Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stars vs. dots

Euphorbia

I woke up this morning and all of the threads that I've participated in now have dots instead of stars next to them. Has something changed?

The stars made it easier to find the threads I've posted in and by clicking on them they took me to the first unread post. Clicking on the dots just takes me to the last page.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Euphorbia

• ChrLzs

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This feature has been removed from the forums for the time being as it was found to be the primary cause of the long load times ( up to 90 seconds ) when entering a forum section, using the search feature or looking at the 'view new content' page.

We're going to need to either find some sort of alternative or rework the feature internally as enabling it as it stands is too much of a trade-off with performance on a forum of this size.

This feature has been removed from the forums for the time being as it was found to be the primary cause of the long load times ( up to 90 seconds ) when entering a forum section, using the search feature or looking at the 'view new content' page.

We're going to need to find some sort of alternative as enabling it is too much of a trade-off with performance on a forum of this size.

Thank you for the explanation. I miss my stars though and hope a solution is found. The stars didn't seem to slow down my load time......

This issue and the spell check for Firefox users are my last two issues.......then everything will seem back to normal for me.

Thanks, Saru

Just to add that clicking on the pip will still take you to the first unread post, the star's only purpose was to denote a thread you've posted in.

Just in case anyone isn't aware... I trust folks realise that if you click on your name at top-right, then My Content, you get a nice list of all the threads you have posted in, neatly ordered with the most-recently-posted-in-ones sorted to the top...

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious..