do) then they can take their morality clause and ..... oups it's a public forum pg 13