Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mugger attack turns man in to math genius

Saru

After being attacked by muggers, Jason Padgett went from a college dropout to a mathematical genius.

Jason Padgett doesn't have a PhD, or a Masters degree. In fact, he dropped out of college and works at a futon store, but he is a mathematical genius and has been since being brutally attacked and kicked in the head by muggers a decade ago.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-buzz/jason-padgett-turns-math-genius-head-injury-153226692.html

A beautiful result out of an ugly incident.

Wish more cases like this were around, but I guess we don't need that many savants. =/

Just goes to show, we all have it in us, but it's been suppressed. We need to either activate it or deactivate what suppresses it. It'd help if we could get rid of the conditioning in our societies for an overwhelming over-use of left-brain functions while totally neglecting right-brain functions based on belief that they are useless and unreliable. Maybe David Icke is right in The Lion Sleep No More. For a short explanation search "David Icke: How To Free Your Mind" on youtube. Makes sense to me and this article just confirms it.

Could this be done without the mugging? Could a dubya become Brainiac after a bump on the head?

Is there a Savant Syndrome of girls? *innocent*

Just going to take a head-dive out my window :)

• Like 2

I'll be right back, I'm going to go smash my skull and see if I get better at math! :tu:

• Like 1

2 + 2 = umm.... *smashes forehead on desk* = 4

Holy crap it works! :tu:

• Like 2

He should have no problem "counting his blessings" then. :)

• Like 1

Reminds me of the term "knocking some sense into you" :)

• Like 2

I wonder if it has effected the DMT production in his brain? People that have taken the illegal drug DMT or magic mushrooms sometimes are able to see and understand complex patterns and thoughts. Unfortunately they are so intoxicated with the drug they are unable to write down or draw their experience and forget it soon after they come down.

I clicked on the link to see some of his drawings and they are really pretty. I mean, I guess as pretty as a shape or pattern can be.

It says hes a math genius but I don't understand how the genius extends past that of fractals of pi. Does he have an in depth grasp for more than one mathematical field? How far into geometry does his genius go? Does he only see the patterns or is there deeper understanding there?

It looks like I'll be hanging around the bad part of town today... dressed as an old woman.

Man... I need to get mugged....

Agreed, I must be due a good mugging then... :ph34r:

I guess I could mug a few of you.

With my luck, I'd get mugged and end-up needing to wear Huggies... and eating through a straw. :(

lol

I suppose that if I took a rubber mallet to my head the local psych ward would see things differently. Dang, maybe my elementary teacher should have slammed the ruler against my head instead of my knuckles. :)