Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

James Randi on cold fusion and Carl Sagan

Saru

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamesBe1

• Saru

• itsnotoutthere

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to have some respect for James Randi from when he was debunking magic tricks. But after watching this lame shilling attempt, I don't any more.

Some day, I think his opinion on this topic will be looked back at with a humorous chuckle, and relegated to the trashbin of history.

I used to have some respect for James Randi from when he was debunking magic tricks. But after watching this lame shilling attempt, I don't any more.

Some day, I think his opinion on this topic will be looked back at with a humorous chuckle, and relegated to the trashbin of history.

I suspect you never actually watched the vid. as he speaks perfect sense throughout. No doubt he will as you say be relegated to the trash bin of history, but only by the very people (scammers) he exposes.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

I suspect you never actually watched the vid. as he speaks perfect sense throughout. No doubt he will as you say be relegated to the trash bin of history, but only by the very people (scammers) he exposes.

No, I watched the entire video from beginning to end. I even watched a couple of selected portions more than once.

James Randi has exposed numerous hoaxers and scammers over the years, no doubt about that. It's just that, on this point, he is absolutely flat out wrong. The history of cold fusion is full of suppression and naysayers. But the evidence (if you care to research it yourself) has pretty much moved from being highly probable, to being almost an absolute certainty (I paraphrase Eugene Mallove there).