Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markdohle

What we take with us

2 posts in this topic

What we take with us

When I was young and went to the doctor, I was always told, you’re in great shape, see you next year. I thought on some level that it will always be so. Now I understand how easy it is to get sick; like falling off a log. One moment your standing up, then the log twist sideways and you’re in the water, just swimming to the shore. Perhaps it is that wake up call, that I like others, can get sick, have chronic problems, and still move on with my life, is a call to in fact live more deeply and fully. Unconscious states of denial are perhaps needed when young, but as we age, they will be torn away, one by one. Because of this, I think I appreciate life more, and seek to move into my older years with patience; well at least I will try. We acquire patience by dealing with impatient situations without getting frustrated and angry and taking it out on others. Yes a difficult task, growing old with grace.

I often pray for the dying, the sick, the lonely and those who are in pain that can't be controlled. When the hospital, the one thing that scared me was the fact that I was in pain and could not get help with it, I was alone. It was just a headache, but an ice pick one, that came in waves until it reached a nine level. I felt trapped and angry, but hopefully did not take it out on the nurses. It was a lesson on how vulnerable I can become and how poorly I deal with being helpless.......a work in progress that is for sure. But ya know, I would not want to be a day younger, no, one spin around any time of life is good once and then we move on. I believe the latter years are the most important, for then we are perhaps forced to deal with what life is perhaps all about. The journey and growing in patience and love I believe is what life is about; not only of others, but more centrally, at least for me, for God. all the other stuff will be left behind, but we take the love with us.

What we take with us

When I was young and went to the doctor, I was always told, you're in great shape, see you next year. I thought on some level that it will always be so. Now I understand how easy it is to get sick; like falling off a log. One moment your standing up, then the log twist sideways and you're in the water, just swimming to the shore. Perhaps it is that wake up call, that I like others, can get sick, have chronic problems, and still move on with my life, is a call to in fact live more deeply and fully. Unconscious states of denial are perhaps needed when young, but as we age, they will be torn away, one by one. Because of this, I think I appreciate life more, and seek to move into my older years with patience; well at least I will try. We acquire patience by dealing with impatient situations without getting frustrated and angry and taking it out on others. Yes a difficult task, growing old with grace.

I often pray for the dying, the sick, the lonely and those who are in pain that can't be controlled. When the hospital, the one thing that scared me was the fact that I was in pain and could not get help with it, I was alone. It was just a headache, but an ice pick one, that came in waves until it reached a nine level. I felt trapped and angry, but hopefully did not take it out on the nurses. It was a lesson on how vulnerable I can become and how poorly I deal with being helpless.......a work in progress that is for sure. But ya know, I would not want to be a day younger, no, one spin around any time of life is good once and then we move on. I believe the latter years are the most important, for then we are perhaps forced to deal with what life is perhaps all about. The journey and growing in patience and love I believe is what life is about; not only of others, but more centrally, at least for me, for God. all the other stuff will be left behind, but we take the love with us.

Good thoughts, though I would not mind being a tad younger, like 25.....but then again, all the crap I would have to go through again....maybe your right.

doug