Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

E.M.F. Question

Ecto76

I'm not a scientist, nor do I consider myself an expert of the Paranormal. Even though most investigators agree that when ghosts or spirits draw energy it changes the E.M.F. to high or low and we use devices to detect that. Now we have experimental devices that pump out E.M.F. If there are people who are sensitive to it, isn't this putting you or those in danger of high E.M.F. sensitivity?

I'd like to experiment with the E.M.F. pumps I see but I don't want to put anyone in harms way. Because after all we here to help our clients, not hurt them.

Your thoughts! :tu:

I'm not a scientist, nor do I consider myself an expert of the Paranormal. Even though most investigators agree that when ghosts or spirits draw energy it changes the E.M.F. to high or low and we use devices to detect that. Now we have experimental devices that pump out E.M.F. If there are people who are sensitive to it, isn't this putting you or those in danger of high E.M.F. sensitivity?

I'd like to experiment with the E.M.F. pumps I see but I don't want to put anyone in harms way. Because after all we here to help our clients, not hurt them.

None of the equipment you use or will use in ghost hunting is worth spending money on, as there is no proof, not a shred, that they do anything to assist with the locating of spirits or entities. You are wasting your money, and if you are charging people anything to investigate to help finance your "ghost hunting" then their's as well.

So ya, don't endanger people with EMF emitting equipment by using it for something it was never designed for.

Edited by CakeOrDeath

First... I don't charge my clients or anyone to investigate. Don't know where you get that from in my topic?

2nd... I never said I was going to buy anything. I love where people "assume" how the "poster" investigates. You should never assume. What's the old saying; if you assume you make an a** out of you and me? Something to that effect. The proper way to use such tools and meters is to rule out false positives & disprove first. That had nothing to do with my post. My intention is not to harm people. I'm just curious why investigators think that by pumping out EMF levels can draw out spirits but yet at the same time could potentially harm the living if they are sensitive to it.

Lawler Skates!

You use the EMF detectors to take baseline readings to rule out false-positives...rofl. EMF "spikes" do not in any way = ghosts. There are tons of variables that can affect EMF levels, none of which have ever been proven to be ghosts. I mean at the bare minimum, with the thousands of folks running around with EMFs and FLIR, you would think we would have alot more instances of EMF reading spikes + "odd" footage to correlate, while this still wouldn't be evidence, it would atleast draw some sort of link between EMF and the ghost phenomena.

You asked whether anyone had experience with the EMF emitters/boosters and whether it would be prudent to try it. I anwsered your question. No need to get hostile heh.

• Like 1

Wasn't my intention to be hostile... just sarcasm. There is a difference! :innocent:

Honestly, EMF has been linked to paranormal events. A simple compass was used to note the energy people were feeling. So now it's progressed to the point where folks have beliefs that can not be proven like EMF pumps allow ghost to manifest or ghosts drain batteries so they can appear. If this were true... We'd have spirits manifesting around all kinds of things from our cars to power relay stations not to forget your fuse box in your home or that mirco wave.... All of which put off EMF... So where are all of the manifestations?

Edited by TheEVPman

To me this is a great example of a great EMF spike that should not exist. Not only did we have a personal experience that was documented by the video camera, we captured on still photography a shadow anomaly just seconds after we detected the spike. The EMF was only located to the left of the investigator, not the right. I did a base reading and the room read normal. There were no cell phones around or radios.

This amazes me...." Paranormal " investigators not even knowing where to get information on this?......No offense....The paranormal ghost hunting fad has people ignorant on what EMF's are, and that they are EVERYWHERE !!!!!!

Ya, yelled.....Sorry....

Please refer to this topic for information, and information on where to get information on EMF's..( Government Studies, Electrical Engineering, etc.....

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=222978&hl=

I don't appreciate being called ignorant.

I've done nothing but break into these topics with respect for both believers and skeptics. I'm not going around saying just because skeptics don't believe in it and calling them ignorant. You and I are both entitled to our opinions and beliefs.

In this video, I did a base reading around the house. It read normal. Could there be a natural EMF spike? Sure, I am not opposed to the idea. But I do think it is odd that the person on the couch not only got a shadow anomaly in her photo ( we tried to recreate the photo ) at the time of the high spike and the temperature dropped by 10 degrees where she was sitting. Both meters detected high EMF at the same time. What I thought was strange was that the high EMF reading only read high to the left of her where she captured the anomaly. The rest of the area read normal and natural EMF.

To prove my point even further... no matter what I post on what I think is good evidence of something un-explainable, and skeptics will sit there and dispute everything because they just don't believe it. Meanwhile I provided every fact and documented everything.

I don't appreciate being called ignorant.

I've done nothing but break into these topics with respect for both believers and skeptics. I'm not going around saying just because skeptics don't believe in it and calling them ignorant. You and I are both entitled to our opinions and beliefs.

In this video, I did a base reading around the house. It read normal. Could there be a natural EMF spike? Sure, I am not opposed to the idea. But I do think it is odd that the person on the couch not only got a shadow anomaly in her photo ( we tried to recreate the photo ) at the time of the high spike and the temperature dropped by 10 degrees where she was sitting. Both meters detected high EMF at the same time. What I thought was strange was that the high EMF reading only read high to the left of her where she captured the anomaly. The rest of the area read normal and natural EMF.

To prove my point even further... no matter what I post on what I think is good evidence of something un-explainable, and skeptics will sit there and dispute everything because they just don't believe it. Meanwhile I provided every fact and documented everything.

Maybe I should stop using the word " ignorant".....As I do not look at that word as insulting.

Ignorant : " lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified "

That is exactly what that meant in the context I put it.....And I mean no offense when I say it.

Did you even go to the link I provided?

If you had, your questions would be answered.( if you read the information, and links I provided there )

And again, when I use the word " ignorant " I mean no disrespect.I actually use it quite about when stating things about myself....I.E. Pictures exif data, I am ignorant when it comes to that.

Also, please do not pull the " you do not believe " card, believing has nothing to do with something being real.

I was not disputing anything, I was trying to help you with your original question on EMF's.....I only read your first post, and replied.You were talking about health and EMF's, I provided the answer you needed with the link, go read it.

Edited by Sakari

Thank you... the info was very helpful! Extends hand shake... :tu:

Very welcome :)

And again, if you ever think I am being demeaning or insulting, please question me first....That is the bad thing about " texting ", sometimes things can not be put across with the intent wanted.....( writing in this case )

That is why I call instead of text :)

Edited by Sakari