Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
ColoradoParanormal

Man builds full scale 737 simulator in Garage

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This guy built a full scale and working boeing 737 flight simulator in his garage! I want to know how much it'd take to build this in my house? :yes:

For most people who are into flight simulators, the desktop computer variety are usually enough to get the job done. If you're more ambitious though, you might build a full-sized flight simulator in your garage out of the actual cockpit of a real 1969 Boeing 737. James Price did, and it only took him a little more than a decade. Who doesn't have a decade to spare, right?

Price has been working at his hobby since 2000, or "since the beginning of the millenium" if a decade doesn't seem epic enough for you. On top of getting his hands on a real cockpit and moving that sucker into his garage, Price took a hands-on approach to the software side too, writing all the simulation software himself. Being a private pilot and air traffic controller probably helped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUJYG9Kk2bE

Edited by ColoradoParanormal

I wonder if he got the cockpit from that boneyard place in AZ. At least I think that's where it is...

I wonder if he got the cockpit from that boneyard place in AZ. At least I think that's where it is...

I think you're right it's in AZ. I've always wanted to go see that place. Something surreal and visceral stirs when I have viewed pictures of that place.