Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Haunted on Animal Planet

darkmoonlady

I've been watching "The Haunted" a series on Animal Planet about haunted houses, paranormal events etc. The show is geared toward animal stories but sometimes they stretch it a bit with the folks having a dog who barks at an entity. Despite the loose animal connection this show I think has the best paranormal video and EVP evidence of all the shows on ghosts on TV right now. I've seen some great video evidence in different episodes and some good EVP work, including some "ghost box" work which I'd never seen before. The show uses some recreations but for the most part relies on evidence taken by local paranormal societies that families have called in for help. Granted any paranormal evidence can be faked but compared with shows like Ghost Hunters, Paranormal State and other shows like them, this one seems to have more what I would call geniune evidence. Any one else catch the show and what do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• darkmoonlady

• Keel M.

• Sakari

• buckskin scout

Here is a clip of the show with some of the evidence I was talking about. Granted the evidence can be faked but the bite in the basement during the investigation of the grocery store (abot the 7:00 mark), then later in the episode the attack filmed at night while he slept is also quite interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW9icpsE8VM&feature=related

Edited by darkmoonlady

I have seen a few episodes of The Haunted, but I can't say it's better or worse than the other shows out there. They're just cashing in on the paranormal mania that exists at the moment.

I have seen a few episodes of The Haunted, but I can't say it's better or worse than the other shows out there. They're just cashing in on the paranormal mania that exists at the moment.

Exactly...

It is all entertainment, nothing more, nothing less........Animal Planet is on my boycott list for the rancid crap they have been showing.....Go back to animal shows all ready.

I've been watching "The Haunted" a series on Animal Planet about haunted houses, paranormal events etc. The show is geared toward animal stories but sometimes they stretch it a bit with the folks having a dog who barks at an entity. Despite the loose animal connection this show I think has the best paranormal video and EVP evidence of all the shows on ghosts on TV right now. I've seen some great video evidence in different episodes and some good EVP work, including some "ghost box" work which I'd never seen before. The show uses some recreations but for the most part relies on evidence taken by local paranormal societies that families have called in for help. Granted any paranormal evidence can be faked but compared with shows like Ghost Hunters, Paranormal State and other shows like them, this one seems to have more what I would call geniune evidence. Any one else catch the show and what do you think?

I've watched quite a few eps and they're all the same.

If the animals could talk might be interesting.

• 4 weeks later...

I have to give props to Animal Planet for it's show, The Haunted. I am a huge horror film fan, and not much on the screen really scares me. That said, I just discovered this show on Netflix. I don't know if the cases are bogus or not (I'm hoping they are legit) but I've gotta tell you, this is the first show/movie in a very long time that has actually made the hair on the back of my neck stand up straight, and no work of fiction or nonfiction (since reading the Stephen King novel-not the crappy movie-Pet Sematary has made me hesitant to get up in the middle of he night to get a glass of water as much as this show has. Way to go Animal Planet and the producers of this show! Keep it coming!