Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Romanticising zombies

Flibbertigibbet

There are loads of books and TV shows romanticising vampires, yet in the original legends vampires were hideous animated corpses preying on the livng, just like zombies. Yet vampires have now become noble, misundrstood creatures and everyone want to be one. Why not zombies?

Google "Warm Bodies" - supposed to be coming out in 2013 sometime. I haven't read into it much, but so far, it's looking pretty....sparkly.

nicholas-hoult-teresa-palmer-warm-bodies-promo-image.jpg

Edited by sarah_444

Google "Warm Bodies" - supposed to be coming out in 2013 sometime. I haven't read into it much, but so far, it's looking pretty....sparkley.

lol, I saw something about that a few weeks ago. Seems like the zombie equivalent to twilight.

Google "Warm Bodies" - supposed to be coming out in 2013 sometime. I haven't read into it much, but so far, it's looking pretty....sparkly.

Seems like someone beat me to it! Grrrr :no:

I thought zombies need brains for food or they are in pain. Although thinking about it there are quite a few different 'types' of zombies depending on what book, film or game you have experienced. Suppose it was inevitable that there would be 'sparkle' zombies at some point.

Vampires had a better PR agent I guess.

Zombies are still crying out for their own Bram Stoker.

You mean romanticise a bunch of old, decrepit, shambling things, endlessly looking for love while being emotionless and dead inside? They already did that...

Sex_and_the_City_2_7.jpg

Wouldn't it be **********?

They've already ruined vampires and now they are going to ruin zombies too! :(

Wouldn't it be **********?

That's what I was thinking. Just imagine the smell...

That's what I was thinking. Just imagine the smell...

No, no, no, it's totally sexy.

*gag*

Ugh why do they have to ruin zombies too?

I thought zombies need brains for food or they are in pain. Although thinking about it there are quite a few different 'types' of zombies depending on what book, film or game you have experienced. Suppose it was inevitable that there would be 'sparkle' zombies at some point.

Zombies didn't eat brains prior to the movie,Return of the Living Dead.

It's just Hollywood reinventing the zombie.

As far as i know,they also didn't eat human flesh,prior to night of the Living dead.

Return of the Living dead opted for brains,to make it different from its predecessors.

I think it is because most Zombies are assumed to not be presevered, so they begin to rot. Nothing sexy about bits and pieces falling off, and stinking up the place. If you don't eat or breath, and yet don't rot, then are you really dead? And if you're not dead, then are you a zombie?

I think pop-culture wise, a preserved zombie is actually a mummy.

Well Demi Moore loved a ghost.

That girl in Twilight loved a vampire AND a werewolf.

Its about time zombies got some action too.

The rot started (pardon the pun) in Land of the Dead, when the zombies became aware, intelligent etc.

Don't worry, if this new zombie teen flick gets you down, there's always Shaun of the Dead to make you smile again

The Italians were exploring this genre back in the early 1980s. Although, in a more carnal than "romantic" sense. Several films continue to explore that aspect of the living dead, there is even an all male cast adult zombie movie....

I found this funny, until the warm bodies thing was posted..... Really?

It was a fair point though.

There are loads of books and TV shows romanticizing vampires, yet in the original legends vampires were hideous animated corpses preying on the livng, just like zombies. Yet vampires have now become noble, misunderstood creatures and everyone want to be one. Why not zombies?

I suppose if you look at it really and ive also done a bit of research into vampires, the best way to describe the myths/folklore on vampires is 'a Chinese whisper' its starts off as one thing and over time it changes into something completely different.

Watch Fido. There is a love story that involves a zombie. And it is a very entertaining movie. Billy Connelly and Carrie-Ann Moss star in it.

fido.jpg

well, somehow through blood vamps are solid..

zombies.. are decaying.

when i think of romance, i think of sex.. do you want to go down on someone who's member may fall off in your mouth or hoochie coochie? do you want to french kiss someone and their tongue fall off... in your mouth. do you want to be spooning and suddenly feel pain in the back of your head as their hunger for brains overcomes their romantic feelings?

i mean

the euwwwwwwww factor is like.. beyond euwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

well, somehow through blood vamps are solid..

zombies.. are decaying.

when i think of romance, i think of sex.. do you want to go down on someone who's member may fall off in your mouth or hoochie coochie? do you want to french kiss someone and their tongue fall off... in your mouth. do you want to be spooning and suddenly feel pain in the back of your head as their hunger for brains overcomes their romantic feelings?

i mean

the euwwwwwwww factor is like.. beyond euwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Yeah but the point is that if these Romantic teen films about werewolves and vampires where based on the original stories of them, then that would also be "euwwwwwwwww". lol Yet people still went there and glamorized it.

With Twighlight they even mixed Native American Shape shifting with the European werewolf.

Native American Shape shifting: Turns into a normal Wolf or other normal animal depending on the persons Totem.

European werewolf: A curse that turns a man into a wolf on a full moon.

She just took the bits she liked from both to Romanticize it. It's kinda disrespectful to Native Americans as well.

Edited by Coffey