Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man Doing Hard Time

Simbi Laveau

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2012/apr/21/soda-mcdonalds-theft-felony-arrest-dollar-not-pay/

He asked for water,and didn't get one,so he took a coke from the tap.

Upped to a felony for having priors.

This hyper police state we are living in,is getting ridiculous.Then again,they cut your hands off for stuff like this,once upon a time.....

Sad state of affairs. I heard they call him The Hamburgler . :rolleyes:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Simbi Laveau

• THE MATRIX

• arenee

• and-then

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They gave him a cup for water but he filled it with soda instead...how many of us haven't done this? Not saying that I have :yes: but come on. Five years for a tasty beverage. :blink:

Mandatory sentencing should be outlawed for other than truly serious crimes. This case is a prime example of why. The guy is having some major problems socializing but isn't violent. So why potentially make him violent for such a silly offense? No balance....

Mandatory sentencing should be outlawed for other than truly serious crimes. This case is a prime example of why. The guy is having some major problems socializing but isn't violent. So why potentially make him violent for such a silly offense? No balance....

This country has lost it.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2012/apr/21/soda-mcdonalds-theft-felony-arrest-dollar-not-pay/

He asked for water,and didn't get one,so he took a coke from the tap.

Upped to a felony for having priors.

This hyper police state we are living in,is getting ridiculous.Then again,they cut your hands off for stuff like this,once upon a time.....

Sad state of affairs. I heard they call him The Hamburgler . :rolleyes:

Waiting for someone to get tazed, beaten down witn batons, then get life in prison for eating a couple of grapes at the grocery store.

Well they don't want to put dangerous criminals in prison. It might put a damper on crime. :rolleyes:

Why are you all acting as if he is already sentenced?He has only been charged and it may not even hold. I agree that a felony charge is too much, but he did steal the coke.

It would not cost McDonalds just $1. The average McDonalds has a profit of about 10%. The article does not say what size the cup was but Im guessing it was a small so 16oz. So how much does a 16oz cup of coke cost?

5 gallons of syrup cost $64.70; you can make 189.75 16oz drinks with 5 gallons.

So thats 64.70 / 189.75 = $0.34 a 16 oz cup. Add about $0.03 for the cup itself, so all together $0.37.

Now at a profit of 10% they would need a sale of $3.70 to get back the 0.37 in profits.

(Amount lost / profit % = additional sales required to replace loss)

Now I know this does not sound like a lot, but most restaurants dont even make 10% profits. In Michigan the average is 2-5%. (So $18.50 - $7.40 needed in this case, it all adds up fast) And in restaurants every penny counts. But in the end a felony charge is too much it should be a misdemeanor.

Edited by Odin11