Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

any ideas on what this could be?

blackrose85

My partner and I had some strange sightings of shadows and orbs inside our house. We decided to start taking pictures. One night we took some pictures of our backyard and didn't see anything. Later looking through the pictures we came across one of what looks like a creature huddled next to the back shed. Can anyone help us with maybe identifying it? I have the photo both the original and a lightened and blown up version. Attached is a lightened version.

post-128102-0-95287500-1334394075_thumb.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• blackrose85

• ChrLzs

• Rafterman

• Conrad Clough

Having trouble seeing anything even remotely odd. A comparison with a daylight shot of the identical scene, and perhaps also one at dusk, ie half light, might help.

Once you brighten a low quality (sorry!) image that much, any subtle patches may simply be sensor issues.. Plus, given that digital cameras don't record a heck of a lot more than your eye perceives, and your eye is much better in darkness, I think the fact that you didn't see anything by eye tells all you need to know..

I concur - not really seeing anything either. It does look horribly overgrown though.

Thank you very much for the input. The picture was taken a few months ago so the yard has changed a bit. We weren't sure about camera issues. That helps.

playing around with the brightness and contrast in Photoshop I don't see anything unnatural looking, sorry.

I saw it but you have to look REALLY closely at the left side of the shed.

It looks like a tree or something, maybe is you could give us a clarrified version we could see it better.

well, i could see a humanoid shape near the left side tho it was faint...

any sort of history with the house? or failing that, you said you saw orbs boppin around lately...any other 'sky' activity? some say the orbs are probes; and sometimes the visitors can look almost translucent, just saying...

watch for any more flashes of light; whatever you got going on there, it is probably going to visit you some more i would guess....

OK.. - would have been easier if the new image was taken from the same place as the first and was the same size, but never mind..

Here's a very crude animation, showing the following images:

1. Your original image brightened (a LOT) to show as much detail as possible. Note that the detail revealed includes FALSE detail from sensor limitations, image compression/noise, etc. It was brightened using a 'gamma' adjustment (just using Photoshop's greypoint slider in the Levels dialogue) - no other alterations were made.

2. The new image brightened using the same method and resized / aligned to roughly match the first.

3. The new image overlaid on the first, at about 60% opacity.

notmuchtosee_1.gif

Conclusions (mine!)

1. There is nothing definite in the first image. While I can just visualise/imagine some figures in the area mentioned, using the same level of imagination I can see them on the roof, and all over the place.

2. The second image shows very different plant and tree growth - note the climbing plant on the fascia and how it has grown significantly in the intervening time. So the shapes in the first are likely just shapes formed from the plants at that time.

3. Sorry...

But I hope that helps.. :)

Thanks for your work Chrisz.

I have to say, though, still not seeing anything remotely like a crouching figure.

Thank you for the opinions it is very much appreciated. The orb activity we have found both inside the house and outside. Not sure if they are actually orbs or just bugs or atmospheric things. We have had a few white streaks show up as well. We were just curious to see what peoples opinions were on the picture. As for the history of the house we don't know much other than the previous people who leased it left abruptly ( so abruptly that a fair few belongings were left behind) although that means little when that could be for any reason. I will check the older photos to see if I can find one that was taken around the same time both in daylight and at night.

I'm sorry I can see anything. Could you circle it? :)

One of the pictures of 'orbs'.

Orbs are nothing more than particulates illuminated by the camera.

One of the pictures of 'orbs'.

Yep, definitely dust particles/small insects/whatever close to lens and illuminated by the on-camera flash. You could test this by deliberately introducing dust in front of the camera while you take some flash shots at night.

This is VERY common with today's digital cameras. Less common with older cameras as the flash is further from the lens and they tend to have much less depth of field - which throws objects so far out of focus they effectively disappear.

