Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Expedition to Seek Living Dinosaurs in Africa

Still Waters

I don't know why this slipped past me yesterday when i read it....

A living dinosaur in Africa? So a Crocodile? :tu:

These guys are amateurs. If they did find one (a crocodile that is) they would probably poop their pants. But to be honest, a croc is the least of their worries. They have to take into account the little things that bite and sting not to mention the hostile plantlife

I dont think they have any intentions of going, otherwise they would have done some research into the costs. Either that or they are extremely naive :)

I don't know why this slipped past me yesterday when i read it....

A living dinosaur in Africa? So a Crocodile? :tu:

Although they lived in the dime of dinosars I dont think crocodiles descended from dinosaurs did they?

Edited by vitruvian12

These guys are amateurs. If they did find one (a crocodile that is) they would probably poop their pants. But to be honest, a croc is the least of their worries. They have to take into account the little things that bite and sting not to mention the hostile plantlife

True. If the mosquito's don't get em (or simply drive them insane), some other parasite will. Not to mention spiders, venomous snakes, leaches, and yeah, don't step on that log cuz it may not be a log. Unless they're jungle savvy (sav-ee) and extremely well prepared and equipped, they won't stand a snowballs chance in a forest fire of lasting very long. Those unexplored swamps in the Congo are unexplored for a reason.

True. If the mosquito's don't get em (or simply drive them insane), some other parasite will. Not to mention spiders, venomous snakes, leaches, and yeah, don't step on that log cuz it may not be a log. Unless they're jungle savvy (sav-ee) and extremely well prepared and equipped, they won't stand a snowballs chance in a forest fire of lasting very long. Those unexplored swamps in the Congo are unexplored for a reason.

Personally, I'd rather do looking for Bigfoot on Bali.......might take a month or two. Thanks for your support.

Although they lived in the dime of dinosars I dont think crocodiles descended from dinosaurs did they?

Maybe I'm wrong then and they are just classed as Prehistoric? Thought they where technically a dinosaur in the sense that they are a prehistoric Reptile.

Maybe I'm wrong then and they are just classed as Prehistoric? Thought they where technically a dinosaur in the sense that they are a prehistoric Reptile.

That's a debate that Paleontologist have going on now, whether Dinos are really reptiles or warm blooded or a mixture of the two.

Crocodiles are not dinosaurs. Both evolved from a shared group of ancestors - the archosaurs - in the early Mesozoic along with pterasaurs. They are three very distinct groups.

Why do we assume that a large unknown animal should be a dinosaur that has remained unchanged for 65 million years and not simply a large, unknown animal that has evolved since?

Is an elephant or rhino a dinosaur? Or even an extinct mammal from the Pliocene? No.

Jurassic Lark is a great title, it explains this attempt in full.

Jurassic Lark is a great title, it explains this attempt in full.

"Jurassic Lark" I like that one.......I'll steal it later. :lol:

"Jurassic Lark" I like that one.......I'll steal it later. :lol:

Stole it myself from the OP ;)

I wonder if these guys realise just how difficult an dangerous Africa is? The Tse Tse flies are enough to make a person hink twice alone!

Stole it myself from the OP ;)

I wonder if these guys realise just how difficult an dangerous Africa is? The Tse Tse flies are enough to make a person hink twice alone!

LOL! As long as we're honest about our plagiarism. Can't stand people who do it then lie about it, it's just so dishonest. Don't you agree? :tu:

Naaaaw, they don't have a clue. Especially that part of Africa where you have waring factions who love capturing white folks and holding them for ransom or just raping everyone a couple hundred times then killing them and feeding the carcasses to the river crocs. I recall reading an account of how after Idi Amin was over thrown they had to go to the river and shoot literally thousands of Crocs because they'd over populated eating the bodies Amin's men tossed into the river on a nightly basis.

Not to mention the whole "Blood Diamond" stuff going on near that region. If there is a creature then I highly doubt it's a dinosaur.

Edited by keninsc

I wish good luck to them ! Sounds awesome !

They'll need more than luck I fear.

That's not a part of the world I'd be willing to head to for any reason short of deployment.

Personally, I'd rather do looking for Bigfoot on Bali.......might take a month or two. Thanks for your support.

Or go looking for Babefoot in Figi. All contributions are greatly appeciated. :lol:

I wish them well and hope they return safely...

So could I use the same approach to raising funds to get to the moon to authenticate the moon landings?

So could I use the same approach to raising funds to get to the moon to authenticate the moon landings?

Don't know, but if you do manage it I'll go with you.

Cooking Pot ? Seriously the people around the Congo area say there is a huge beast bigger than an Elephant wandering around in the Jungle,and its been there a long time..

Cooking Pot ? Seriously the people around the Congo area say there is a huge beast bigger than an Elephant wandering around in the Jungle,and its been there a long time..

The people of the Congo say all kinds of things. Should all of them be taken as truth and not just a legend?

Yes, you'll be quite surprised to find a lot of the amazing things to be true. Like human's for example. you humans are so interesting. I love humans for the fact that you are so easily munipulated. Money, food, sex, it's all the same for everyone.

$27000 wouldnt even pay for thier flights to Africa. I would be asking for a lot more than that. Add another nought onto the end and maybe it would be enough for a proper expedition

edit.....sorry, I hate typos :)

What airlines have you been flying with! I've been to Africa for significantly less than that! Though if I had that money I reckon I could make a far more worthwhile and less silly expedition.

Hi Matt, it was just a figure of speach, although if it was with British Airways, it wouldn't be far off the mark, lol.

I agree with you. The money would be better off spent elsewhere, or kept in the pockets of any would-be donator :)

Yes, you'll be quite surprised to find a lot of the amazing things to be true. Like human's for example. you humans are so interesting. I love humans for the fact that you are so easily munipulated. Money, food, sex, it's all the same for everyone.

And you're not human?

that's so cool, wish I could go. Hope they find something. Is it true there are no more uncontacted humans anymore, never to have had any contact with the outside world..