Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bizarre Experience. What do you think?

Itsumade

Hi, everybody. This is my first post, but I hope to become more active in this forum, because I've always been fascinated by the paranormal. What motivated me to create an account and post here is an experience a friend of mine just had last night, and I'm not sure what to make of it.

I'll call him "Will". Will has been living in his current apartment for 3 weeks. There haven't been any issues except for his roommate having migraines. Last night at around 3am, Will went out to his car to get something. He left his apartment door open because his car was "literally right next to the door" and he was only going to be outside 1 minute tops. When he got what he needed, he turned and saw a car in front of his apartment. There was a woman who "looked like an addict" (very unkempt and crazy looking) sitting in the passenger seat with the passenger side door open. She was staring at him. As he walked back inside, the woman yelled something incomprehensible.

As soon as he was back inside his apartment, he noticed a small keychain light in a plastic baggie sitting on his counter. This item belongs to neither him nor his roommate, and it certainly was not there a minute ago, before he went outside. They also do not own any Ziploc baggies that look like that one the light was in. The light had the name of a company that makes toner refills on it, RechargeX. There were small holes and tears in the upper corner of the plastic baggie. When he was fiddling with the light inside the bag, he noticed that the beam created a pattern on the wall. When he positioned the light to shine through the holes and held it very close to the wall, he said that it formed an almost perfect image of an eye, with an iris and everything. He told me he was so scared that he almost cried and could not sleep at all.

The "logical" explanation he first came up with was that the crazy woman had run into his open apartment and put this light in a bag on his counter for some reason. But this is hardly logical, because she would have had to do so in under a minute without him or his roommate noticing, and why the hell would anyone do this, anyway? I can't say if this woman and the light are connected or not. He said that the car with the woman drove down a few houses and repeatedly beeped its horn for several minutes. It's possible she was looking for someone, but got the wrong house first.

Still, what's with this light in a bag with an eyeball shaped design ripped into it?

Interesting note about RechargeX: the founder has the same name as the main character from Ayn Rand's Atlus Shrugged.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Itsumade

• Sakari

• vitruvian12

• KNash

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, everybody. This is my first post, but I hope to become more active in this forum, because I've always been fascinated by the paranormal. What motivated me to create an account and post here is an experience a friend of mine just had last night, and I'm not sure what to make of it.

I'll call him "Will". Will has been living in his current apartment for 3 weeks. There haven't been any issues except for his roommate having migraines. Last night at around 3am, Will went out to his car to get something. He left his apartment door open because his car was "literally right next to the door" and he was only going to be outside 1 minute tops. When he got what he needed, he turned and saw a car in front of his apartment. There was a woman who "looked like an addict" (very unkempt and crazy looking) sitting in the passenger seat with the passenger side door open. She was staring at him. As he walked back inside, the woman yelled something incomprehensible.

As soon as he was back inside his apartment, he noticed a small keychain light in a plastic baggie sitting on his counter. This item belongs to neither him nor his roommate, and it certainly was not there a minute ago, before he went outside. They also do not own any Ziploc baggies that look like that one the light was in. The light had the name of a company that makes toner refills on it, RechargeX. There were small holes and tears in the upper corner of the plastic baggie. When he was fiddling with the light inside the bag, he noticed that the beam created a pattern on the wall. When he positioned the light to shine through the holes and held it very close to the wall, he said that it formed an almost perfect image of an eye, with an iris and everything. He told me he was so scared that he almost cried and could not sleep at all.

The "logical" explanation he first came up with was that the crazy woman had run into his open apartment and put this light in a bag on his counter for some reason. But this is hardly logical, because she would have had to do so in under a minute without him or his roommate noticing, and why the hell would anyone do this, anyway? I can't say if this woman and the light are connected or not. He said that the car with the woman drove down a few houses and repeatedly beeped its horn for several minutes. It's possible she was looking for someone, but got the wrong house first.

Still, what's with this light in a bag with an eyeball shaped design ripped into it?

Interesting note about RechargeX: the founder has the same name as the main character from Ayn Rand's Atlus Shrugged.

Here it comes........

Post a picture of this light, and of the light from it on a wall, or white piece of paper.......Until then, I have nothing.

This?

LEDFlashlight01.gif

.99 cents each :)

Still want to see the eye on the wall.....

Edited by Sakari

He's going to try and take a picture of the actual image of the eye when his roommate comes home tonight. This is a picture of the light in the bag. https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/405041_10150965318417796_509592795_13183186_154006676_n.jpg

The price of the light or how common it is is irrelevant; what's the explanation for how and why it got there?

The price of the light or how common it is is irrelevant; what's the explanation for how and why it got there?

I have not decided yet......

Does your room mate have a printer, or you, and what kind?

I have a printer. I would guess that he does, too, but I'm not sure--I don't live with him. I have just a basic Canon inkjet printer. Why do you ask?

I have a printer. I would guess that he does, too, but I'm not sure--I don't live with him. I have just a basic Canon inkjet printer. Why do you ask?

Here is where I hope you honestly want to solve this........

Does your friend refill his / her ink cartridges?.....Or does his / her room mate do this?.......Or have they tried recently?

Edited by Sakari

Here is where I hope you honestly want to solve this........

Does your friend refill his / her ink cartridges?.....Or does his / her room mate do this?.......Or have they tried recently?

No. I feel like you're trolling me now. This does not address how this foreign object suddenly appeared as it did, in the state that it did.

I don't know what to make about the "addict" looking woman or the light in the bag but as for the eye shape ripped out of the bag, perhaps it's a case of top-down processing. Top-down processing is how an object is perceived and interpreted in relation to past experiences. Example, seeing the face of Jesus on a piece of burnt toast because the brain is looking for recognizable patterns in abstract things. It's an automatic process so you don't have to try to do it.

Not sure if that helped at all but that could explain one part of your story.

Would it be possible to take a picture of the light shining through the eye shape onto the wall?

No. I feel like you're trolling me now. This does not address how this foreign object suddenly appeared as it did, in the state that it did.

Trolling you?

Uhm, no.....RechargeX is a toner product, it is used to re-fill ink cartridges......Hence why i asked that.

I was trying to help you.

When someone gets defensive like that, that is a red flag........

Just because he didnt notice it being on the counter doesnt mean it wasnt. It may have been there already. Did he ask his room mate if it was his or just assume it wasnt? Have you considered the fact that the room mate is trying to prank him? Or that Will is pranking you because he knows of your interest in these things?

I do have a suspician that this "eye" shape only vaguely resembles an eye and he's just seeing something that isn't there, as Knash suggested. However, he was genuinely afraid when he saw it, to the point of bursting into tears. His roommate agrees that it looks like an eye with the same conviction. Will told me he would take a picture of it last night when his roommate got home, because he says he needs a second person to take the picture while he holds the light properly. However, when his roommate got home, he refused to take the picture. He said it would be "disrespectful" to whoever / whatever put the thing there. I don't understand his thinking, but he believes it's a "good" thing, like a spirit or some such saying hello. Well, this prompted the two of them to get into a fight and I just decided to leave the issue alone for a bit. I'm going to ask him to try and take a picture by himself. Surely he can do it if he tries hard enough.

That said, this light does not belong to either of them and they have never seen it before. They have never heard of that company name, either. And, as I said, they don't have those ziploc baggies in their house. I don't believe Will is lying about this incident. He has had paranormal experiences before that he talks about in earnest, though nothing quite like this. He was almost frantic when telling me this story.

• 2 weeks later...