Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Whipper the mutant parakeet

Saru

I think he looks kind of cuddly :D How cruel to abandon him just because he looks different :(

He's definitely cute. But I've never seen a bird in "Drag" before :w00t:

If it's possible that mutant gene was hereditary it could end up creating a favourable breed i bet. Just look how many dog breeds nowadays have hair like that.

He may be the first of a new breed. I wonder if his owners will try to mate him. He looks like one of those fancy chickens with wild feathers.

How sweet is that?! I'm sure he could produce a favorable breed if he can pass that gene on. All feathers and a little beak.

I want one :wub: , I agree with those that say this could be the start of a great breed - at least as a domestic pet, can't see it surviving in the wild very well, soooo cute.

Aww...he's adorable, like a little feather duster. :wub:

You nailed it. Feather duster parakeets are a rare mutation of parakeets. They're usually short lived.

(Dunno if it mentions it in the vid, all I can get out of it is some stills before my window locks up.)

What a sweetheart!

You nailed it. Feather duster parakeets are a rare mutation of parakeets. They're usually short lived.

(Dunno if it mentions it in the vid, all I can get out of it is some stills before my window locks up.)

So they die quickly? That's sad!

Very cool bird. I want one. Looks just like me in the morning, LOL

...idk if id want one but i wouldnt mind holding it lil cutie ~_^

aww loveable bird and so cuddly one indeed, and adorable parakeet I wish I have one just like him !

it doesnt look like it can see that well, they should trim the feathers round the eyes.

i hate the word 'mutant'.

Why? That's what he is. One of his genes mutated into something which caused his feathers to be fluffy. That's all. No negativity is meant, I'm sure.

Mutations aren't always a bad thing. Some can be quite useful, others not so much, still others can be deadly. The fluffy feathers are rather cute (good for a pet animal), but someone mentioned that birds with this type of feather mutation often don't live very long (obviously not good). I wish the little guy well, it's tough to be different (even for a bird).

He is so cute. When I first seen him I thought maybe one of his relatives was an exotic breed or something.

Very attractive in my book.

WTF?!!!

Guest Coffin It Up

I think he's beautiful. ''Mutant'' is such an ugly word. Only idiots abandon animals.