Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A beating at Church and Brambleton

Socio

http://hamptonroads.com.nyud.net/2012/05/beating-church-and-brambleton

Wave after wave of young men surged forward to take turns punching and kicking their victim.

The victim's friend, a young woman, tried to pull him back into his car. Attackers came after her, pulling her hair, punching her head and causing a bloody scratch to the surface of her eye. She called 911. A recording told her all lines were busy. She called again. Busy. On her third try, she got through and, hysterical, could scream only their location.

Church and Brambleton. Church and Brambleton. Church and Brambleton.

Forster and Rostami's story has not, until today, appeared in this paper. The responding officer coded the incident as a simple assault, despite their assertions that at least 30 people had participated in the attack.
Forster and Rostami wondered if the officer who answered their call treated all crime victims the same way. When Rostami, who admits she was hysterical, tried to describe what had happened, she says the officer told her to shut up and get in the car. Both said the officer did not record any names of witnesses who stopped to help. Rostami said the officer told them the attackers were "probably juveniles anyway. What are we going to do? Find their parents and tell them?"
The officer pointed to public housing in the area and said large groups of teenagers look for trouble on the weekends. "It's what they do," he told Forster.

Wow is this what we are coming to gangs of Black teenage thugs attacking Whites have become so commonplace the Police are just going to start shrugging it off, saying "hey it is just what they do" ?

That's horrible, those kids should of been arrested. I bet when someone kills one of them trying to defend themselves they will be arrested.

I wouldn't of gotten out of the car and I would ran a red light.

Edited by Hilander

Imagine the behavior when the monthly check gets reduced or even stopped. A level of force unheard of since the Civil war in the US may be required then. And the current administration is only too happy to continue to vilify the 1%...... As for this particular situation - if they attacked me or my family in such a way I would kill them. I would not aim to wound. And I would shoot as many as it took to cause the rest to stop coming.

• Like 1

Imagine the behavior when the monthly check gets reduced or even stopped. A level of force unheard of since the Civil war in the US may be required then. And the current administration is only too happy to continue to vilify the 1%...... As for this particular situation - if they attacked me or my family in such a way I would kill them. I would not aim to wound. And I would shoot as many as it took to cause the rest to stop coming.

AMEN

Sorry to say it's not a question of colors but rather a question of group sense of power: place (white green red yellow blue or black) (check your own color of choice) and you will have the same type of behavior. It happen before and it will again until someone decides that teens and other youth belong in schools and and not and the streets.

• Like 1

Sorry to say it's not a question of colors but rather a question of group sense of power: place (white green red yellow blue or black) (check your own color of choice) and you will have the same type of behavior. It happen before and it will again until someone decides that teens and other youth belong in schools and and not and the streets.

That isnt completly true. Sure it could happen with any color. Mob mentality is well documented in all races. But I live 10 mins from what is pound for pound one of the most dangerous cities in America. Its mostly a black neighborhood, and this kinda thing happens all the time. And they dont just do it to white folks. They do it to everyone, including eldery black folks. My heart just broke listening to this 55 year old black women who had to move after living in the same apartment for over 25 years cause she litteraly got jumped by a mob of black teens after trying to break up a fight between two of the teens. The others where there to watch the fight, and when she came out, the whole mob just turned on her.

10 mins in the oposite direction from me is your average middle class neighborhood. You NEVER hear of anything like that ever.

Edited by preacherman76

That isnt completly true. Sure it could happen with any color. Mob mentality is well documented in all races. But I live 10 mins from what is pound for pound one of the most dangerous cities in America. Its mostly a black neighborhood, and this kinda thing happens all the time. And they dont just do it to white folks. They do it to everyone, including eldery black folks. My heart just broke listening to this 55 year old black women who had to move after living in the same apartment for over 25 years cause she litteraly got jumped by a mob of black teens after trying to break up a fight between two of the teens. The others where there to watch the fight, and when she came out, the whole mob just turned on her.

10 mins in the oposite direction from me is your average middle class neighborhood. You NEVER hear of anything like that ever.

There are areas like that everywhere regardless of race. I've seen place like you describe in the States (I lived in Denver for a very long time and wouldn't have gone to a place called 5 point without a detachment of Marines), Today I live in France and there are places like that to. In Metz a city near by, there is Borny a burb where I wouldn't go even with a detachment of Marines. And there the race is not an issue. The folks there (if the name apply) are from all backgrounds. Some are "Roms" (settled Gypsies) some are Arabics some are Black Africans and some are from central Europe. Talk about a serious Heinz 57 mix. They would will kill each otherevery day (and sometimes they do) but if anyone would attempt to settle the fight, they will all jump on the poor bugger. It's what I call welfare mentality. Receiving money for doing nothing tend to do that to people.,

• Like 1

There are areas like that everywhere regardless of race. I've seen place like you describe in the States (I lived in Denver for a very long time and wouldn't have gone to a place called 5 point without a detachment of Marines), Today I live in France and there are places like that to. In Metz a city near by, there is Borny a burb where I wouldn't go even with a detachment of Marines. And there the race is not an issue. The folks there (if the name apply) are from all backgrounds. Some are "Roms" (settled Gypsies) some are Arabics some are Black Africans and some are from central Europe. Talk about a serious Heinz 57 mix. They would will kill each otherevery day (and sometimes they do) but if anyone would attempt to settle the fight, they will all jump on the poor bugger. It's what I call welfare mentality. Receiving money for doing nothing tend to do that to people.,

Sadly I agree with Paracelse.

Well, not sad that I agree with him, just sad that I believe it isn't a color thing, it's an ugly side of humanity thing.

Nibs

That's horrible, those kids should of been arrested. I bet when someone kills one of them trying to defend themselves they will be arrested.

I wouldn't of gotten out of the car and I would ran a red light.

Which is why concealed carry and stand your ground laws are so important.

In this case, however, the prudent thing for them to have done would have been to just egress the area and call the police.

And I agree, it's not a race thing at all. A gang is a gang and they can descend on anyone regardless of color.

Edited by Rafterman

It is not a color thing it is a mentality thing. But there definately is still a stigma with being black in this country just like there is with being a single mother. It is all connected and created by the people who control everybodies thoughts. And carrying guns isn't going to solve any problems. It is going to make them worse. We need to deal with the real issues in this country. And that should start with the courts which we aren't hearing anything about on the TV. Another of those real issues they don't talk about.

• Like 1

It is not a color thing it is a mentality thing. But there definately is still a stigma with being black in this country just like there is with being a single mother. It is all connected and created by the people who control everybodies thoughts. And carrying guns isn't going to solve any problems. It is going to make them worse. We need to deal with the real issues in this country. And that should start with the courts which we aren't hearing anything about on the TV. Another of those real issues they don't talk about.

I'm not looking to solve any problems with my Glock 23. I just want to be able to go downtown to watch Disney on ******* Ice with my family and get home without being raped and murdered in the street by a roving game of thugs.

The courts in this country do suffer from problems that need to be fixed. However, that has nothing to do with a roving gang of thugs attacking innocent people. Ask yourself what would happen if this situation was reversed and the gang of thugs was white and the victim was black. I think we all know what would happen. I also do not go looking to solve problems with my firearm. I don't go looking for problems period. It is unfortunate in areas of this country that are not Vermont that problems seem to find innocent people. Far too often the victims are said to be the problem. By victims I am not in anyway talking about the group of thugs, just to clarify. I simply have my firearm for when/or if problems find me, my wife, and kids. At that point I promise I have no problem solving them to defend my families life or property.

Mike

It is not a color thing it is a mentality thing. But there definately is still a stigma with being black in this country just like there is with being a single mother. It is all connected and created by the people who control everybodies thoughts. And carrying guns isn't going to solve any problems. It is going to make them worse. We need to deal with the real issues in this country. And that should start with the courts which we aren't hearing anything about on the TV. An yeother of those real issues they don't talk about.

You're absolutely right guns don't solve a thing but they are a deterrent. While in Denver I had weapons (legally mind you) and nothing ever happened in my home (no robberies or others) I could leave my car outside and no one would break in without living in a particularly safe neighborhood. Anyhow to make a long story short in the last 3 years since I'm in France I had two break ins attempt and one car theft. The worst part when I went to the cops and told them about it I was told NOT to defend myself, let them do their crap otherwise I will be in jail not them... talk about a screwed up socialo communist system where if you're a criminal you're in fact a victim of society.

The courts in this country do suffer from problems that need to be fixed. However, that has nothing to do with a roving gang of thugs attacking innocent people. Ask yourself what would happen if this situation was reversed and the gang of thugs was white and the victim was black. I think we all know what would happen. I also do not go looking to solve problems with my firearm. I don't go looking for problems period. It is unfortunate in areas of this country that are not Vermont that problems seem to find innocent people. Far too often the victims are said to be the problem. By victims I am not in anyway talking about the group of thugs, just to clarify. I simply have my firearm for when/or if problems find me, my wife, and kids. At that point I promise I have no problem solving them to defend my families life or property.

