Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

One in seven thinks end of world is coming

Still Waters

I'll have some of that. Will it work a bit like this?

Yeah something like that, however it offers no protection against other disasters, just the end of the world.

Agreed,but why are all these folk getting up tight about it ?..To believe a race that has become extinct and would think a t.v is magic is total rubbish,their weekend pleasure wasn't going to the movies but doing human sacrifice.

The real bizarre thing is, these people aren't believing what the Mayans have predicted cos they didn't predict anything in particular. These people are believing what the scaremongers of this generation are selling as the "bonafide" translation of the Mayan Calendar - bunch of snake oil salesmen IMO, giving archeologists and sociologists/historians a bad name.

• Like 2

What is really weird is the fact the Mayan calendar is compared to the Gregorian one which is based on nothing.

Good for the world economy, all those people who re-mortgage and take out huge loans because the world is gonna end :)

Also good for small business :) invest in survival packages and long live food for all those people who gonna hide in their shelters....

I am certainly gonna buy shares in supermarket chains ;)

• Like 1

Good for the world economy, all those people who re-mortgage and take out huge loans because the world is gonna end :)

Also good for small business :) invest in survival packages and long live food for all those people who gonna hide in their shelters....

I am certainly gonna buy shares in supermarket chains ;)

That might be a great idea DvL...

1 in 7 believes this stuff?

That's somewhere around 50 MILLION potential customers (investors!) :-*

• Like 1

Agreed,but why are all these folk getting up tight about it ?..To believe a race that has become extinct and would think a t.v is magic is total rubbish,their weekend pleasure wasn't going to the movies but doing human sacrifice.

I'm having trouble understanding what you're trying to say here.

Are you claiming Mayans are inferior because they didn't have TV sets, and performed human sacrifices in their culture?

And that this had anything to do with something they wrote down, which was translated (who knows how accurately) years later by other people, creating loose theories, which became grandiose theories once people who could sell advertising time and movies about it caught on to the idea?

This isn't the first time you've called a culture simpleton savages, who supposedly set out to tell us all that the world is ending in 2012. You're buying a story that people are selling you, and directing your ill thoughts in the complete wrong direction.

I grow weary of this 2012 madness.. :angry:

• Like 1

Okay, you guys who thinks that end is near you can save your souls and give all the money you have. :innocent:

I can't belive people still believe this, I'd like to find the guy / girl who started all this and kick him / her in the ovaries / testicals

I grow weary of this 2012 madness.. :angry:

There'll always be something. This is nothing but a diagnosis that 50 million Americans have some sort of problem with rational and citical thinking.

It's a very bad statement.

How did you feel around this same time in 1999, when Y2K and millenial nonsense started being spewed everywhere?

hmmm... in 99 I was slightly concerned that my computer might not boot up the morning of 1 Jan 2000, but that was about it... I laughed at the millinialists, because I knew the new millinium didn't really start till 2001.

There'll always be something. This is nothing but a diagnosis that 50 million Americans have some sort of problem with rational and citical thinking.

It's a very bad statement.

"Nearly 15 percent of people worldwide believe the world will end during their lifetime"

How did this become about Americans again? :unsure2:

• Like 2

"Nearly 15 percent of people worldwide believe the world will end during their lifetime"

How did this become about Americans again? :unsure2:

Apparently, it's about eveeryone and you take some exception about me pointing out how many Americans that implies...~50 million.

If it makes you happy, that's about 1 billion people worldwide...meaning that there are about 6.95 billion non-Americans who believe this stuff too! And that's bad...really bad.

I'm not really sure it was even worth bringing the American issue up... :td:

But we can try something else!

Everyone's world will end...at the very end of their lifetime.

Edited by MID

What will all the online armchair pundits do when the date on December of this year comes and passes? Who will be left to mock and look down upon?

Well, there's still Americans. :P

I doubt some are really waiting for the day after, as much as enjoying telling others that they are.

Edited by _Only

What will all the online armchair pundits do when the date on December of this year comes and passes? Who will be left to mock and look down upon?

Well, there's still Americans. :P

I doubt some are really waiting for the day after, as much as enjoying telling others that they are.

It will happen.....

Thing is, no one told us the truth.

The world will end, and when it does, we will be put into a exact replica of our lives and world as we new it......We will not even notice it ended.

• Like 1

MID I think you are seriously over estimating the population of the world if you think that 6.95 billion people are 15%

Learn to fight the zombies, the end is coming.

Okay, I'm fairly certain after these last few replies that we are most likely headed for a never-ending, daily replicating war with zombies, who may or may not be hiding underground now, causing confusion in our world population figures.

Only thing that leaves me guessing is how the ancient aliens are involved in this inevitable impending scenario. None of you can logically deny that they are involved.

Okay, I'm fairly certain after these last few replies that we are most likely headed for a never-ending, daily replicating war with zombies, who may or may not be hiding underground now, causing confusion in our world population figures.

Only thing that leaves me guessing is how the ancient aliens are involved in this inevitable impending scenario. None of you can logically deny that they are involved.

Nichole Kidman can answer that one.....

nicole-kidman-space-alien-e.jpg

Apparently, it's about eveeryone and you take some exception about me pointing out how many Americans that implies...~50 million.

If it makes you happy, that's about 1 billion people worldwide...meaning that there are about 6.95 billion non-Americans who believe this stuff too! And that's bad...really bad.

I'm not really sure it was even worth bringing the American issue up... :td:

But we can try something else!

Everyone's world will end...at the very end of their lifetime.

I was just curious as to why you specifically pointed out how sad so many people in the US are when the topic was about the world population. So many threads, that have nothing to do with the US, get derailed because people seem to associate everything back to it. Many people say that Americans think everything centers around the US and yet I see many non-Americans relating topics that have nothing to do with the US back to it.

The world doesn't revolve around the US so it's a little pet peeve of mine. No hard feelings? :su

Is it bad if I don't care if the world ends or not

• Like 1

Is it bad if I don't care if the world ends or not

Not at all...

I think it should have at least a decade ago......I want it to.

• Like 1

Not at all...

I think it should have at least a decade ago......I want it to.

WHAT?! And miss out on final world peace sometime in the future! Oh no, no, no, we gotta see if that delusional dream comes about first before we call for the end of the world, man.

Where's your self-imposed optimism for godsakes?