Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gentle whisper

markdohle

Very wise, Seeker. So many of us wander around looking for that place, that person, that thing, that will bring us happiness, when all along, we carry it within ourselves. Once we accept that, and the responsibility that goes with it, we can really get somewhere!

Yes the old personal responsibility thing. What a place the world would be if its power would be understood.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Meiliken

• markdohle

• White Crane Feather

• Beany

You can try it. But generally we take our problems with us. I've dealt with chronic severe depression for years and still struggle with it yet i find a lot of beauty in the world and in people I meet. I hope you can find something worth saving or helping to grow.

Nay, depression does not factor into it. I don't feel depressed. But perhaps it is where I live.

Both of us live in a reality of our own perceptions. I chose to crete a reality of love. But as I also pointed out physical realities differ for individuals. I do not create the real environmental factors around me, although i can chose to respond to them as a I wish. And yes of course the background I came from, shaped me. I was taught how to love, by people who were capaple of love .

Humans are evolved animals with some determined behaviours. ALso we are affected by genetic make up which determines some potentials But the difference is our self aware sapience Because we have this we can choose ANY response to life . Love does not exist in non self aware animals First they dont have longuistic skills to even conceive of the concept of love Second they are programmed without choices ANd love is something which must be learned and chosen. Human love is NOT anything like anything experienced by animals This has been proven mby moden neuroscience and other disciplines. Human love is ONLY made possible by our self awareness, the nature of our thinking and the way it is inextricably linked to our language and the way we create and attach formal constructs and embed them in our thoughts.

Ps Yes i tink the nuclear family is a very important human construct which is basically the format for our modern civilizations. If we lose it and the benefits it creates then we will be in very serious trouble; and there are signs of this ocuuring all around the western world.

But before the nuclear family there was the extended family, clan, and tribe. Modern people havee none of these and so create artificial ones fromm street gangs to football clubs.

My own nuclear family has, for decades, taken in and cared for those without a loving family of their own. Sometimes it works, sometimes it fails, but always it teaches people the power of love, and shws them that they are worthy of love and capable of loving.

Thank you Walker, you understand more than most people. The western world is what is damaging, and indeed, it seems like it is outside of it that I must look.

You were raised in a place to where you never had a need so you never had to search.

I have tried to follow your reasoning, but I'm lost on this statement. What need was it that he didn't have, and what would he have had to search for?

I have tried to follow your reasoning, but I'm lost on this statement. What need was it that he didn't have, and what would he have had to search for?

It is a blanket statement that is true to all mankind that when one is given everything they need, they never have the need to search for it. Read any utopian story, and you'll understand exactly what I mean.