Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has anyone seen something weird?

Jean8282

I've had sleep paralysis happen to me several times, mostly as a teen, when I was about 15.

I had the most aweful hallucinations when it happened too, and I couldn't move at all. Felt like I was in a waking dream, and I could swear some old hag was coming in to kill me...not being able to move or call out made it so scary.

A repost from one of my old posts :

Something I experienced a few years ago that scared me and kept me spooked for weeks was a very creepy sound in my back yard. It had been raining all day and my dog was cooped up in the house because he's an old chickenshit. Finally, at the final moments of dusk it had stopped raining and he was brave enough to prance out the door for a pee. No sooner did he go out the door than he ran back to it with his tail between his legs whining. Now my dog is a black lag / shephard mix and at the time was about 8 years old and loved to take off into the woods. He's had porcupine needles in his face, skunk sprayed and even barked at the coyotes and wolves in my area, so it rather surprised me that he ran back in so fast. I decided to go out to take a look, thinking someone was sneaking around and hit him hard or something similar.

What I heard made my neck hairs stand on end.In the bushes 50 feet from my back door I heard what sounded like the velociraptors off of Jurassic Park. Not the squeals but the sort of throat noises they made. And it was very clear, and very creepy. Along with that something was rummaging in the bushes. I went back in and tried to put my 2 cats out, they ran back in scared stiff and my dog refused to leave my side. Suffice to say I listened while my bravery could hold out, but it was just too damned creepy. Remind you, Im in the mililtary and have been up against some pretty rough things (such as picking up the Swissair 911 airplane disaster, watching a guy shoot heroin and getting an air bubble in his blood)

The next morning my older brother came over, he's a woodsman and lives like a wildman. One of the toughest SoB's I know (literally, he's shizophrenic [not too bad, just doesnt like police nor large crowds] and works in the woods and digging clams and fishingfor a living in some of the worst weather known). He's also not prone to lying (hell, because the way he is I dont think he knows how). We went outside to take a look in the bushes where the noises were coming from. In the bushes was a dead crow mostly eaten (feathers everywhere, bloody clumps of body here and there) and small footprints of a deer in the mud. But the footprints looked exactly like it was walking on 2 legs. If you look at any 4 legged animal whether it's running or walking, when it leaves prints in mud or snow there are 2 close on 1 side and 2 far apart on the other. A biped will have evenly spaced footprints. These footprints were identically spaced and were a bit smaller than a baseball in size.

Now, I mentioned that my brother hardly lies. When he saw these footprints he said "Holy ****" a few times, and "No way" over and over. We followed them until they were lost, the whole time my brother muttering. I asked him what he was going on about and after a bit of cajoling he finally told me this :

He was out smoking up one evening at his place and decided to go to a friend's place. He had to drive over a dirt road that connected his place and his friends (road is used often enough but just not paved). He was getting to the other side when something jumped out in front of his car, he turned on his high beams and almost crapped his pants. He thought that he was hallucinating because he saw a little man-deer about 3 feet tall, with huge eyes, 2 little nubs on his head and 2 short arms. The thing looked at him with it's huge eyes for a minute than leapt off the road. He started back up and drove to his friends.

He told me that I was the 1st person to ever hear that story from him because he thought that the weed he was tooting caused it, but being a college bred type I educated him that although weed will seem to alter time, it won't make you hallucinate with any real quality. (I went to college and wasted 2 years of my life before entering the miltary, the courses being addictions counselling).

This flagged a memory from an even longer time ago that my twin brother had told me. Being the sceptic that I always was I scoffed and laughed at him at the time (was about 17 years old). I urged my older brother to come with me and we went over to my twin brothers place. He was there with his girlfriend's brother cleaning his yard up (or something of the sort). I got my older brother to tell him the story and my twin looked at me and said "See, Im telling the TRUTH about what I saw that day".

What he saw happened like this :

He was working on a wilderness trail doing maintenance (this trail is about 5-6kiliometers away from where the other sighting happened) with a co-worker of his when they heard a garbage can get knocked down near the outhouses. They went over and fixed it, thinking it was the usual racoons, never gave it another thought. They went back to work when it happened again. They fixed it again and then took their lunch break. They were going back to work when his co-worker Brendan told him to get over here and take a look "a baby deer!". They were sneaking up on the thing when it looked at them, stared for a minute while they got closer, then it jumped into the track, made a sound and jumped away. They took off after it but it was too fast.

For years my brother though it was some deformed deer that learned to walk on it's hind legs (like that 2 legged dog) but the eyes always bugged him because they were big.

As he got done the story and they were comparing memories, his buddy said that he once saw it also on the wilderness trail area. I can't remember exactly but they all saw the exact same thing. About 3 feet tall (7-10 year old little boy height) with stubby arms, legs/feet like a deer, very large eyes (golf ball size) and little horns on it's head. To be honest it reminds me a bit of Pan.

I found a few other people that worked the trails before as well as his old coworker Brendan. Out of the 4 people I talked to, Brendan saw it (he was with my brother), another fellow said he saw it and without prompting gave me a description of it which marked what the others said, a 3rd person heard wierd things out there and a 4th never saw nor heard anything (or refused to talk about it)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sakari

• keninsc

• Jean8282

• DieChecker

@ Nightpath,

My first thought was wallaby. Not that that helps much living in Canada. :no: Or explains the hooves :P

Edited by QuiteContrary

@ Nightpath,

My first thought was wallaby. Not that that helps much living in Canada. :no: Or explains the hooves :P

http://www.w-files.com/files/Kangaroos/KanagroosHomePage.htm

http://www.unexplainedresearch.com/in_the_news/kangaroo.html

Swamp wallaby tracks

:tu:

Edit to add RE: Canada specifically:

http://www.saunderscountry.com/wendellupdates.htm

And

http://www.examiner.com/article/kangaroos-japan-mystify-residents

6th paragraph down.

Edited by Oniomancer

Pretty interesting, but when I look at the footprints compared to the ones I saw they arent the same.

I am new here and was wondering what kind of weird things have happened to you.

The weirdest thing that has ever happened to me was when I was a kid, about 9 or 10. I lived in the country in a trailer house. My father was shooting off firewords which scared my dog who was some kind of shepard mix. She was chained up in the back of our trailer where there was two acres of our land that was basically just like a forest, Trees and vines were everywhere and it was pretty thick. Me being a kid felt sorry for her and got into her dog house with her. I was small enough that I could wiggle my way into the back of it, so that was where I was. Eventually my dad went inside and I was getting ready to get out when the back of the dog house lifted up. The dog house, by the way, had a layer of red bricks on the bottom that my father had put there so it would not blow away plus a large dog and a kid. So my point is that the dog house was pretty heavy. My dog started freaking out and struggling to stay in, after a couple seconds I quit trying to push her out because I got scared. I had thought that it was my dad trying to get me out but my dog was, like i said, freaking out so i figured that i should just sit still. So I sat there for about 2 minutes all the while the back of this dog house is being lifted up almost vertically into the air. It then was dropped, hard, back onto the ground. I waited in terror for a couple seconds and then booked it inside. When I went in my father was sitting on the couch watching tv. My father often messed with me but even he could not have made it in fast enough to be on the couch because from the time the dog house was put down to the time I was inside was about 15 to 20 seconds. When I asked him about it he said that it wasnt him. And me knowing my father kept pestering him about it and eventually he got mad and said that he did not do it and to leave him alone about it. Needless to say I never got into the dog house again. To this day I wish I would have gotten out to see what it was that was lifting it. I dont have any idea what it could have been. It could have been something as simple as some guy wanting to hurt me or my dog to something like bigfoot. I soooo hate myself for not even looking to see what it was.

So does any one have something weird like that they want to share?

The weirdest thing that happened to me, ahh christ ive no idea where to start.

some of the weirdest stuff that has happened to me was, like the day before St Paddy's day, I had a bit of an accident where I ripped most of the ligaments in my left ankle and nearly cracked my skull,. no I was not drunk [for once]. Anyway a second before I fell, it felt like time had slowed down and I said to myself "Oh S**T, im so fracked right now", then I fell and black out.

Some other weird crap have been my lucid dreams over the last god knwos how many years, god they freak me out even to this day. There so bloody real, I mean its at the point where Im feeling pain, water, tree's all this stuf lol.