Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Werewolves

DarkCreed

They are very real within my nightmares... and perhaps Michigan too.

• Like 1

No, a person cannot transform into a wolf...

Ok, Werewolves dont Transfom into wolves for one, they turn into half and half, the perfect mixture of man and beast.

Yes, I do beleive in both werewolves and Lycans.

And before any of you say anything, YES there is a diffrence

I don't believe in Werewolfs.

Realistically speaking, if Werewolfs existed, atleast in urban neighborhoods, you'd hear of people going missing nearly every week, and investigators finding the mangled remains of the last unfortunate victim.

But! How do we even know that Lycanthropes would even attack humans? We dont! For all we know, they could be like Josh from Being Human and have recognized their desiease and find a way not to harm humans, ever think of that?

But! How do we even know that Lycanthropes would even attack humans? We dont! For all we know, they could be like Josh from Being Human and have recognized their desiease and find a way not to harm humans, ever think of that?

Yeah, but it's still fantasy.

• Like 2

I don't believe in werewolves because it's biologically impossible for someone's body to undergo such a drastic change. I do, however, believe in people with clinical lycanthropy.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I too strongly believe in werewolves, other fantasy creatures (vampires, warlocks, fairies, etc.), and other demensions and worlds in our own.

I mean come on Earth is way to big to contain ordinary people and animals, there will always be hidden secrets withing this atmosphere and others.

I think it would be more than amazing if I actually saw something out of the ordinary i.e any fantasy creature. I've read way too many stories to not believe.

I <3 werewolves

The new Teen Wolf series is surprisingly good.

A vampire I can understand logically for instance is might be caused by some sort of virus that causes the victim to fear sunlight, crave blood etc but a shapeshifting human/wolf is harder to logically explain.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe, more than just that I want to become one. I joined this site hoping someone could help me achieve that.

Edited by Feral1982

I believe, more than just that I want to become one. I joined this site hoping someone could help me achieve that.

Why do you want to become a werewolf?

I don't believe in werewolves. Wouldn't that be wild if they really did exist. Talking about being afraid to go out at night during certain times of the month.

oh there is a beast during "certain" times of the month >.> i have known her for awhile now. Edited by notoverrated
  • Like 2

Your kidding right, why?

No i dont think they exist,

Just like Good wizards choose not to bad things, just a shame they dont exist.

Might be able to magic me a tidy overdraft and double gin.

Thanks,

Just like the fictional vampire, there are no fictional werewolves :blush:

BUT! There is Therianthropy :clap:

Therianthropy – psychopathological and psychodynamical aspects by the Department of Social Psychiatry and Psychotherapy and Department of Clinical Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany

The imagination of being transformed into an animal or being an animal is called Therianthropy.

It is a delusion in the sense of self-identity. It is mainly found in schizophrenic disorders but can be a symptom of other psychiatric disorders as well. Psychodynamically this kind of delusion can be interpreted as an attempt to project suppressed affects, especially with aggressive or sexual content, into the figure of an animal.

In Neolithic tribes "shape-shifting" was practiced Shamanically, in that the pelt of say a bear would empower the wearer with the power of the bear-god and help him in the hunt or in war (as with the Norse Berserkers from which the myth of the werewolf originates).

Werewolves and lycans as we know them in pop culture are about as real as the Rolex I bought in Vietnam last year.

But there has to be some kind of cryptid that would account for the sightings of supposed "werewolves"

I can show you how to become a SEXY BEAST!! Does that counts?? :gun:

I believe that they do exist.

What evidence leads you to believe this?

But there has to be some kind of cryptid that would account for the sightings of supposed "werewolves"

For instance...?

I don't believe in werewolves. No proof. Native American do put on skins of animals and dance and act the like. No real werewolve.vampires, Nessie,or Champs .

I don't believe in werewolves. No proof. Native American do put on skins of animals and dance and act the like. No real werewolve.vampires, Nessie,or Champs .

Doesn't that depend on what you define as "real"?

Are you saying there are no "Hollywood" or "Mythical" ones?

I don't believe in werewolves. I'm that type of person where you have to have very, very compelling evidence to get me to believe. That or a personal experience.

• 4 weeks later...

A werewolf can best be described as someone who has wolf-like qualities. Only Hollywood has made it be someone who literally turns into a wolf.

A real werewolf is someone who's soul is shared with one of a wolf. Those who are gifted this way can switch their main into "M-Shift."

This is the mental capacity a wolf has and a human will act as such..

If anyone claims they could change.. It's because they wanted it so bad they thought they did.

It comes back to a quote in the bible:

"Every man's path is right in his own eyes"

Just because you perceive something a certain way, or not.. that doesn't make it truth.. It simply makes it your reality.