Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did the devil create the Dinosaurs?

Kratology

Hello my friends!

Not sure what forum this belongs in. It covers science and religious belief. (If moved could you send me a pm to where? thanks!)

I've come across an excerpt from a book and would like to get your opinions on the matter: http://home.pacifier.com/~dkossy/dino.html

Here is the text from the link above:

(Excerpted from Kooks: A Guide to the Outer Limits of Human Belief)

We might think that the world is a cruel place now, but millions of years ago the dinosaurs lived in a world without mercy, "a freakish, hellish nightmare world drenched in the blood and gore of violence, death and destruction" inhabited by "abnormal, grotesque creatures and monstrosities" hellbent on destruction. It was a world invented by the Devil himself, according to Damien Royce and Jason Zolot, the authors of Did God Destroy the Dinosaurs?

While millions of dinosaur lovers everywhere delight in their gigantic proportions and sometimes comical physiognomies, Royce and Zolot are deeply disturbed by them. "Even a cursory examination of the facts," they write, "produces the distinct feeling that something was just not right with the dinosaurs and the related reptiles of the air and sea. It is as if they were not of this world and did not belong in it. It is as if they were travesties of Nature, monstrous caricatures of other creatures and of life itself--the result of some obscene joke played by some perverted prankster." It was the most perverted prankster of all, Satan, who created these travesties and, in his insatiable perversity, became one himself.

I'm sure many of you have come across this theory before. It's very interesting to say the least! I was hoping some of you intellects out there could shed some light on the subject. Maybe someone has more info(links, books, counter theories, etc.)

I'm not sure exactly how i feel about it. I just thought it was interesting and wanted to share and hopefully discuss it with you all.

Edited by Still Waters
Copied text shortened

No. No he did not. That being said, let's look at this quote:

"a freakish, hellish nightmare world drenched in the blood and gore of violence, death and destruction" inhabited by "abnormal, grotesque creatures and monstrosities" hellbent on destruction.

How is it freakish? Because the world that mankind has shaped has no place for these animals? As far as being drenched in the blood and gore of violence, death and destruction, the author of this quote easily glides over the fact that these animals, just as our current species of animals, fought to survive. When the Brown Pelican of the Florida Keys catches a fish to sup on, is it an abnormal, grotesque creature that is hellbent on destruction? More aptly, what about when humans hunt to survive and feed their young? I would like to personaly thank Damien Royce and Jason Zolot, the authors of "Did God Destroy the Dinosaurs?" for restoring my faith in human idiocy. My Friday has just been shot to s**t. Thank you. :blink:

Great post for thought. Thanks. I have no opinion at this time.

Hello my friends!

Not sure what forum this belongs in. It covers science and religious belief. (If moved could you send me a pm to where? thanks!)

I've come across an excerpt from a book and would like to get your opinions on the matter: http://home.pacifier...kossy/dino.html

I'm sure many of you have come across this theory before. It's very interesting to say the least! I was hoping some of you intellects out there could shed some light on the subject. Maybe someone has more info(links, books, counter theories, etc.)

I'm not sure exactly how i feel about it. I just thought it was interesting and wanted to share and hopefully discuss it with you all.

This was written in 1995? Long time ago.....

The world is just as cruel now as it was back then. Predator and prey....it's always been that way. It's just that back then some were a lot bigger. Bigger because the oxygen levels were around 35-36% compared to today's 21% or so. No entity created the dinosaurs and no entity destroyed them......unless you want to call an asteroid an entity.

Damien Royce and Jason Zolot have some strange thoughts...........

I guess the devil created every predatory organism then, even humans...

BTW I'm not sure where they got the idea of dinosaurs being incarnations of destruction. If I had to guess though, works of fiction.

Edited by Rlyeh

No. No he did not. That being said, let's look at this quote:

"a freakish, hellish nightmare world drenched in the blood and gore of violence, death and destruction" inhabited by "abnormal, grotesque creatures and monstrosities" hellbent on destruction.

How is it freakish? Because the world that mankind has shaped has no place for these animals? As far as being drenched in the blood and gore of violence, death and destruction, the author of this quote easily glides over the fact that these animals, just as our current species of animals, fought to survive. When the Brown Pelican of the Florida Keys catches a fish to sup on, is it an abnormal, grotesque creature that is hellbent on destruction? More aptly, what about when humans hunt to survive and feed their young? I would like to personaly thank Damien Royce and Jason Zolot, the authors of "Did God Destroy the Dinosaurs?" for restoring my faith in human idiocy. My Friday has just been shot to s**t. Thank you. :blink:

They where implying that death came from the Devil. And that god never intended for "us" to die. ("us" being all living creatures)

It certainly is fiction. It's merely a wild theory, which IMO is not all that bad compared to some of these Ancient Alien episodes, haha. I just thought it was interesting and would get people thinking. Thank you for posting!

