Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Television for dogs launches in the US

Still Waters

Television bosses are calling DOGTV a new breed of programming - an on-demand cable TV channel designed to keep your dog relaxed, stimulated and entertained while you are at work.

Two months after it debuted on local networks in California, the canine cable channel has now launched online and is headed for national distribution, according to the channel's executives.

Known as DOGTV, the channel "offers a promise to our beloved best friends that they should never again feel alone."

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mfrmboy

• Beastly Decimal

• EnderOTD

• Kryso

I didn't really believe this 2012 stuff at first, but in light of this new development, I think it would be for the best...

well, maybe this will keep the dog from tearing everything up in the house.

Great idea ! There have been dvd's out for awhile.

My parrot has a dvd like this FOR PARROTS OF COURSE and he loves it!!

It keeps him occupied and teaches him.

Depending on the dog....I have had dogs who watch tv and dogs who pay it no attention what so ever.

Depending on the programming. I only see it as a babysitter because dogs learn from repeated training not by watching.

Beastly, I just LOL'd seriously!

I think it's a good idea, but I see your point.

I want a channel for cats, since I have one kitty who would probably like some entertainment during the day.

:)

Before people dismiss this as idiocy, its worked for two of my dogs, something about the sound of voices prevented them from tearing up shoes and furniture, although I just used the radio.

Before people dismiss this as idiocy, its worked for two of my dogs, something about the sound of voices prevented them from tearing up shoes and furniture, although I just used the radio.

I don't want to say "only in America," but I feel I have to, lol.

I don't want to say "only in America," but I feel I have to, lol.

Oh man! I wish I had thought of it first :lol:

Man, now we're turning our dog's into pansies! Separation anxiety? Really? We have already destroyed entire generations of children with the ninny hand holding, gotta wipe your bottom til you're 21 train of thought, which has decreased strength, will power, independence, work ethics etc etc. Now we're doing it to our Dogs... Brother!

Bill Murray's character, Frank Cross, came up with this idea in the 1988 movie Scrooged! LMAO. I suppose whoever actually brought this idea to life thought that we forgot!

I thought dogs couldn't see most colors,or very well in 2D?

Dunno.

I mean tv for people here is soooooooo dumb now,this might be something better for even people to watch,rather than crap reality or the 578th episode of the apprentice.

Seriously.I watch the channels that show old black and white movies and tv shows,as everything else is 90% crap.

Law and Order is just about gone.

The only things I watch on PIX is gossip girl and supernatural.

And I watch ncis,and the Simpsons.

The rest is American idol,wives this wives that,bad rehash.

I will check this out for myself.It might be more interesting that anything on ABC .

An abstraction for dogs is a good idea..... Many dogs have issues.

Separation anxiety is a real thing.

Many people come home to the house being torn up.

Furniture destroyed, pillows chewed up, trash everywhere.

The poor dog has to go all day without using the bathroom. Could you do that?

So it goes on the floor.

Then some of the dumb owners beat the dog when it's their own fault for not giving the dog some kind of outlet.

You are the leader of their pack and when you leave you are deserting them..........

post-31684-0-19108400-1334947432_thumb.j

post-31684-0-18661000-1334947441_thumb.j

post-31684-0-67044600-1334947467_thumb.j

post-31684-0-13336200-1334947482_thumb.j

Tv for dogs??? Whats next... Fish network?? Lol human beings smh...

This is going to be unhealthy for your dog.

Dogs need exercize, space to run around and play. They need to go for walks frequently. Not parked infront of a TV screen getting overweight.

It's been said before, and I'll say it agin: Only in America.

This is going to be unhealthy for your dog.

Dogs need exercize, space to run around and play. They need to go for walks frequently. Not parked infront of a TV screen getting overweight.

It's been said before, and I'll say it agin: Only in America.

Obese dogs on the settee with the remote control...sigh.

I don't know about "only in America" though. There is an Advertisement showing in the British Isles designed to get your dogs attention, haven't seen it yet, but apparently there is a high-pitched sound only descernable by dogs to attract their attention. I think it's for dog food or some such thing..:huh: