Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

scariest urban legends

Old Man Waffles

hahaha lol sakari. i know its annoying, its just do it without noticing.

hahaha lol sakari. i know its annoying, its just do it without noticing.

Just playing with you :)

In Darkest Somerset at a certain cross roads people have reported having to stop their cars to let a platoon of Roman Soldiers cross in front of them,and also that the Soldiers feet are under the road surface.Apparently they look real and as you drive up you would naturally stop to let people in fancy dress cross,until the feet phenomenon is noticed..

teasehair2.jpg

Back in the 1960s, the beehive was a popular hairstyle for women. Some women went to extraordinary lengths to acquire one. One particular young girl decided to wrap her hair around bread dough to achieve maximum height for her beehive. After about three weeks of having this great beehive she started to complain to her mother that she was suffering severe headaches. She was finally taken to the hospital, being almost unconscious when she got there. It didn't take doctors too long to discover that the dough and her scalp were totally infested with maggots.

And this is one that I remember since I was told it by a fellow pupil at school:

A young girl named Lisa was left alone several nights as her parents worked late. Her parents bought her a dog to keep her company.

One night Lisa was awoken by a constant dripping sound. She got up and went to the kitchen to turn off the tap properly. As she was getting back into the bed she stuck her hand under the bed and the dog licked it to show that he was still there protecting her.

The dripping sound continued, so she went to the bathroom and turned off the tap properly in there, too.

She went back to her bedroom and stuck her hand under the bed, and the dog licked it again.

But the dripping continued, so she went outside and turned off the taps out there.

She came back to bed, stuck her hand under it, and the dog licked it again.

The dripping continued, drip, drip, drip.

This time she listened and located the source of the dripping — it was coming from her cupboard.

She opened the cupboard door, and there was her dog hanging upside down with its neck cut, and written on the window on the inside of the cupboard was, "HUMANS CAN LICK TOO!!!"

HHAHAHAHAHA THAT LAST ONE IS BRUTAL!!!!

The stories of La Lechuza used to kinda creep me out as a child. We'd share the tales at slumber parties. There are a lot of different versions of the creature but basically it's just a very large bird. (Much like Thunderbirds i suppose) It got really freaky for me when my sister and I were exchanging stories and my grandmother, after overhearing our conversation, told me she believed in La Lechuza. She seemed quite serious which was surprising since I had never thought her to be interested in "such nonsense". She told us that one night she went out to the back to get something. She noticed a larger egg shaped thing in the neighbor's backyard. She gave it a few curious glances then continued on her way until she heard movement. The object began walking! well it was more like wadding the way she describe. Frightened, she she quickly went back towards her house. She was afraid to look behind her but she said she heard the sound of wings flapping as she went inside.

Edit:

BTW- Lechuza is really just "owl" in spanish lol ^_^

Edited by Feenix Fire
  • Like 2

The stories of La Lechuza used to kinda creep me out as a child. We'd share the tales at slumber parties. There are a lot of different versions of the creature but basically it's just a very large bird. (Much like Thunderbirds i suppose) It got really freaky for me when my sister and I were exchanging stories and my grandmother, after overhearing our conversation, told me she believed in La Lechuza. She seemed quite serious which was surprising since I had never thought her to be interested in "such nonsense". She told us that one night she went out to the back to get something. She noticed a larger egg shaped thing in the neighbor's backyard. She gave it a few curious glances then continued on her way until she heard movement. The object began walking! well it was more like wadding the way she describe. Frightened, she she quickly went back towards her house. She was afraid to look behind her but she said she heard the sound of wings flapping as she went inside.

Edit:

BTW- Lechuza is really just "owl" in spanish lol ^_^

Iv heard a lot of different versions of this one also makes you kind of wonder where they originally got started in the first place. These monster size birds.

• Like 1

When I was a kid I tried doing the Bloody Mary thing. I closed my bathroom door (I didn't lock it) and had the lights off and I remember being so scared that she was gonna appear in the mirror and rip my face off. Of course nothing happened, but everyone told me I "did it wrong" and had to say her name like 67 times instead of just three...give me a break.

• Like 1

This one I heard in college-

It happened in Medical School hostel. It was August. New batch of student was in hostel. There was a newcomer girl very shy. So her senior decided to frightened her. They somehow manage to brought a human arm from Anatomy Department cadaver room. And placed this arm in girls bed after she was asleep. At night she felt wetness in her bed. And she noticed what was it and she remained silent. After some time seniors came to look how their prank was going. They looked from ventilator in her room. but they saw noone on bed they were terrified and broke the door.....looked around.....nobody was there.....where is she?.......then a girl scremed........and all looked up......the newcomer girl was sitting on the top of cupboard and eating that arm..........

Edited by Sunny Dole
  • Like 1

There was one urban legend that said you could not stare at the top of trees directly at night or else there would be a flying head or something. Come on, I did that many times, and nothing happened.

• 2 weeks later...

Here in Australia, over east there's the story of the Rambo grandma, who shot off 2 rapists testicles because they raped her daughter.

Not overly scary but an interesting one none the less.