My partner and I had some strange sightings of shadows and orbs inside our house. We decided to start taking pictures. One night we took some pictures of our backyard and didn't see anything. Later looking through the pictures we came across one of what looks like a creature huddled next to the back shed. Can anyone help us with maybe identifying it? I have the photo both the original and a lightened and blown up version. Attached is a lightened version.

Hi. :geek:

I looked at your photo before I read your post, just to see if I could see something on my own before any suggestions I might read about the image 'contaminated' my observation...after I registered as a new user, that is.

Anyway, I saw it immediately, the blacker-than-black human-like entity at the far end of the shed on the left side, quite close to the wall. I get an odd sense, though, of a more primate type form than human, but that doesn't mean anything, because there are lots of possible reasons I'm picking up on that and I don't think it actually being some sort of primate spirit being is very likely at all...simply because it just doesn't pan out in my mind, if you know what I mean. That idea feels totally 'blank.'

I don't see anything even remotely similar in any other part of the image and not in any of the other images...although in the one you posted that you said was taken later that same night, there is remaining a little bit of an energetic signature or echo, whatever you want to call it...I would say 'ghost' but not in the way most people think of a ghost...it's kind of like those ghost-like crop circles often come up the next season when the crops mature in a place where there was a crop circle found the previous year.

I've seen one of those before...the dark shadow thing, that is. Right here at my house in June of 2006, in the middle of the night. I actually saw it through the security camera hidden in the motion light right outside my gate...that is, it was on the TV screen through which I viewed the camera's field of view. I don't know what caused me to look up at the screen suddenly, because my dog outside didn't bark and nothing was audibly out of the ordinary. It might have been the motion light but I'm not sure. I can hear it click on when it's triggered because it is on the other side of the wall where I sit inside. I looked up and saw something that I can only describe as darker-than-dark or blacker-than-black...in the shape of an ordinary human of undetermined gender (no details in the outline, even, such as hair, etc) of average height and build. Very unremarkable in that sense yet something I'd never seen or heard of (then) or even imagined. And in a sense, someone else looking at the same picture on that TV might not have seen anything at all...I was alone so I can't say for sure. It was a lot like looking at a black hole, I thought then and still do...mainly because it was darker than the darkest darkness I've ever experienced. It stood out in the dark night because it was darker than the night. It was like totally devoid of light or any memory of light.

And now it gets really wild...it 'spoke' to me telepathically...in the most polite and courteous, even gentle, tone, it asked (although not in words only thought or intention) if it could come in. I figured that meant through the gate into my yard, which I guess was somehow the recognized boundary of my little world in this entity's estimation. It was the strangest most disconnected thing I'd ever encountered, both seen and unseen...but it was very much sentient and intelligent...and despite it being so strange, there was this crazy sense that it was familiar with me and this place yet did not know me...I can not explain it like I want to. I never have been able to, either.

So, anyway...I thought for a moment...and all this short time, I can palpably FEEL the presence of this darkness just on the other side of the wall near where I was sitting...it felt far more vibrant than most everyone I encounter, in the spiritual sense, that is...and I sense no malevolence whatsoever. Yet, I replied "No, I don't think so. Not tonight," in thought with every effort to return the same attitude that I had gotten when it 'spoke' to me. And it gave a sort of unspoken (even more unspoken! ha!) nod of acknowledgement and then just silently remained there for a a few minutes which seemed like hours and hours but I know was not over 10 minutes and probably closer to 5 or even less...and then it was gone. Just like that. No walking away...not disappearance, even, if that makes sense...it was just no longer there.

I have my suspicions on what it was all about, now, but at the time, it was a completely novel experience and so far it is still an isolated incident in my life. I do see an increasing number of reports here and there on the net about 'shadow people' encounters...and I think it is all basically the same general phenomenon.

No one's been harmed or harassed as far as I know from what I've read and for the most part, it seems most are also isolated events at the time the account was told/published. A few were return visitors but it seems like there were things about those visits that were a little different but I can't be sure since I'm going on my own memory about these things right now...it was a few months back when I last read anything about it, so my recall might be deficient.