Mike

Believe me even in VT problems find innocent people. Apparently you people have never landed in one of our courts and been forced to plead guilty to someone elses crime because the court wants to protect their welfare check and create a bigger one rather than a child. That's just one way the courts create poverty and anger and crime. Innocent people do not stand by while women and children are being targeted in courtrooms, cowards and criminals do. Deal with the real issue, the courts, and that will be a deterrent. We don't need more Zimmerman's out there murdering innocent people because they look like some stereotype/lie created by our legal system. Stop targeting people and there won't be so much anger out there!

I live in the area and it has everyone very p***ed off that the police treated this hate crime as simple assault and then buried it and that the Virginia Pilot, the local paper, failed to even mention the assault for two weeks. Some local political commentators will be on O'reilly tonight discussing the issue. The two people that were attacked actually work for the Pilot so the editors knew what had happened.

• Like 1

Believe me even in VT problems find innocent people. Apparently you people have never landed in one of our courts and been forced to plead guilty to someone elses crime because the court wants to protect their welfare check and create a bigger one rather than a child. That's just one way the courts create poverty and anger and crime. Innocent people do not stand by while women and children are being targeted in courtrooms, cowards and criminals do. Deal with the real issue, the courts, and that will be a deterrent. We don't need more Zimmerman's out there murdering innocent people because they look like some stereotype/lie created by our legal system. Stop targeting people and there won't be so much anger out there!

You seem to make very broad assumptions based on a very, very small percentage of the population of this country. I will not go into the Zimmerman case that you seem to already make blind assumptions about. That is in another thread. So, according to you, people are not responsible for their own actions and it is always someone else's fault. Mainly white people and courts, and that if we just left everyone alone, quit trying to prosecute them for crimes that they commited, then everything would be ok. Hmmm, I can't put my finger on it, but something seems to be wrong with that thought process.

Mike

You seem to make very broad assumptions based on a very, very small percentage of the population of this country. I will not go into the Zimmerman case that you seem to already make blind assumptions about. That is in another thread. So, according to you, people are not responsible for their own actions and it is always someone else's fault. Mainly white people and courts, and that if we just left everyone alone, quit trying to prosecute them for crimes that they commited, then everything would be ok. Hmmm, I can't put my finger on it, but something seems to be wrong with that thought process.

Mike

No I think people should be responsible for thier own actions. That should be what our courts are about. As they are now that is not what they are about. They are about money. I think we are putting the wrong people in our prisons and I think it is being done purposely by the courts. I think most of the crime we see today is because of the actions of our courts and the people who own them and our government. I think it is created because there is big money in it. I think we need to clean up our courts and the way our society thinks. But it's hard to explain that to people who just sit back and everything magically falls into place and it's a perfect world without any real effort. It's a perfect world when you are the real criminal and they are targeting everyone else.

No I think people should be responsible for thier own actions. That should be what our courts are about. As they are now that is not what they are about. They are about money. I think we are putting the wrong people in our prisons and I think it is being done purposely by the courts. I think most of the crime we see today is because of the actions of our courts and the people who own them and our government. I think it is created because there is big money in it. I think we need to clean up our courts and the way our society thinks. But it's hard to explain that to people who just sit back and everything magically falls into place and it's a perfect world without any real effort. It's a perfect world when you are the real criminal and they are targeting everyone else.

I have no idea what you are talking about, are you afraid or ashamed of writing some details down?

You ramble on and on about things that make no sense what so ever. You are saying that the guy that is in jail for dealing crack cocaine is their because of the courts. That his actions did not put him there. I am the real criminal and all those sitting on death row are just targetted individuals that are completely innocent? I think before you start making accusations about things that you obviously don't understand, you need to do as Merc14 suggested and provide some examples of just what in the hell you are talking about.

Mike

You ramble on and on about things that make no sense what so ever. You are saying that the guy that is in jail for dealing crack cocaine is their because of the courts. That his actions did not put him there. I am the real criminal and all those sitting on death row are just targetted individuals that are completely innocent? I think before you start making accusations about things that you obviously don't understand, you need to do as Merc14 suggested and provide some examples of just what in the hell you are talking about.