Edited by ioppolo

Here in Australia, over east there's the story of the Rambo grandma, who shot off 2 rapists testicles because they raped her daughter.

nice aiming abilities for a grandma....

Are you talking about Ted's Cave?

http://www.angelfire...aver/page1.html

That thing is a fun story. Not over the top things flying at you from all directions. Really sets up an atmosphere. Just a shame that he didn't try to continue it or give it an ending in the 11 years he had. Wonder if he went back down :D

Wouldn't want to make a loud noise in her library, damn!

La Llorona :unsure2:

La Llorona ("The Weeping Woman") is a widespread legend in Mexico, the American Southwest, Puerto Rico Central and South America. Although several variations exist, the basic story tells of a beautiful woman by the name of Maria killing her children by drowning them, in order to be with the man that she loved. When the man rejects her, she kills herself. Challenged at the gates of heaven as to the whereabouts of her children, she is not permitted to enter the afterlife until she has found them. Maria is forced to wander the Earth for all eternity, searching in vain for her drowned offspring, with her constant weeping giving her the name "La Llorona".

In some versions of the tale, La Llorona kidnaps wandering children, or children who disobey their parents. People who claim to see her say she comes out at night or in the late evenings from rivers or oceans in Mexico. Some believe that those who hear the wails of La Llorona are marked for death, similar to the Gaelic banshee legend. She is said to cry "Ay, mis hijos! Ay, mis hijos!" which translates to "Oh, my children!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Llorona

My grandma use to tell us if we didn't behave or go to sleep she would get us. :passifier:

• Like 1

I think I read once that there was a bridge or a tunnel that a guy dressed as a bunny used to drag people and kill them. There was graffiti wherever it was that said Beware the Bunny or something, it just gives out a creepy feeling.

Does anyone remember seeing that somewhere?

• Like 1

I think I read once that there was a bridge or a tunnel that a guy dressed as a bunny used to drag people and kill them. There was graffiti wherever it was that said Beware the Bunny or something, it just gives out a creepy feeling.

Does anyone remember seeing that somewhere?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunny_Man

My grandmother told me a story about one of her male relatives (uncle, nephew, don't remember) that had gone out drinking and carousing one night long ago and on the way home, he spotted a very lovely, shapely woman walking down the street with long golden locks of hair going down her back but her face shrouded by the hair. After following the woman for some time trying to get her attention, the guy tries everything except manhandling her which eventually he does. He grabs her long beautiful hair which causes her to turn her head around enough for him to see that she has the face of a horse and that her hair doesn't feel like a woman's hair but that of a horse's mane. The guy runs like lightning to his house and the family finds him in a stupor and out of breath but later relates the story to them. Thus, he repents his wicked ways never to carouse again. Let that be a lesson to you all... :yes:;) never chase after shapely horses after drinking... :su In all seriousness, it's always told as a true story and in all the years that I've heard this story over and over again, it's never deviated from the first time I've heard it.

When I was a kid I tried doing the Bloody Mary thing. I closed my bathroom door (I didn't lock it) and had the lights off and I remember being so scared that she was gonna appear in the mirror and rip my face off. Of course nothing happened, but everyone told me I "did it wrong" and had to say her name like 67 times instead of just three...give me a break.

what i remember is say it 3 times, and splash the mirror with water.. like wet ur hand and splash it... 'course i never tried....

There's a man who grows watermelons. He makes a good living selling these watermelons, however, the local teenagers run rampnt across his crops at night, stealing and eating his profits. Finally, fed up, he walks outside and posts a sign. "WARNING, One of these watermelons is poisoned"

Satisfied, he goes in for the night. The next morning, he goes out to check his crops. Everythings fine. Grinning to himself, he picks a melon, cuts it and prepares to take a bite. Before he can, his eyes glance over at the sign he'd posted the night before, in large printed handwriting just under his letters reads, "NOW THERE'S TWO"

I liked this one...

There was one urban legend that said you could not stare at the top of trees directly at night or else there would be a flying head or something. Come on, I did that many times, and nothing happened.

I think I can vaguely remember being told something similar to that, except that the variation I heard was that you couldn't look at the top of the treeline while driving at night or something...or else you would see something moving at the top of the trees...

what i remember is say it 3 times, and splash the mirror with water.. like wet ur hand and splash it... 'course i never tried....

Yes, the most common version of if is that you lock your door, kill the lights, and say her name three times in the mirror. If that doesn't work, you have to say that you killed her baby, if that doesn't do it, try saying her name an odd number of times, or like 300 times, light some candles to make an altar on the sink, etc....its all very silly.

Edited by MetallicBlood

hey guys :D just wondering what you think is the scariest urban legend/s. and do you know any urban legends which hardly anyone knows about? cheers x

Sensei Waffles :P

9f1770846e5f935906cc996622edfdfa8e007be9da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709c3b71fa05c8a2f6439156bb1de5b3369.png

What is with the fancy text?

i'd have to say TEKE-TEKE is one scary urban legend..

I found this post about the legend .. most of them are freaky japanese urban legends and folklore...

:passifier: :passifier:

• Like 2