It certainly is a potential freak-out but I don't think it is something of a fear-motivated or fear-seeking nature. More like it is lost? That's the impression that just came to me...only about this one you've managed to capture somehow...it feels rather forlorn, not quite sad...but alone and not wanting to be alone. I don't know.

The orbs are really cool, too, btw...I honestly have never been impressed by orbs or even detected anything but dust motes somehow but that one image with the large on in the foreground...that actually gives me the impression of being a sphere...not 2D but 3D...a lot like a crystal ball...and I get the distinct sense of sentience coming from within it, not real real strong but not weak enough to make me want to remain skeptical.

This might sound crazy but the dark entity feels 'male' and the light ball feels 'female.' Neither one feels evil or ill-intentioned, either. I don't think their presence has very much to do with you being there, if anything at all...if any at all...it feels like it is unrelated to the house or to you but the location as far as geography is why they are there. Not the structures but the spacial location on the planet...that's why they are there. Whatever that means.

:blush:

post-128214-0-69557300-1334722534_thumb.

Edited by babalon

Hi. :geek:

I looked at your photo before I read your post, just to see if I could see something on my own before any suggestions I might read about the image 'contaminated' my observation...after I registered as a new user, that is.

Anyway, I saw it immediately, the blacker-than-black human-like entity at the far end of the shed on the left side, quite close to the wall. I get an odd sense, though, of a more primate type form than human, but that doesn't mean anything, because there are lots of possible reasons I'm picking up on that and I don't think it actually being some sort of primate spirit being is very likely at all...simply because it just doesn't pan out in my mind, if you know what I mean. That idea feels totally 'blank.'

I don't see anything even remotely similar in any other part of the image and not in any of the other images...although in the one you posted that you said was taken later that same night, there is remaining a little bit of an energetic signature or echo, whatever you want to call it...I would say 'ghost' but not in the way most people think of a ghost...it's kind of like those ghost-like crop circles often come up the next season when the crops mature in a place where there was a crop circle found the previous year.

I've seen one of those before...the dark shadow thing, that is. Right here at my house in June of 2006, in the middle of the night. I actually saw it through the security camera hidden in the motion light right outside my gate...that is, it was on the TV screen through which I viewed the camera's field of view. I don't know what caused me to look up at the screen suddenly, because my dog outside didn't bark and nothing was audibly out of the ordinary. It might have been the motion light but I'm not sure. I can hear it click on when it's triggered because it is on the other side of the wall where I sit inside. I looked up and saw something that I can only describe as darker-than-dark or blacker-than-black...in the shape of an ordinary human of undetermined gender (no details in the outline, even, such as hair, etc) of average height and build. Very unremarkable in that sense yet something I'd never seen or heard of (then) or even imagined. And in a sense, someone else looking at the same picture on that TV might not have seen anything at all...I was alone so I can't say for sure. It was a lot like looking at a black hole, I thought then and still do...mainly because it was darker than the darkest darkness I've ever experienced. It stood out in the dark night because it was darker than the night. It was like totally devoid of light or any memory of light.

And now it gets really wild...it 'spoke' to me telepathically...in the most polite and courteous, even gentle, tone, it asked (although not in words only thought or intention) if it could come in. I figured that meant through the gate into my yard, which I guess was somehow the recognized boundary of my little world in this entity's estimation. It was the strangest most disconnected thing I'd ever encountered, both seen and unseen...but it was very much sentient and intelligent...and despite it being so strange, there was this crazy sense that it was familiar with me and this place yet did not know me...I can not explain it like I want to. I never have been able to, either.

