Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Drone use takes off on home front

Farmer77

With little public attention, dozens of universities and law-enforcement agencies have been given approval by federal aviation regulators to use unmanned aircraft known as drones, according to documents obtained via Freedom of Information Act requests by an advocacy group.

My link

Yep America is screwed,please tell me im not the only one who will shoot these down if I see them!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SolarPlexus

• lightly

• Rafterman

• The Silver Thong

Top Posters In This Topic

My link

Yep America is screwed,please tell me im not the only one who will shoot these down if I see them!

You have to wait until they are moving away. Quite an opportunity for sport, I'd say. Much better than dove or even ducks. I expect you'd have to use rifles almost exclusively, say 223 or heavier and you'd need good optics. :rofl::w00t: :w00t:

Drones, FEMA camps, surveillance, SOPA, CISPA, you can't dance near monuments... This will be fun to watch. What are they preparing for??

I think you should have to have a search warrant to use one of these things to spy on someone. A lot of the things the military get's usually ends up filtering down to the police. I think there should be a limit to protect our right's. Is anyone in Washington concerned about that?

I think you should have to have a search warrant to use one of these things to spy on someone. A lot of the things the military get's usually ends up filtering down to the police. I think there should be a limit to protect our right's. Is anyone in Washington concerned about that?

Heck no , Washington LOVES the militarization of our police. More money for their lobbiest friends.

"With little public attention, dozens of universities and law-enforcement agencies have been given approval by federal aviation regulators to use unmanned aircraft known as drones,"

.... why do universities want or need drones?¿? i smell a subsidized money maker with these things. ?¿? .. more than a real "need".

Edited by lightly

Just curious - what's the difference between a drone flying over your house and a police car sitting in front of it? Or a drone flying over a crowd vs a police officer walking through it?

Edited by Rafterman

Good question. Reminds me a lot of ...

But how long until they're available to consumers? I can't wait to purchase my Apple iDrone. :devil:

Just curious - what's the difference between a drone flying over your house and a police car sitting in front of it? Or a drone flying over a crowd vs a police officer walking through it?

The major difference i see is that a police car sitting in front of your house would be on public property whereas, a drone could surveil your PRIVATE property. Many people have private areas outside on their property and they have a constitutional right to privacy in those areas•

Of course helicopter and satellite cameras are already invading that privacy.. and that is no less unconstitutional•

The major difference i see is that a police car sitting in front of your house would be on public property whereas, a drone could surveil your PRIVATE property. Many people have private areas outside on their property and they have a constitutional right to privacy in those areas•

Of course helicopter and satellite cameras are already invading that privacy.. and that is no less unconstitutional•

I believe that the courts have ruled that you have no expectation of privacy when you are outside.

If the police could sit up on a hill and look into your walled backyard, they wouldn't need a warrant to do that.

I believe that the courts have ruled that you have no expectation of privacy when you are outside.

If the police could sit up on a hill and look into your walled backyard, they wouldn't need a warrant to do that.

thanks Rafterman, . . . Oh. that figures. I guess maybe it makes sense too.. but i still think it stinks.

The whole drone thing bothers me. Public safety?? For one thing , how safe can they be flying about above our heads ? On a WINDY day.. or whatever... The whole idea seems redundant and idiotic .

A handful of people plan on making a LOT of money producing them .. i think that is the real "NEED" at play •

My link

So.......what happens when someone flying one of these looses control (especially one of the bigger ones), and it hits someone or someones house? Wonder how long it will take before the first fatal crash happens.

I hope they've thought this through and aren't just thinking $$.........

This type of stance leads to a police state. Are you sure your an American.

duplicate..

Edited by SolarPlexus

Wonder how long it will take before the first fatal crash happens.

Im more worried about... targeting errors. And for God's sake these things are proven to be very susceptible to computer viruses. Seriously!

Just curious - what's the difference between a drone flying over your house and a police car sitting in front of it?

This type of stance leads to a police state.

Indeed a disturbing stance on things if I may say so ...

Edited by SolarPlexus

This type of stance leads to a police state. Are you sure your an American.

It has been that way for decades. It's nothing new.

If one is conducting themselves in a public or outside space, why would they have an expectation of privacy? Should the police just pretend they didn't see what they were doing?

Edited by Rafterman

The first midair collision of drones in domestic airspace will be interesting. Will it involve humans on the ground?

Don't know.... :blink:

It has been that way for decades. It's nothing new.

If one is conducting themselves in a public or outside space, why would they have an expectation of privacy? Should the police just pretend they didn't see what they were doing?

The problem with that is that you or some think if one wants to be (private) they are doing something illegal. Its along the line of guilty till proven innocent.