Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO Encounters With Airplanes:

Still Waters

There's been a buzz in the air this week -- literally -- about a video allegedly showing a UFO flying near a passenger plane over Seoul, South Korea.

The video, which has been viewed several million times, has brought out a myriad of theories to explain the strange-looking oval white object viewed on Saturday.When a passenger on the airline tried to zoom in on the object with a video camera as it moved upward from the ground, pacing near the plane, it suddenly flew away.

Was this an alien visitation, a computer-generated image, a water droplet on the plane window or a white plastic bag moving in the wind?

As skeptics and true UFO believers battle it out over the origin of this latest unexplained object, they are engaging in an unresolved decades-old debate: Can unexplained UFOs become a safety issue for the commercial airline industry?

arrow3.gifRead more...

"However, to the best of all of our knowledge, there has never been an incident where an airplane ran into one or was attacked by one."

Not very likely...

Anything that enters the immediate airspace of an aircraft is considered a danger, be it a bird, storm, debris or now obviously UFO's. On the other hand, if these are actual crafts and they are hyper advanced, they obviously have the ability to not interfere with conventional aircraft.

I would think the question is "Do aircraft pose a danger to UFO's" as there seems to be so many of them around and being stelthy by design the problem is our primative radar does not always see them.

I bet they just roll down there sun,moon,planet roof`s and throw out the old Beer cans at the passing by Aircraft. Thats why we never find any UFO parts laying around.

Any view expressed regarding the authenticity of the video has to be based on instinct rather than anything tangible since technology as we all know does such a convincing job when it comes to producing these effects. It's a great shame that people do this and there is little doubt that it masks the truth and makes discernment impossible. Exactly the same thing happened with the crop circle phenomena and it's not beyond the bounds of credibility to believe that these thousands of hoaxes are created to turn the public's mind off the subject. It worked perfectly with crop circles. Exactly why this is done is anybodies guess.

I have seen what I believe to be dozens of genuine videos and photographs of non-terrestrial craft spanning decades before such hoaxing technology was widely available and most of the numerous testimonies relating close encounters are now common knowledge as well as convincing if one takes the time to do the research. I have no doubt that a proportion of what we refer to as the UFO phenomena is extra-terrestrial in origin.

Regarding these recent wave of video's shot from commercial aircraft windows now leaves me with some doubt, and most probably it is just another wave of the current hoaxing campaign. Officially instigated or otherwise, it just doesn't smell right. For one thing, if you study the phenomena extensively you quickly realise that pilots see a wide variety of different shaped craft, often complex in design, bright and flashing. These recent videos do not seem to match pilots testimonies. The videos all seem to be the same. A few seconds of footage and the object predictably appears for a few seconds and vanishes. Some pilots see these things for minutes at a time and they have been even reported to track planes. I could be wrong but my money is on the hoaxers.

Any view expressed regarding the authenticity of the video has to be based on instinct rather than anything tangible since technology as we all know does such a convincing job when it comes to producing these effects. It's a great shame that people do this and there is little doubt that it masks the truth and makes discernment impossible. Exactly the same thing happened with the crop circle phenomena and it's not beyond the bounds of credibility to believe that these thousands of hoaxes are created to turn the public's mind off the subject. It worked perfectly with crop circles. Exactly why this is done is anybodies guess.

I have seen what I believe to be dozens of genuine videos and photographs of non-terrestrial craft spanning decades before such hoaxing technology was widely available and most of the numerous testimonies relating close encounters are now common knowledge as well as convincing if one takes the time to do the research. I have no doubt that a proportion of what we refer to as the UFO phenomena is extra-terrestrial in origin.

Regarding these recent wave of video's shot from commercial aircraft windows now leaves me with some doubt, and most probably it is just another wave of the current hoaxing campaign. Officially instigated or otherwise, it just doesn't smell right. For one thing, if you study the phenomena extensively you quickly realise that pilots see a wide variety of different shaped craft, often complex in design, bright and flashing. These recent videos do not seem to match pilots testimonies. The videos all seem to be the same. A few seconds of footage and the object predictably appears for a few seconds and vanishes. Some pilots see these things for minutes at a time and they have been even reported to track planes. I could be wrong but my money is on the hoaxers.