Mike

No I am saying people are targeted by our system and people who ignore it are criminals. I didn't say anything about anyone dealing crack cocaine. I am saying a lot of crime is generated by targeting people, it creates anger. I am saying desperate and angry people do desperate things. And I am saying a lot of that is created by our system. I don't know how I can make it any more clear. People like to think there are all these horrible people out there. They don't think about the reasons they are doing the things they do.

Mike

It was a good start but she lost me also after "No I think people should be responsible for thier own actions." Each of those attackers should be facing a hate crime, pure and simple and have a permanent record because they obviously don't know how to act in civilized society. The youth today have no reason to be saying they are being held down when I've seen the bottom of the barrel students getting thousands in financial aid only to drop after a semester and keep the money and students who could make something of themselves but earn a little from part or full time work while studying are being told they "make too much money" and basically work their way through college. Either there is a way to work the system or there is favoritism being played or maybe even both are occurring...

No I am saying people are targeted by our system and people who ignore it are criminals. I didn't say anything about anyone dealing crack cocaine. I am saying a lot of crime is generated by targeting people, it creates anger. I am saying desperate and angry people do desperate things. And I am saying a lot of that is created by our system. I don't know how I can make it any more clear. People like to think there are all these horrible people out there. They don't think about the reasons they are doing the things they do.

I don't argue the fact that some people at some time or another are most likely targeted. I do not believe in any way form or fasion that it is as widespread as you say it is. All you are doing is making excuses for peoples actions. I get angry a lot, but I don't go out and kill somebody. Crime is not generated by targeting people. Crime doesn't have to be generated, crime is an action. A personal choice a person makes in most cases to commit a crime. Nobody made that person commit the crime in most cases. They chose to do it out of their own free will. You have got to be kidding me that the court system is making these people commit crimes. Look at the number of repeat offenders that get off with nothing but a slap on the wrist just to go right back out and commit the same freakin crime again if not worse. I have worked with countless numbers of inmates over the years and one common thing is true about almost all of them. If you ask them what they are going to do when they get out, they will tell you that they are going to do the same thing they did before they went in. I know you didn't mention crack cocaine. It was an example of a crime that is committed everyday in this country thousands of times over. It is also a crime that people are arrested for. Now, did the courts make that person do it? According to you they did. It was not that person's fault at all and in fact I am more of a criminal than he/she is because I don't believe the court system generates crime.

Mike

• Like 1

I don't argue the fact that some people at some time or another are most likely targeted. I do not believe in any way form or fasion that it is as widespread as you say it is. All you are doing is making excuses for peoples actions. I get angry a lot, but I don't go out and kill somebody. Crime is not generated by targeting people. Crime doesn't have to be generated, crime is an action. A personal choice a person makes in most cases to commit a crime. Nobody made that person commit the crime in most cases. They chose to do it out of their own free will. You have got to be kidding me that the court system is making these people commit crimes. Look at the number of repeat offenders that get off with nothing but a slap on the wrist just to go right back out and commit the same freakin crime again if not worse. I have worked with countless numbers of inmates over the years and one common thing is true about almost all of them. If you ask them what they are going to do when they get out, they will tell you that they are going to do the same thing they did before they went in. I know you didn't mention crack cocaine. It was an example of a crime that is committed everyday in this country thousands of times over. It is also a crime that people are arrested for. Now, did the courts make that person do it? According to you they did. It was not that person's fault at all and in fact I am more of a criminal than he/she is because I don't believe the court system generates crime.

Mike

I do believe the courts generate crime. And I'm talking lifetimes, generations of targeting. And people like you are the reason it continues. And people like you who choose to look at the moment everyone is in when that crime is committed instead of the years of targeting and harrassment and everything else this disgusting system we live in has thrown at them and stolen from them is why we have the crime and hatred we do in this country. People like you who like to blame people who have been victimized by a disgusting society who only thinks about money and holding onto whatever they could steal from those being targeted by this system. I don't feel sorry for any of your "victims". I feel sorry for women who have had their children stolen from them and I feel sorry for the children who are being passed around in homes with no protection so stupid, lazy people can make an easy buck. And I feel sorry for those children when they are old enough and angry enough to commit these crimes and end up spending thier lives in prison working for pennies for the stupid, lazy white trash that made this system what it is. And yes I do believe there are a lot of victims of this system. And no I don't believe you are the good decent person you pretend to be. I hope all people like you get exactly what you deserve. No one should be safe when children are being used in the manner they are in this country.

Who do you blame when a spoiled, rotten, rich, white kid constantly gets into trouble? Are they being targeted too?