So, anyway...I thought for a moment...and all this short time, I can palpably FEEL the presence of this darkness just on the other side of the wall near where I was sitting...it felt far more vibrant than most everyone I encounter, in the spiritual sense, that is...and I sense no malevolence whatsoever. Yet, I replied "No, I don't think so. Not tonight," in thought with every effort to return the same attitude that I had gotten when it 'spoke' to me. And it gave a sort of unspoken (even more unspoken! ha!) nod of acknowledgement and then just silently remained there for a a few minutes which seemed like hours and hours but I know was not over 10 minutes and probably closer to 5 or even less...and then it was gone. Just like that. No walking away...not disappearance, even, if that makes sense...it was just no longer there.

I have my suspicions on what it was all about, now, but at the time, it was a completely novel experience and so far it is still an isolated incident in my life. I do see an increasing number of reports here and there on the net about 'shadow people' encounters...and I think it is all basically the same general phenomenon.

No one's been harmed or harassed as far as I know from what I've read and for the most part, it seems most are also isolated events at the time the account was told/published. A few were return visitors but it seems like there were things about those visits that were a little different but I can't be sure since I'm going on my own memory about these things right now...it was a few months back when I last read anything about it, so my recall might be deficient.

It certainly is a potential freak-out but I don't think it is something of a fear-motivated or fear-seeking nature. More like it is lost? That's the impression that just came to me...only about this one you've managed to capture somehow...it feels rather forlorn, not quite sad...but alone and not wanting to be alone. I don't know.

The orbs are really cool, too, btw...I honestly have never been impressed by orbs or even detected anything but dust motes somehow but that one image with the large on in the foreground...that actually gives me the impression of being a sphere...not 2D but 3D...a lot like a crystal ball...and I get the distinct sense of sentience coming from within it, not real real strong but not weak enough to make me want to remain skeptical.

This might sound crazy but the dark entity feels 'male' and the light ball feels 'female.' Neither one feels evil or ill-intentioned, either. I don't think their presence has very much to do with you being there, if anything at all...if any at all...it feels like it is unrelated to the house or to you but the location as far as geography is why they are there. Not the structures but the spacial location on the planet...that's why they are there. Whatever that means.

:blush:

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'd really like to hear more about it. Although I am attaching a photo of the thing we saw circled.

post-128102-0-85946400-1334728496_thumb.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'd really like to hear more about it. Although I am attaching a photo of the thing we saw circled.

That's kind of funny. You both circled different areas in the photo showing where you think the "entity" is, just goes to show you, there is nothing at all difinitive in the photo, just shadows, plants and shadows of plants.

what ever babalon did to the photo shows the area that blackrose85 circled to be very plant-like, in my own fiddling with the original picture in photoshop I didn't see anything strange in either of the areas of the picture that they circled.

Sorry but as soon as you start guiding people to see your personal Pareidolia then you have invalidated any attempt at objective analysis

Sorry but as soon as you start guiding people to see your personal Pareidolia then you have invalidated any attempt at objective analysis

That's the reason I didn't circle it when I first posted. I have circled it now because I came to the conclusion that others don't see what we see. I kept the information surrounding it and what we see to myself for the sole purpose of letting other people look and see if anyone could see it. Clearly not.

Precisely correct! I've been watching this thread unfold to see where it would lead and I'm afraid it's the normal same old same old... :blush: Rational explanation isn't going to be accepted here. In the OP's original post they said they were experiencing "Orb activity" thus causing them to start taking random pictures and this is when they found this "entity."

Being they are in the belief that "Orbs" are real it leads me to believe they aren't exactly going to accept scientific and rational thought. I was hoping, after more knowledgeable people explained and educated, the OP would start to realize and see. This isn't the case here.

To the OP. Your original picture, after having edited it, shows nothing out of the normal. As has already been explained here. Sorry my friend. As for the "Orbs" you posted. Orbs are, as has already been posted, nothing more than particulates in the environment being reflected by a light source. Usually the flash.

I also wanted to say, the fact that TWO different users, The OP and someone else, circled the area's they say these "entities" are located and they were completely different area's shows us a prime example of pareidolia. We rarely get to see a more prime example on these forums!