Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Horses to be killed for meat in U.S. due to

Still Waters

We ride on horses.I cannot see it being popular ,given we do not even like venison or sweet meats that much.

We also do not breed horses for food,or have farms for horse meat.

This has NEVER been done in the USA before.

Ever. So i don't see anyone jumping on the horse meat band wagon,and most of us find it barbaric.

Chickens and cows and pigs,have been farmed for food,for centuries.

In India cows are not eaten but revered, in Asia dogs and cats are eaten, and in most tribal areas whatever can be eaten is eaten. Horses have been used for something as petty as glue in the US but we draw the line at eating them? LOL

The poor cows get a bad rep in the US for being stupid and lacking nobility. I think that Hindu's would disagree. Cows are funny and have lots of personality. So do chickens. Weird as it may seem, they can be affectionate like any pet, too.

Horses can be viewed as just as stupid as any other animal, the nobility of them is an illusion of their appearance and of the training they are commonly given. It's a glossed over idea you happen to have about the animal. Same as people in India have about cows, I mean they see them as GODS, but here in the US we'll throw on on the grill every day of the week if we can. People can make friends with any kind of animal that's tameable, horses, cows, chickens, pigs, monkeys, cats, dogs, squirrels and a person's own experiences will lead them to be comfortable eating that animal or not eating that animal.

It's ridiculous to suggest one animal deserves more respect than another, all life has the same value whether YOU appreciate that form of life or not.

No one should be up in arms over eating horses if they're ok with eating any other kind of meat. Meat is meat, animals are animals. Period.

Edited by karmakazi

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paracelse

• Bavarian Raven

• Still Waters

• Simbi Laveau

cows aren't gross or stupid. They are sensative creatures that are being cruelly treated and over exploited

It's a well known fact that cows would be ruling this planet if we didn't keep them in check by eating their tasty, tasty meat.yes.gif

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

I agree that horses are a completely different class of animal than the standard bred and fed stock, and again it is closer to slaughtering dogs as these are animals that humans do develop relationships with. But the truth of the nature is they are animals, just as we are, and as omnivores we eat other animals just like animals do. This is an intersting topic as it had me contemplating vegetarianism for a moment, but I'm sorry as in the reality of energy transfer pretty much everything eats everything.

Do you suppose we would ever come across a sentient species of flora if we were able to see through the galaxies? Who nows what dynamics that would require.

Edited by joenhaggrity

The horse is a Noble Beast! Not to be chewed, imo.

Until you taste it and then you want more

Paracelse darn you now I'm so hungry I could eat a horse...

We are fighting this.If you haven't gathered,I do animal rights stuff.

Anyone who eats horse meat,is a horses .......yeah.

This is again,one of obamas bright ideas to fight alleged food shortages.He signed all the bills,making it possible.

Like the wild horse slaughter just for fun,isn't enough.You can bet he and his family won't be eating horse meat any time soon.

No one even applied to be a horse slaughter house,until this MORON.

This country is seriously sick,is all I can say.

I am with you... where can I sign a petition? Horses are beautiful animals and are not needed for food. What food shortage? PM me.

nothing wrong with eating horse meat. no different then eating cows or chicken or the such.

Agreed. Meat is meat. If you were starving, I dont think a person would pass it up.

The horse is a Noble Beast! Not to be chewed, imo.

We really need to 'Eat The Rich'. Still a great song by Aerosmith.... classic. Leave the horses alone! What is wrong with people? *shakes head*

Until you taste it and then you want more

You're wrong, Para.. I already ate some. (School trip to St Malo when I was 15. Teacher never told us until after lunch we had just eaten horse. Then he tried to make us eat snails, fgs. lol)

Tasted quite nice but...... it's a horse.

Horses, dogs and the odd cat can be heroes. No eaty heroes.

It all boils down to personal feelings. I eat meat but there's no way I would eat horse, deer is another one I couldn't touch. We've had discussions like this before, it's an individual preference, plus we're not all used to eating the same kind of foods. What might be the norm to some would turn the stomach for others.

It all boils down to personal feelings. I eat meat but there's no way I would eat horse, deer is another one I couldn't touch. We've had discussions like this before, it's an individual preference, plus we're not all used to eating the same kind of foods. What might be the norm to some would turn the stomach for others.

True but I will taste anything then I will decide if I'll eat more or not.

That's where we differ......I won't.

Would you eat some human-flesh... just to try?

Nor do we have the right to dictate to others what they can and cannot eat. But hey it's easy for the US to tell others what to do; that's what we're all about. :tu:

Mexican people have to eat different food.horse is the most beautiful mammal.so that can they tell us that what kind of food shortage in the Mexican.every type of food is available in the Mexican.so they have to try different food.