Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Last Prophet

Eldorado

OK... I meant Official Prophet. Accepted by the main Jewish and/or Christian Churches as speaking on God's behalf. There's a whole raft in the Bible... then nothing, as far as I know.

Has God given up on us?

Prophets are usually killed first, admired later. Martin Luther Kind, Morther Theresa could perhaps be called prophetic, then there is Dorthy Day.

doug

Has God given up on us?

The Holy Spirit is always with us, for all of us. The Holy Spirit is always available, as in direct contact.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

i recently saw a man on TV named T.B Joshua a pastor at SCOAN in Lagos Nigeria that is a man of God and has also told of things that have came true.

You can check him out on You Tube

God will never give up on us and he will hear you when you call if you are living in the way of him you will never be forgotten you are his child and he loves all his children.

• Like 1

Jesus son of god and the last prophet, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Mohammed hadn't read John 14:6

I have gone to the father without him! :tu:

i recently saw a man on TV named T.B Joshua a pastor at SCOAN in Lagos Nigeria that is a man of God and has also told of things that have came true.

You can check him out on You Tube

I've spoken of things that have come true. Give me your money instead.
  • Like 2

Somebody mentioned Martin Luther King. I think he is a good choice.

OK... I meant Official Prophet. Accepted by the main Jewish and/or Christian Churches as speaking on God's behalf. There's a whole raft in the Bible... then nothing, as far as I know.

Has God given up on us?

Interesting. That was the same question people were asking when John the Baptist entered his commission.

• Like 1

Why has there been no "Prophets" in the Judeo Christian world since Biblical times? Or has there?

(apologies if it's a dumb question)

The first prophet was Samuel, whom interacted with and anointed Israel's first two kings. Prophets tended to minister to the king to explain to him what God's will was. When Jerusalem was destroyed, there ceased to be prophets until the exile was over. At that time Zerubabbel was commissioned as governor of Judea. And prophets emerged again preaching the reconstruction of the temple.

After the temple was completed, the Jews were quickly exiled from authority by a Persian general after the high priest's brother murdered him in the temple. From that point on until Jesus came, there ceased to be prophets, and it follows the God-anointed kingship of Jerusalem.

So it is evident that there is a connection between kings of Israel an prophets. The moshiac (messiah) is anointed by God through a prophet. THUS, the Hasmoneans were never legitimate kings because they were never anointed by a prophet.

Not surpisingly, a prophet didn't show up until Jesus came into the world. When John the Baptist began preaching, the Jews anticipates that the Messiah would be anointed by him. John the Baptist ended his commission AFTER anointing Jesus as moshiac.

Jesus continues to rule to this day and His Spirit is with the Church to reveal His will. Prophets aren't foretold to come until the two witnesses begin their testimony in sackcloth (Revelation) to rebuild the temple. The two witnesses are a quote from Zechariah 4, regarding the anointment of a priest and king to rebuild the temple.

It is important to determine whether or not the temple in Revelation 11 is talking about the Church or a literal building. From there, we can determine when prophecy will return.

• Like 2

Acts 2:17 "'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.

I have been hearing we are in the last days for a long time now...

• Like 1

Acts 2:17 "'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.

I have been hearing we are in the last days for a long time now...

The last days refers to the last days of the Jewish nation under the old covenant. Jeremiah prophecied that God would make a new covenant with His people. That new covenant was made and confirmed by Jesus. Shortly after, the Holy Spirit was poured out on the disciples and that inspired Peter to quote Joel chapter 2. The disciples would then preach the Gospel to all nations to which they were scattered, and their disciples recieved the anointing of the Holy Spirit.

After that, the end of the Jewish nation, its temple, and its priesthood came at the hands of the Romans. And for over 2,000 years, the Jewish people were considered as appaling as Jerusalem's local land fill (which was called Gahenna, or hell.)

To this day, the old covenant has still not been restored.

Just before Rome went to war with Judea, the Church entered great tribulation at the hands of the Roman Emperor Nero. This period is called both the Times of the Gentiles and the Great Tribulation (which occurs during that time.)

As Paul said, God has not forgotten His people. Paul looked forward to their restoration, but under the new covenant, not the old.

So yes, the last days have been happening since the day Jesus first came. To the Jews first, then the Gentiles.

• Like 3

I've spoken of things that have come true. Give me your money instead.

Let me see give my money to you are a prophet of GOD??? I would give it to a man of god before i would give it to anyone that proclaims to get their information from anyone else

Edited by heatherb35601

Let me see give my money to you are a prophet of GOD??? I would give it to a man of god before i would give it to anyone that proclaims to get their information from anyone else

Yes, yes I am. God told me that you will be greatly blessed if you give me your money. You don't want to upset God now?

Anyone else reading this should do the same. lol.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 1

Yes, yes I am. God told me that you will be greatly blessed if you give me your money. You don't want to upset God now?

Anyone else reading this should do the same. lol.

No! You are a false prophet! I am the real prophet! Send your money to ME and you shall have.... holy things...

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 1

Um prophets usually get cast out as heretics and end up founding a new religion or end up in the looney bin. Heck you read my posts about the whole God free-will the bible is wrong and most of the religions are wrong I could be...... now send me some cash so I can tell God you are good to go and on his side.

Edited by Jinxdom

Ellen G White is recognised as a prophet by Seventh Day Adventist Christians, a fairly small but widespread religion with considerable interests in publishing, health and education.

She is an unusual case, and probably not well known outside that church. In her words prophecy is a gift from god. Its truth is determined by how it meets biblical standards. If it is in line with biblical truths it is genuine prophecy. If not then it must be questioned. Ie. prophecy can neither add to, nor take away from, the fundamental truths of the bible.

During her lifetime Ellen White wrote more than 5,000 periodical articles, 40 books, and reported over 2000 visual/aural paranormal experiences, most of which she was convinced were communications with supernatural entities including various angels and sometimes Jesus. Today over 100 titles are available in English, including compilations from her 50,000 manuscript pages.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellen_G._White

• Like 1