BTW, i love the part where they clam the comet that killed the "evil dinosaurs" was actually God casting Satan from heaven! How can someone prove any of this to be true? Though i suppose the same could be said about most religious beliefs.

Edited by Kratology

:devil::innocent:

All I can say is, really? Where do some people get their ideas from, and how on earth do they find someone else who's enough of a sucker to go along with it and help with a book?

:devil::innocent:

All I can say is, really? Where do some people get their ideas from, and how on earth do they find someone else who's enough of a sucker to go along with it and help with a book?

....and to actually pay to read this stuff? I shouldn't be surprised anymore by some of the bizarre 'theories' that are published.:cry:

....and to actually pay to read this stuff? I shouldn't be surprised anymore by some of the bizarre 'theories' that are published.:cry:

I think it's ironic how some actual writers can't get their crappy books published but these jokers can.

The idea that dinosaurs were intentionally evil and not just hungry for some tasty steak (or whatever they called the meat) is laughable. I could go for some tasty steak right now...I'm so evil. :devil::gun:

I think it's ironic how some actual writers can't get their crappy books published but these jokers can.

The idea that dinosaurs were intentionally evil and not just hungry for some tasty steak (or whatever they called the meat) is laughable. I could go for some tasty steak right now...I'm so evil. :devil::gun:

LOL, me too! A nice, juicy rare steak....ok, gotta get something to eat! LOL

Hello my friends!

I've come across an excerpt from a book and would like to get your opinions on the matter: http://home.pacifier.com/~dkossy/dino.html

I have to be honest, it sounds like these authors had the pants scared off of them by Jurassic Park. Actually... was that even out when this was written?

Anyway, Every predatory creature has the same potential as the dinosaurs to be violent, blood drenched and terrifying. I must wonder if these guys have ever seen a lion take down a zebra and tear it apart with its teeth, because I can't imagine the life of the dinosaurs being so much worse than that. Really, they're overgrown lizards... Perhaps that's the connection. Snakes and dragons are seen as evil, so by proxy a world full of giant lizards = hell? That actually makes a little bit of sense, if someone holds the view that everything snake/dragon-like is automatically evil and vile.

It's an interesting concept... but it's also a twisted understanding of the situation then and the situation at present.

We might think that the world is a cruel place now, but millions of years ago the dinosaurs lived in a world without mercy, "a freakish, hellish nightmare world drenched in the blood and gore of violence, death and destruction" inhabited by "abnormal, grotesque creatures and monstrosities" hellbent on destruction.

Nope.

It was a world invented by the Devil himself, according to Damien Royce and Jason Zolot, the authors of Did God Destroy the Dinosaurs?

Nope.

While millions of dinosaur lovers everywhere delight in their gigantic proportions and sometimes comical physiognomies, Royce and Zolot are deeply disturbed by them.

Says the hairless pink monkey...

"Even a cursory examination of the facts," they write, "produces the distinct feeling that something was just not right with the dinosaurs and the related reptiles of the air and sea. It is as if they were not of this world and did not belong in it. It is as if they were travesties of Nature, monstrous caricatures of other creatures and of life itself--the result of some obscene joke played by some perverted prankster." It was the most perverted prankster of all, Satan, who created these travesties and, in his insatiable perversity, became one himself.

Wait, what? Satan became a dinosaur now?

As for they didn't belong here:

Dino

Modern

But only one of them's meant to exist right?

Finally, tell me this is a 'monstrosity'.

Finally, tell me this is a 'monstrosity'.

Yes, cute things are monstrosities too Setton. They were murderous creatures!!! Can't you see that! :no:

Yes, cute things are monstrosities too Setton. They were murderous creatures!!! Can't you see that! :no:

Main reason I put that one up: If you look at the heading it's a Deinonychus - one of the better predators and a well evolved killing machine. But it's SO cute :P

Well, it's an entertaining theory that could make for a good story line.

there is no such thing as the devil, so the answer is no

Whoa whoa whoa!!! Riddle me this then, who created the dinosaurs?

