Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Curiously Lovely

Hypnogogic Images?

8 posts in this topic

Ok, so I'm hoping someone here can help me figure out what I might be experiencing. Ever since I can remember I've had instances where I have "visions" right before I drift off to sleep. They are never longer than about a second and I always wake up right after. Here are some examples:

--I've seen a 4 friends visiting an art gallery (very, very, VERY random for me). These are people I've never seen in my life. lol

--I've heard the voice of someone I know call my name. That person called me later that day. (Honestly, I was sorta expecting to hear from that person at some point. After I "heard" her voice, I knew I would hear from her that day....weird).

--I've heard myself shout "BINGO!". I went to play Bingo later that day and actually won a Bingo. lol

There have actually been lots of other instances. They always happen when I'm drifting off to sleep and I always wake up immediately after. At first I thought that I was starting to dream or that these were weird coincidences or something, but I don't know.

Does anyone have any input? Hypnogogic images? Does anyone know of a good source for me to read up on hypnogogic images?

Thanks in advance! ^_^

Probably hypnagogic hallucinations... Try this and that

Often I get the voices too... other times it's either random stuff like I'm sensing a pool cue is next to my bed and I have to grab it for some reason, then when I do there's nothing there, and often it's scary stuff in my room such as someone standing there with no face just staring at me, sometimes I get paralysis with that as well.

Other people might get the jerk while falling asleep, which is a little more common.

Often I get the voices too... other times it's either random stuff like I'm sensing a pool cue is next to my bed and I have to grab it for some reason, then when I do there's nothing there, and often it's scary stuff in my room such as someone standing there with no face just staring at me, sometimes I get paralysis with that as well.

Other people might get the jerk while falling asleep, which is a little more common.

Thanks! I get the jerks for sure. I have no idea what that's about, but it almost feels like I'm falling through something and trying to catch myself. I've also awakened to find a figure hovering over me. I was scared and not scared at the same time. lol. Weirdness.

Thanks again for the info!

Ok, so I'm hoping someone here can help me figure out what I might be experiencing. Ever since I can remember I've had instances where I have "visions" right before I drift off to sleep. They are never longer than about a second and I always wake up right after. Here are some examples:

--I've seen a 4 friends visiting an art gallery (very, very, VERY random for me). These are people I've never seen in my life. lol

--I've heard the voice of someone I know call my name. That person called me later that day. (Honestly, I was sorta expecting to hear from that person at some point. After I "heard" her voice, I knew I would hear from her that day....weird).

--I've heard myself shout "BINGO!". I went to play Bingo later that day and actually won a Bingo. lol

There have actually been lots of other instances. They always happen when I'm drifting off to sleep and I always wake up immediately after. At first I thought that I was starting to dream or that these were weird coincidences or something, but I don't know.

Does anyone have any input? Hypnogogic images? Does anyone know of a good source for me to read up on hypnogogic images?

Thanks in advance! ^_^

The best way really to take control of or make more sense out of the in between places is to learn how to induce, sustaine, and navigate altered states of conciousness.

I have learned how to induce hypnogogia and walk on the edge with full motor function. Don't try it, but i wouldn't be able to articulate how anyway. I named it the mara meditation for a reason, and really is an excercise in control over ones self.

If you dive just a tad deeper, you will be in the realm of OBEs.

Here you go.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=219629&pid=4270766&st=225entry4270766

The best way really to take control of or make more sense out of the in between places is to learn how to induce, sustaine, and navigate altered states of conciousness.

I have learned how to induce hypnogogia and walk on the edge with full motor function. Don't try it, but i wouldn't be able to articulate how anyway. I named it the mara meditation for a reason, and really is an excercise in control over ones self.

If you dive just a tad deeper, you will be in the realm of OBEs.

Here you go.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=219629&pid=4270766&st=225entry4270766

Thanks, Seeker! I really do feel like I'm on the brink of something when these "visions" occur. I'm going to read through the thread you linked and work on delving deeper. Thank you for taking the time to respond. :)

Thanks, Seeker! I really do feel like I'm on the brink of something when these "visions" occur. I'm going to read through the thread you linked and work on delving deeper. Thank you for taking the time to respond. :)

It is my understading that all these things are different expressions of telepathy. Each of us is entangled with those we know and all other beings. When we share an experience with them, this was defined for me as telepathy, that event will present itself to us in some specific manner, if we can tune it into our consciousness.

I hope that this perspective will be helpful.

John

It is my understading that all these things are different expressions of telepathy. Each of us is entangled with those we know and all other beings. When we share an experience with them, this was defined for me as telepathy, that event will present itself to us in some specific manner, if we can tune it into our consciousness.

I hope that this perspective will be helpful.

John

It's absolutely helpful, thank you! Every bit of this information is like a piece to a puzzle. At some point, the pieces will all fit together and I will have a good understanding of what is going on. :)

Posted (edited)

Not that i believe it but read some where that the offspring from a succubus and a human are faceless people called allu or something.

Allu: offspring of Succubi

(from Wikipedia)

In Akkadian mythology the 'Allu' were a race of monstrous and faceless demons that destroyed all what they could capture. They were engendered during a man's sleep with Lilitu or one of her demon servants (see also succubus). When the man who had engendered them was about to die, they surrounded his bed waiting for the moment during which they could take their father's soul, impeding his travel to the Underworld, and making of him an errant spirit, feared by all living people (see also ghost).

In Sumerian mythology 'Allu' was a demonic power.

Pleasant dreams

Edited by Armchair Educated