Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Timonthy

Egypt introduces 'farewell intercourse law' ?

15 posts in this topic

I really hope the rumours of this new 'farewell intercourse law' are not true.

Things like this make me sure that I'll never turn to religion. I see far too many things that cement my logical beliefs than those that would ever lure me a religious life - (not an attack by any means, just my personal view)

Egyptian husbands will soon be legally allowed to have sex with their dead wives for up to six hours after their death, local media is claiming.

The controversial new law is claimed to be part of a raft of measures being introduced by the Islamist-dominated parliament.

It will also see the minimum age of marriage lowered to 14 and the ridding of women's rights of getting education and employment.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2135434/Outrage-Egypt-plans-farewell-intercourse-law-husbands-sex-dead-wives-hours-AFTER-death.html#ixzz1tFVev2TV

Although reported in local media, there are some suggestions from within Egypt that the plans do not exist and were merely seeded by journalists loyal to ousted President Hosni Mubarak.

MailOnline has contacted the Egyptian Embassy and Consulate in London for comment on the claimed proposals, and is yet to receive a reply.

Anyway I hope it's not true. Can anyone here offer a reasonable justification of this? Because I can't even begin to see one.

(Keeping in mind this is also running on numerous other sites, although I'm not sure how credible they are.)

Thanks, Tim.

I'm guessing this is complete and utter tripe.

Posted (edited)

Can anyone here offer a reasonable justification of this? Because I can't even begin to see one.

One for the road?

Ain't like she can claim a headache.

:)

Edited by Eldorado

Posted (edited)

Things like this make me sure that I'll never turn to religion. I see far too many things that cement my logical beliefs than those that would ever lure me a religious life - (not an attack by any means, just my personal view)

Anyway I hope it's not true. Can anyone here offer a reasonable justification of this? Because I can't even begin to see one.

(Keeping in mind this is also running on numerous other sites, although I'm not sure how credible they are.)

Thanks, Tim.

I've seen the news article at a couple of sites so it's probably correct. I've been "religious" all my life and have NEVER heard of such a thing before. I would also love to hear from a Muslim if this is some accepted cultural tradition. It seems totally creepy to me.

Choose to stay away from religion if you like but lumping all religions into the same group is not a fair way to approach such a decision. They are NOT all the same. Best wishes Tim

Edited by and then

Yeah, as said above, I doubt this is true. If it is, well, that's just weird.

One for the road?

LOL

Thanks, Tim.

That one is so far out there I cannot even give an answer. Eldorado, LOL. Thats just wrong on so many levels, LOL You crack me up.

One for the road?

Lol ewwwwwww...

Most women just lay there motionless anyway.

1 person likes this

It was two weeks before I noticed that my first wife had died. The sex was the same, but the housework was stacking up!

1 person likes this

They've updated the news report -

Alleged proposals to allow Egyptian husbands to legally have sex with their dead wives for up to six hours after their death have been branded a 'complete nonsense'.

But sources inside the Egyptian Embassy in London have said the claims were 'completely false', 'forbidden in Islam' and 'could never imagine it happening'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2135434/Egypts-plans-farewell-intercourse-law-husbands-sex-DEAD-wives-branded-complete-nonsense.html#ixzz1tFVev2TV

im glad it was fake, cause ********** is just wrong and shouldnt be made legal.

They've updated the news report -

Alleged proposals to allow Egyptian husbands to legally have sex with their dead wives for up to six hours after their death have been branded a 'complete nonsense'.

But sources inside the Egyptian Embassy in London have said the claims were 'completely false', 'forbidden in Islam' and 'could never imagine it happening'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2135434/Egypts-plans-farewell-intercourse-law-husbands-sex-DEAD-wives-branded-complete-nonsense.html#ixzz1tFVev2TV

Thanks Still Waters :tu: - maybe there is still hope for me and religion one day :lol:

One for the road?

Haha, you can turn that around anyway, just show the said female the numerous studies that have 'proven' female orgasms relieve headaches ;)

Although then she'll just think of another better excuse...

I've seen the news article at a couple of sites so it's probably correct. I've been "religious" all my life and have NEVER heard of such a thing before. I would also love to hear from a Muslim if this is some accepted cultural tradition. It seems totally creepy to me.

Choose to stay away from religion if you like but lumping all religions into the same group is not a fair way to approach such a decision. They are NOT all the same. Best wishes Tim

Hey and then,

I wouldn't judge all religions based on one (I'm glad in this case my OP was untrue), but there is really nothing that remotely humours me to become religious.

Too many atrocities carried out in the name of religion, but even if you could justify that there are the same amount due to non-religious motivations (or disregard the atrocities altogether), there is nothing positive religion has to offer which would improve my already complete logically-based life.

Tim.

I think it would be dead boring :cry:

Thanks Still Waters :tu: - maybe there is still hope for me and religion one day :lol:

Haha, you can turn that around anyway, just show the said female the numerous studies that have 'proven' female orgasms relieve headaches ;)

Although then she'll just think of another better excuse...

Hey and then,

I wouldn't judge all religions based on one (I'm glad in this case my OP was untrue), but there is really nothing that remotely humours me to become religious.

Too many atrocities carried out in the name of religion, but even if you could justify that there are the same amount due to non-religious motivations (or disregard the atrocities altogether), there is nothing positive religion has to offer which would improve my already complete logically-based life.

Tim.

:tu: