Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

$2000 reward offered for catching vampires

Still Waters

Indian politicians are offering a $2000 reward for the capture of vampires which terrified locals claim have been sucking the blood out of their cattle.

Villagers around the town of Dharampuri in Tamil Nadu have been staying off the streets after sunset following the reports of strange goings on in the night.

Residents have painted holy signs outside their homes and written messages on doors begging the monsters, known locally as Ratha Kaatteri, to spare their lives.

arrow3.gifRead more...

very interesting story, I think the government officials are on the right track with regards to it being criminals trying to cover something up (will we see the Mystery Machine show up in India so them meddling kids can unmask another 'monster'?)

Thinking I've just discovered my next career after I finish my last few weeks here with the D.O.D. I'm going to become a real life Van Helsing! lol Hire a tactically trained team and go around the world ridding it of the things that go bump in the night. Best part of it is, all we would really have to do is set up Video camera's everywhere and like magic, it would ALL stop! :rofl:;) Unfortunately, $2,000 would only pay for 30 mins flight time in the Falcon 900 jet we'd rent to fly us everywhere lol

This is seriously one of the coolest stories ever.

The smugglers of Romney Marsh S England used this scam, only it was ghosts ,to scare the locals a night. Ghostly horse drawn cart laden with French rum. Nothing new

Hope this doesn't cause problems of people killing their hated neighbor, stating they were a vampire and expecting money for doing it. :hmm:

WOW! I can't believe this story. It amazes me that people are still so gullible to believe in superstition and obvious, fictional creatures.

WOW! I can't believe this story. It amazes me that people are still so gullible to believe in superstition and obvious, fictional creatures.

My thoughts exactly! Like I said, I'm going to take this up as a career here in a few months when I'm done with the military and go rid the world of imaginary ghouls and goblins lol The pay will have to be a lot better than $2,000 though. That only pays for 30 minutes of flight time to get there, that's not including my wages, teams wages, and the video equipment lol. Since we all know video camera's will solve this issue asap. Seems when you setup a camera all scaries manage to disappear. :yes:

I'll send Cheney and Bush to them for free if they promise to keep them away fro nice people.

My thoughts exactly! Like I said, I'm going to take this up as a career here in a few months when I'm done with the military and go rid the world of imaginary ghouls and goblins lol The pay will have to be a lot better than $2,000 though. That only pays for 30 minutes of flight time to get there, that's not including my wages, teams wages, and the video equipment lol. Since we all know video camera's will solve this issue asap. Seems when you setup a camera all scaries manage to disappear. :yes:

I'll send Cheney and Bush to them for free if they promise to keep them away fro nice people.

Would be much more beneficial to send Obama and his minions. He could continue to perpetuate the lie of the Vampires and campaign to the villagers that there WILL BE CHANGE while slowly establishing himself as their dictator and bleeding them dry of every bit of cash he could!

• Like 1

HA that is great. Trying to find a genuine vampire there would be like trying to get a really good beef curry in India. :w00t:

OMG call scooby doo and the rest of Mystery inc, my money is on it being politician O. Jayaraman, and he would of gotten away with it too LMAO

Wonder how long it will take them to realize that there aren't Any such things as vampires, just trendy, disillusioned goth kids, and the odd wacko that likes to drink blood?

They should check the mental institutions, find all the weirdos claiming to be lycans and get themselves a bundle deal.

I smell a witch hunt coming on for those who would take this seriously.

Thinking I've just discovered my next career after I finish my last few weeks here with the D.O.D. I'm going to become a real life Van Helsing! lol Hire a tactically trained team and go around the world ridding it of the things that go bump in the night. Best part of it is, all we would really have to do is set up Video camera's everywhere and like magic, it would ALL stop! :rofl:;) Unfortunately, $2,000 would only pay for 30 mins flight time in the Falcon 900 jet we'd rent to fly us everywhere lol

This has the makings of a reality TV show, "Finding vampires", all over it. "This street is pretty vampy. I think I heard a vampy noise over that way. Let's leave Ranae here and see what happens." Picture Bobo with wooden stakes, a mallet and lots of garlic.

One season alone should allow you to buy that Falcon900.

Edited by DieChecker

And $2000 dollars is really not enough to get anyone except the already criminally intended to go looking. If I thought vampires were real and they roamed by town at night, it would take a lot more then $2000 dollars to get me to go out and look around. Maybe they should offer $100,000 for a real vampire and $2000 each for the thugs/drug dealers/burglers that are pushing the rumor/story.

This has the makings of a reality TV show, "Finding vampires", all over it. "This street is pretty vampy. I think I heard a vampy noise over that way. Let's leave Ranae here and see what happens." Picture Bobo with wooden stakes, a mallet and lots of garlic.

One season alone should allow you to buy that Falcon900.

lol!!!! That was hilarious! Thank you, needed a laugh.

what amazes me is that no one caught the farmers complaining about the bloodless cows...did anyone besides me happen to look up recent ufo activity by chance :wacko:

in less than thirty seconds i found six sightings in that area over the past few weeks...

i mean, do people in india know about this connection or what? i am also interested in the 'strange beings' some say they saw roaming around....