Whoa whoa whoa!!! Riddle me this then, who created the dinosaurs?

lol @ whoa whoa whoa

just because i know the devil couldn't have created them because the devil doesn't exist doesn't mean i know who did create them.

i know who created the pocket fisherman. ask me that.

lol @ whoa whoa whoa

just because i know the devil couldn't have created them because the devil doesn't exist doesn't mean i know who did create them.

i know who created the pocket fisherman. ask me that.

No, it is now your responsibility to tell me who created the dinosaurs. I mean, it's the least you can do after destroying the only theory I held on to so dearly.

Oh, and I wanna know who created the pocket fisherman. Or are you just going to ruin my dream of knowing that one too???

Can you imagine though, the devil walking around the earth with his sinister laugh at all the blood flowing in the rivers of the poor dinosaurs who were destroyed by the evil monstrocities he created. Makes one chuckle a bit. He'd look something like this.. :devil:

No, it is now your responsibility to tell me who created the dinosaurs. I mean, it's the least you can do after destroying the only theory I held on to so dearly.

Oh, and I wanna know who created the pocket fisherman. Or are you just going to ruin my dream of knowing that one too???

Can you imagine though, the devil walking around the earth with his sinister laugh at all the blood flowing in the rivers of the poor dinosaurs who were destroyed by the evil monstrocities he created. Makes one chuckle a bit. He'd look something like this.. :devil:

Ron Popeil invented the pocket fisherman, but ok i just don't know about the dinosaurs. maybe jim henson?

• Like 2

I just finished reading the article from the OP .......... I was telling my husband one night about this sort thing.. as we spoke of the weirdest and most dumbest things you could ever read on the internet... I mentioned how I once read a few years ago, religious people saying - That The Devil Planted dinosaur bones to trick us and fool us all into thinking the earth was older.... My husband did not believe me, he said there is no way people could be that dumb?

I tried to show him but lost the link ...Just when I thought the dumbness could not appear again to show that I was right and I had read it all before.. It is back...!! I could almost hear the theme from the movie Psycho going .. reek reeek reeek reeek when I read the OP article lol

And now it is God who planted them to test believers ..This does not in any way make sense.. There is no point to it...So I beleive that they are seriously just joking around to poke fun...No one can be that dense...I refuse to beleive that anyone with any intelligence would believe such dribble !..

.And we know that the age of the earth is not just calculated by dinosaur fossils, but calculated by geology too.. Study of the earth's crust ...I am surprised they have not called this trickery or a test too ....

If what they were serious about what they have wrote, then it saddens me to think that we as a species have evolved so much , especially in the last 100 years, that there are so many people who will beleive in this clap trap ...It feels like we are taking a step backwards into the dark ages........What's next? .... Will we start burning witches again?

I can see no logical sense in God creating the earth 6000 years ago but making it look like it was made billions of years ago.. Leaving the earth, to go further a field and enter the universe ...Scientist have calculated the speed and distance of far away galaxies, and have determined that the universe is approx 14 billion years old........AGAIN IF God made of this 6000 years ago, where is the sense in making the universe look so much older? What is the purpose? There is no real reasoning. with this.. and hardly the work of intelligence to be honest

My conclusion is.. this article and what it says cannot possibly be serious...it has to be a joke of some sort... I thought theory's were many to at least be interesting.. But this just takes the biscuit !

Is it possible that we are wrong about the age of the earth? And the age of dinosaur fossils (radiometric dating)? Didn't they find soft tissue in bones from a T-rex a few years back? How could there be soft tissue in a fossil millions of years old?

Is it possible that we are wrong about the age of the earth? And the age of dinosaur fossils (radiometric dating)? Didn't they find soft tissue in bones from a T-rex a few years back? How could there be soft tissue in a fossil millions of years old?

The Earth is 4.45 ± 0.05 billion years.

As for preserved soft tissue found in a t-rex fossil, you should read this article. It give a good description of the find.

From the article:

"There's nothing unique about the specimen other than the fact that it's the first that's been examined really well," Horner concluded. Other dinosaurs, in other words, are probably similarly preserved.

• Like 1

It'd require most of physics, geology, and chemistry to be wrong, so it's pretty doubtful.

There have been dinosaur mummies (where mummified remains of the creatures were then fossilized) but what I think you're talking about is where the proteins inside a bone were mineralized. They were able to demineralize and restore the proteins. They think what happened was that as the bones were preserved it acted like a tupperware container, preserving the interior until it to mineralized.

• Like 1