Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Analytic Thinking Can Undermine Belief

Still Waters

Analytical reasoning may have destroyed our perception of the universe.

If we adopt the “Holographic Universe” approach, there is no place for atheists.

“God” is the master programmer of our virtual universe.

Matter is an illusion...

• 3 weeks later...

Intuitive thinking is a great gift to those that really posses it. Most great discoveries made by garden shed boffin's and "fringe" engineers and scientists are driven by strong intuition.

Analytical thinking may undermine belief but it can keep you from buying the Brooklyn Bridge from the smooth talking salesman at your door.

'Analytic Thinking Can Undermine Belief'........

Surely this would depend on the belief?

• 3 months later...

'Analytic Thinking Can Undermine Belief' .. Analytical thinkers? Why? because some become atheist? because some become skeptic? because some become agnostic?... But every thought is a belief. Atheism is a belief- A belief of God's inexistence, Skepticsm-A belief that everything is questionable, Agnosticsm- A belief that nothing can be proven nor disproved,Theism-A belief of God's existence.. all the existing religions ... science, mathematics, philosophy..and all the existing thoughts. Analysis is just or somekind of reasoning and so, a thought, mind process, belief.. Aren't we all analytical thinkers? aren't we all critical thinkers? we are believers. As long as we think, there will be a thought, wherever we go, there is abberance. Im 16, it's my first post. Hello Unexplained-Mysteries, I really like being here.

Personally, I seem to be walking a line between analytic thinking and intuition, using a blend of the two to reshape my understanding & perceptions of what's spiritual or sacred. Or maybe I should say it's reshaping me, because ideas seem to be popping into my head out of no where. My analytic mind has been identifying my own personal dogma, and once that space is empty my intuitive self, working together with my analytic self can fill it with ideas that feed & nurture me. I've been thinking the the two are diametrically opposed, but after reading these posts, have come to think that they can work together, and maybe should be working together, as that creates unity instead of conflict. Thanks for the post, Still Water, because I probably wouldn't have figured out what was going on with me without it.