Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Death To Blasphemers In Kuwait

Arbenol

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• and-then

• Arbenol

• Space Commander Travis

• Knight Of Shadows

Because it sits on Saudi Arabia's doorstep. And because Bush liked saying sad-um.

If these people didn't have most of the world's oil no one would give a rat's ass what happened to any of them. Except, of course the few Christians who truly love everyone. I'm not there yet - but I am trying.

Isn't it interesting how the countries that the beacon of Democracy and Freedom* is always so anxious to help and support are, er, such beacons of Freedom and Liberty themselves... Pakistan, S. Arabia, Kuwait ......

*That's the U.S, in case anyone wasn't sure

Isn't it interesting how the countries that the beacon of Democracy and Freedom* is always so anxious to help and support are, er, such beacons of Freedom and Liberty themselves... Pakistan, S. Arabia, Kuwait ......

Whilst I mostly share your sentiments where the US is concerned, in all fairness half the UN wet it's pants in the rush to get a mad dictator out of the country of a slightly less mad dictator.

It's to do with this

"Kuwait has been witnessing a rise in tension between its Sunni majority and the Shiites, roughly one third of the country’s population. The two sects of Islam are increasingly at odds across the entire Greater Middle East region."

And America doesn't have the right to act in it's own best interests? We recently spent a few hundred million to secure oil for our allies in Britain and France as well as Italy. We "supported" Pakistan because they chose to try to help us early on with the Taliban. Of course the other countries you listed are purely about oil. Some of the rhetoric coming out of Foggy Bottom is rather saccharine and pretentious but only a child would take it seriously. We push hard to get what we want just as every other nation does. And when the day comes that we no longer are able or willing to defend ourselves then we'll be thrown on the ash pile of history.

Save us a place there please.

And America doesn't have the right to act in it's own best interests? We recently spent a few hundred million to secure oil for our allies in Britain and France as well as Italy. We "supported" Pakistan because they chose to try to help us early on with the Taliban. Of course the other countries you listed are purely about oil. Some of the rhetoric coming out of Foggy Bottom is rather saccharine and pretentious but only a child would take it seriously. We push hard to get what we want just as every other nation does. And when the day comes that we no longer are able or willing to defend ourselves then we'll be thrown on the ash pile of history.

Save us a place there please.

Indeed, that's one of the advantages of a dictatorship, they don't need to worry about rhetoric about "Democracy" and "Freedom" and similar airy wafflings. Who knows, it might make people respect them a bit more, for honesty at least, if they were a bit more honest and not try to dress their latest intervention up as "freeing the oppressed people of Iraqistan from Evil tyrants" and all the rest from the usual script. And please, stop putting the word "Freedom" in the names they give their wars.

it just redicilous isn't it ? they call the hunger for oil democracy and their murderers for greed " freedom " :lol:

I don't want to distract anybody from the 'We Hate America' v 'America is Awesome' debate, but the point of this thread was about Kuwait and it's pending decision to make blasphemy a capital crime.

I think any country that has the death penalty in the first place needs to civilise itself a bit more (and that does include some parts of the US), but to kill people for insulting a religion is morally retarded in the extreme.

I don't want to distract anybody from the 'We Hate America' v 'America is Awesome' debate, but the point of this thread was about Kuwait and it's pending decision to make blasphemy a capital crime.

I think any country that has the death penalty in the first place needs to civilise itself a bit more (and that does include some parts of the US), but to kill people for insulting a religion is morally retarded in the extreme.

Completely agree. One of many things about this culture that is abhorrent to Western sensibilities. I thought it notable that they also pushed for the same penalty to be applied to people who bad mouthed their 12 historical leaders/imams. Capital punishment is applied in America in many states but never for a crime other than murder. Even then it takes a decade worth of legal appeals before it's carried out. And to me, this waiting is the cruel part of the punishment.

Saudi Arabia and Kuwait are front runners when it comes to human right issues. Its funny how there is no foreign military intervention in SA or Kuwait, but in Libya there was, a country which used to have the highest living standard in Africa

Saudi Arabia and Kuwait are front runners when it comes to human right issues. Its funny how there is no foreign military intervention in SA or Kuwait, but in Libya there was, a country which used to have the highest living standard in Africa

I assume you're being ironical. Of course the reason for the Libyan action was to secure oil for Europe at favorable prices. At least they were smart enough to arrange a quid pro quo. We in the US have received nothing for our efforts except more death, debt and universal hatred.

As colonialists go, we suck!

To put it in flowery words: "Religions are supposed to teach people how to reach a higher level of conciousness and being".

But since when is religion more important than a human life? Well, I think that idea came soon after... when people in the lead knew that they could 'control' people with it.

But, heh, people never really liked to be 'controlled'.

The way these knucklebrains use 'religion' to control the masses is nothing short of totalitarian and primitive.

I guess human evolution doesn't go with the same pace everywhere on this planet.

Shiite Muslims despise Abu Bakr, Omar and Muhammad's wife Aisha. Should be interesting to see what happens now.

Just another bunch of religious buffoons that want to rule over other human beings under the name of God.

Yeah, it's kinda hard to be happy and content when there is %20 unemployment, a million migrant workers in a country whose total labour force is only 1.7 million and whose laws regarding said foreign workers are rather lax. It's also hard to be happy when foreign workers are being paid twice as much as the average Libyan and who take up %18 of the highly paied skilled jobs in the country.

So, yeah. Libyans were totally happy.

Shiite Muslims despise Abu Bakr, Omar and Muhammad's wife Aisha. Should be interesting to see what happens now.

I have to admit that my knowledge of Islam is very weak... But why do the Shiite's despise Aisha? What did she do? Wear white after labor day or something?

EDIT: I did some research and found the answer myself... politics - as usual - nevermind...

Edited by Taun

I have to admit that my knowledge of Islam is very weak... But why do the Shiite's despise Aisha? What did she do? Wear white after labor day or something?

EDIT: I did some research and found the answer myself... politics - as usual - nevermind...

they think that Oma And Abo Baker " Stole " the islamic succession from Ali

and they think Aisha was a """" .. " not my words "

i know it sounds weird shittes muslims are one of the most strange path i have ever seen

it's really corrupted beyond repair

what's even worse is the violence in their beliefs such as " killing more sunni muslims will make the coming of the Muhde faster "