How would you begin to speculate that these craft you've witnessed are non-terrestrial? Speaking from a S.O. military stand point I can safely say there's a lot of objects witnessed by civilians, and even many non- clearanced military personnel, that are nothing more than black military craft.

I think you will find our aircraft are all right unless these aliens start hoon flying lol.

"And the government doesn't tell you the truth all the time. Part of the stuff I was doing in my last 10 years with the government was lying to the public. I gave out disinformation -- an approved tactic in the government -- because the people can't handle the truth."

There's a classic line. And how exactly would we be able to even discern the truth at this point? I guess ya'll figure we can handle the lies OK.

Edited by Zarifa

"And the government doesn't tell you the truth all the time. Part of the stuff I was doing in my last 10 years with the government was lying to the public. I gave out disinformation -- an approved tactic in the government -- because the people can't handle the truth."

There's a classic line. And how exactly would we be able to even discern the truth at this point? I guess ya'll figure we can handle the lies OK.

Do you have any copies of the disinformation papers ? This would be too Kool for School ! :rolleyes:

Great Post, It doesn't seem to happen often but I agree with just about everything. The hoaxing is frustrating, as it continues to provide fodder for the skeptics....

I often wonder why most of the stuff on the site seems fairly easy to debunk. It's even more frustrating when the media does take hold, the grab onto silly easily debunked cases on not the serious ones.

I still think this is changing though and will continue for the better. Truth will prevail, hopefully before it is too late.

How would you begin to speculate that these craft you've witnessed are non-terrestrial? Speaking from a S.O. military stand point I can safely say there's a lot of objects witnessed by civilians, and even many non- clearanced military personnel, that are nothing more than black military craft.

Just like you say there is no evidence for the existence of non-terrestrial craft, others say there is no evidence for the existence of exotic black military craft. You are just substituting one mystery for another and that doesn't work. Please don't point to the F-117 Stealth Bomber; we all know what that looks like!

Think about it; more importantly I would recommend looking carefully at pilot reports of major incidents. There is no way that these are attributable to black military craft.

These disks appear,then disappear,they are reported by Pilots,they are chased by Military Aircraft,but never caught as they are too fast,so I guess they must exist,they have not attacked,so they must be considered "friendly",so whats the next step ?..Try to contact,or just ignore..If they are ex-planetary do they use radio or another form of communication unknown to us ?..If they are a new type of earthly aircraft why dont the owners come clean,if not why dont Govt's admit they exist ?and where is their Base ?

These disks appear,then disappear,they are reported by Pilots,they are chased by Military Aircraft,but never caught as they are too fast,so I guess they must exist,they have not attacked,so they must be considered "friendly",so whats the next step ?..Try to contact,or just ignore..If they are ex-planetary do they use radio or another form of communication unknown to us ?..If they are a new type of earthly aircraft why dont the owners come clean,if not why dont Govt's admit they exist ?and where is their Base ?

Some good questions and exactly the sort we should be asking imho. Just one point to make regarding your question regarding radio communication. According to several pilot reports (military also), the issue is far more complicated than this; according to pilots and ground controllers when attempts have been made to out manoeuvre the craft they appear to anticipate the moves in advance; pilots have been quoted as saying "it's as though they could read my mind".

Sorry to complicate matters :blush:

• Like 1

Just like you say there is no evidence for the existence of non-terrestrial craft, others say there is no evidence for the existence of exotic black military craft. You are just substituting one mystery for another and that doesn't work. Please don't point to the F-117 Stealth Bomber; we all know what that looks like!

Think about it; more importantly I would recommend looking carefully at pilot reports of major incidents. There is no way that these are attributable to black military craft.

I'm speaking from first hand knowledge that military black projects are a major cause for a lot of UFO reports. I believe you missed the point of my post you replied to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...