Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Time Travel?

DarkCreed

Okay, honestly, this may sound completely crazy. Okay? And just one thing, I'm new to this forum..so please, don't go jumping at me saying I am crazy and weird and this isn't true. I am telling the truth, I WAS NOT DREAMING...

1) I was not dreaming.

2) I am not crazy. May sound like it though...

3) This honestly is true

4) If you don't believe me, don't comment. Got it? Okay.

In grade 3 I was waiting in line, the teacher was talking to us because we were going to the libary or gym or whatever, Idk. Then..When I blinked, I was sitting on my bed or laying on it? I was wide away, and it looked around and I was thinking 'wtf????' and school was over?

Can someone explain this? If it wasn't true, why would I remember that for YEARS? This is true, I am thinking I must of dozed off..But school was over and I was wide awake?

Edited by DarkCreed

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• keninsc

• DarkCreed

• White Crane Feather

• Mr Right Wing

You had something very common in children and adults. You simply lost the memory. It often happens when people are bored, you were fully functional and in control it's just you brain simply shifted into "cruise control" mode. Now had you experience something unusual that you needed your brain functioning then you'd have been able to do just that. This often happens when people are driving long distances, you're awake and driving along then suddenly you discover you're thirty miles further down than you realized or you realize you missed the exit you were supposed to take some miles ago.

Nothing really odd about it, it happens and in many cases it's what makes people think they have missing time and therefore been abducted by aliens or some such nonsense like that. Now if it happens regularly, I recommend you see a doctor because if it happens a lot then it could be an indicator of a more serious medical problem.

Yes, it has happened to me as well on odd occasions and I'm no crazier than.......hmmmm?.....most.

Okay, honestly, this may sound completely crazy. Okay? And just one thing, I'm new to this forum..so please, don't go jumping at me saying I am crazy and weird and this isn't true. I am telling the truth, I WAS NOT DREAMING...

1) I was not dreaming.

3) This honestly is true

In grade 3 I was waiting in line, the teacher was talking to us because we were going to the libary or gym or whatever, Idk. Then..When I blinked, I was sitting on my bed or laying on it? I was wide away, and it looked around and I was thinking 'wtf????' and school was over?

Can someone explain this? If it wasn't true, why would I remember that for YEARS? This is true, I am thinking I must of dozed off..But school was over and I was wide awake?

Have you had any miissing time episodes since?

1) I was not dreaming.

3) This honestly is true

I remember dreaming about getting a Playstation 3 for Christmas and it was so real that for a few months after it confused me that I didnt get one. The thing that confused me most was that I was there when it was being brought and wrapped. That one still has me to this day and I cant get my head around it.

Some things might be caused by mind some things may indicate we dont understand how reality works. Talking about the later will get you labelled a nutter though lol.

You had something very common in children and adults. You simply lost the memory. It often happens when people are bored, you were fully functional and in control it's just you brain simply shifted into "cruise control" mode. Now had you experience something unusual that you needed your brain functioning then you'd have been able to do just that. This often happens when people are driving long distances, you're awake and driving along then suddenly you discover you're thirty miles further down than you realized or you realize you missed the exit you were supposed to take some miles ago.

Nothing really odd about it, it happens and in many cases it's what makes people think they have missing time and therefore been abducted by aliens or some such nonsense like that. Now if it happens regularly, I recommend you see a doctor because if it happens a lot then it could be an indicator of a more serious medical problem.

Yes, it has happened to me as well on odd occasions and I'm no crazier than.......hmmmm?.....most.

Hm, yes that could possibly be the reason. Maybe I did lose my memory? I just like, blinked and I was sitting on my bed...admit it, that would freak you out (If that was the first time it happened to you xD)

Hm, yes that could possibly be the reason. Maybe I did lose my memory? I just like, blinked and I was sitting on my bed...admit it, that would freak you out (If that was the first time it happened to you xD)

Well, of course it does, but once you do some research you find it's not an uncommon occurrence. At least you didn't claim you were abducted by aliens.

Often when I'm driving a long distance, I will forget the ride there, or maybe just a 20 minutes section of time. Seriously, gone, missing, never brought back. I think we get stuck in our regular, monotonous day and day dream till we get to a situation where it changes a little, bringing us back on track.

Often when I'm driving a long distance, I will forget the ride there, or maybe just a 20 minutes section of time. Seriously, gone, missing, never brought back. I think we get stuck in our regular, monotonous day and day dream till we get to a situation where it changes a little, bringing us back on track.

Yeah, it's not that uncommon a thing to happen really, sort of like going on a long drive then when you arrive at your destination someone asks you if you saw something specific on an obscure stretch of I-40 between miles "X" and miles post "Y", in Tennessee. You went right through there but you can't possibly recall that mundane stretch of highway in specific detail.

This has happened to me before as well a couple if times. I used to have to drive 1/2 hour out to the airport and back twice a day and would once in a while be turning back onto my street before realizing that i couldn't remember the past 10 minutes worth of the drive. Definetly due to day dreaming, and would only happen if i was driving and alone. which, now that i write that out, is kind of scary. lol

Here is an interesting article that explains some of the finer details. This happens to us many times a day. I know for one that i don't really wake up most mornings until I am on the road to work. If I need to bring something out of the ordinary or do something that is different than usual, I have to set it out the night before or 9 times out of 10 I will miss it because it isn't part of the routine.

http://www.livescience.com/6557-brain-works-autopilot.html

1) I was not dreaming.

3) This honestly is true

Hmm, ive had something similar iswell but a bit different too. I remember as a kid I had a fascination with Lego[still do but dont play with it lol], now I was looking around for this Massive piece but for the life of me, couldnt find it. What I didnt realize was that the piece was in my hand all along. This has happened to me with my TV remote, my glasses, etc etc lol.

I fairly good point, IMO.

I remember dreaming about getting a Playstation 3 for Christmas and it was so real that for a few months after it confused me that I didnt get one. The thing that confused me most was that I was there when it was being brought and wrapped. That one still has me to this day and I cant get my head around it.

Some things might be caused by mind some things may indicate we dont understand how reality works. Talking about the later will get you labelled a nutter though lol.

Well, one of my Lucid dreams a while back was pretty damn freaky, I recall running away from these men who were trying to kill me for some reason. So I ran into this old building, a church a think it was. I ran and hid in the corner, the man came in brandishing guns and what not, they started to get closer and closer to me, then I freaked, and jumped out. I remember feeling this burning sensation, I blacked out, a few moments later I was flying above the men over head in the shadows circling them. I suddenly felt an overwhelming rage, then I dived in for the kill.

I remember feeling the rage, feeling that desire to kill them. It left me very skeptical, what did I turn into??

Some dreams no matter how real, or how awesome they may have been are simply just your subconcious mind at work. That being said not all dreams are total bunkem either.