Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheTitan

The Best MMORPG's

25 posts in this topic

Hey guys, was wondering on your thoughts on which would be the best free MMORPG to play. Never played one before and would like to get some idea's on which one's to try out?

i haven't played very many but adventure quest worlds is pretty fun. also if you like family guy they have a mmorpg. it's kinda new though so there are a few bugs. it's called family guy online

Runescape will always be the best free mmo, hands down. I've tried many others just to try to break away from Runescape, but they can't compete with the amount of free content RS has.

Forsaken Worlds is a fun Wow clone with decent graphics, also a Past Pay to play game has now became free called Aion, it a in depth and great looking RPG. Aion can tend to get a bit grindy however.

i would advise installing steam and having a look at there free to play section they have quite a selection from MMOFPS to MMORPG and even MMORTS

Crimecraft isn't too bad if you like Third person shooters. (it's on steam and is free to play)

Guild was 2 is not free, but you don't pay a subscribtion. It's jsut a 1 time purchase. It's not released yet, but you cna prepurchase it and you register with your code and get to play in weekend beta events every so often. I played a wekkend beta event this wekkend and it is really good.

I don't like WOW though, so I can't compare those 2. Loads of people have cancelled there WOW subs though because thye couldn't go back to it. It's worth checking youtube vids etc.

i haven't played very many but adventure quest worlds is pretty fun. also if you like family guy they have a mmorpg. it's kinda new though so there are a few bugs. it's called family guy online

Nope I can't stand family guy.

Hey guys, was wondering on your thoughts on which would be the best free MMORPG to play. Never played one before and would like to get some idea's on which one's to try out?

What it boils down to is the type of mmorpg you are interested in (science, fantasy, super hero, etc...)

Here are a couple of sites to check out with reviews and links to free mmorpg's

http://www.whatmmorpg.com/free-to-play-mmorpgs.php?gclid=CO_d7tzv368CFYje4AodKTT4Nw

http://mmoattack.com/free-online-mmorpg/free-mmo/?gclid=CKvFqr7v368CFUSK4AodhReVDw

Well you have Guild Wars, Wow, Aion :)

What it boils down to is the type of mmorpg you are interested in (science, fantasy, super hero, etc...)

Here are a couple of sites to check out with reviews and links to free mmorpg's

Sorry I should of stated that. Fantasy MMO's are the ones i'm after.

One free to play game that I would have suggested a couple of years ago would be Conquer online. You can play as a Ninja, Trojan, Warrior, Taoist, Monk or a Pirate.

However I stopped playing when they started trying to grab money from every which angle. They have an item shop (like most other free to play games) where you can buy items to upgrade your character using real money.

However if I were you I wouldn't bother with that because you can spend $100 and you will still have equipment that will get you beat. Some players waste a few thousand dollars on gears and then find it funny to come and kill you repeatedly, the problem there is that you don't stand a chance when this happens.

do yourself a favour and stay away from Last Chaos and Rappelz..

there's an indie-developer working on an MMO, kenshi i think it was called.. it seems promising..

I've started playing Runes of Magic. Which after playing for a bit is just a free to play WoW. Which is cool by me.

Posted (edited)

Im fairly suprised no one has mentioned Rift... When it released it made a pretty big dent in the subscriptions to WoW. I enjoyed it thoroughly. I played EQ and EQ2 and went to WoW until the Cata release... I just couldnt take the nerfing anymore. When Rift released around Fathers Day I picked it up... the world events are amazing... and its a break from the tedious grind because there are so many things you can do.

Edit To Add:

Eve Online is another good one if you are into the Space Scene.

Edited by Dredimus

Posted (edited)

Look no further than Gw2. Here is a good list to get you started on what Gw2 has to offer. http://www.guildwars...he-uninitiated/

Edited by Ccel
1 person likes this

I've started playing Runes of Magic. Which after playing for a bit is just a free to play WoW. Which is cool by me.

You may want to check out dungeond and dragons and lord of the rings both online with free versions

Star Trek online is fuuuuuuuuuuuuun it might not be the best but its amazingly fun

Star Trek online is fuuuuuuuuuuuuun it might not be the best but its amazingly fun

Yes I was going to add that. The free side of the game gives you alot of stuff you can do actually. And then of course they have a store that you can buy ceartain thing s from but they are mainly cosmetic type things. You can ceratinly play the free game and do just about everything a subscriber can. Also I play the new Star wars MMo and they just annouced they are going to start offering a free to play option. so you might want to look into that to.

Look no further than Gw2. Here is a good list to get you started on what Gw2 has to offer. http://www.guildwars...he-uninitiated/

My daughter works for ArenaNET and is the storyline QA editor for GW2. Shes been working her ever-lovin' butt off for the last 2 years on that game! I'm going to recommend it, I might even play it even though I've never played an MMORPG.

To the OP: You have to buy the game, I"ve seen it for pre-sale between 49.00usd an 59.00usd... once you buy the game, it's free to play online. All I know is what I've seen... the graphics are spectacular. It releases officially in 10 days.

Edited by MissMelsWell
1 person likes this

Star Trek Online is loads of fun. Star Wars The Old Republic as well. (Which goes free to play soon) DC Universe online is alot of fun too. There is something out there for everyone. And with more coming everyday, there are lots of choices popping up.

My daughter works for ArenaNET and is the storyline QA editor for GW2. Shes been working her ever-lovin' butt off for the last 2 years on that game! I'm going to recommend it, I might even play it even though I've never played an MMORPG.

To the OP: You have to buy the game, I"ve seen it for pre-sale between 49.00usd an 59.00usd... once you buy the game, it's free to play online. All I know is what I've seen... the graphics are spectacular. It releases officially in 10 days.

OH wow!!!!!

Did she work on the "Charr" Storyline?! In one fo the bet weekends I was really enjoying the "Charr" storlyine.

Releases for me next weekend. :tu:

After the next week there will be only one real choice - Guild Wars 2

1 person likes this

OH wow!!!!!

Did she work on the "Charr" Storyline?! In one fo the bet weekends I was really enjoying the "Charr" storlyine.

Releases for me next weekend. :tu:

I'm going to say yes, since I believe she worked all the story lines. The editing/writing team is relatively small but hugely talented. :)

1 person likes this

I'm going to say yes, since I believe she worked all the story lines. The editing/writing team is relatively small but hugely talented. :)

That's awesome, definitly talented! You must be very proud of her! :tu:

Ive played a hell of a lot of MMO's, from Flyff to World of warcraft.

In my opinion World of Warcraft is the best MMO at the moment. That being said soon enough Guild Wars 2 will be released and hopefully wipe the floor with WoW. Something for you to keep an eye on.

My advice is to download, Steam.

It's an extremely popular Games client Software and community.

In the store, in Genre's you can choose Free to Play games. They have an extremely wide selection of games to choose from there.

One such F2P MMO that really impressed the hell out of me was Allods Online. Sadly however it lacked the Numbers of lets say Ruins of Magic which is awesome in its own right.

mate personally I dont know your finanical state but id recommend going for a pay monthly Game such as WoW. Fair enough WoW is lacking at the moment, I find the content to easy you know. Then again ive been playing for years and years.

As a reminder, keep an eye out for Guild Wars 2!

Edited by Hybrid89
1 person likes this

I agree with Hybrid, Steam is definitly worth downloading.

There is a few decent free mmo's on there.

APB reloaded and Crimecraft are a couple I've played.