Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

black 'thing' in a persons eye

sickpuppy

I don't really know how to explain this.. so i'll just try to spit it out..

I'm homeless recently, visiting a young lady i've known for some time, she's been in a bit of a bad way since she and her boyfriend split up and he got custody of their child.. i suppose i could explain that by simply saying she's a bit of a space cadet (eastern religions, intravenous drugs, etc)

anyway, i take a shower at her place and i'm sitting in her bedroom, and probably prompted by the towel on my head, she starts telling me about how a week previous, she was in the shower and she feels like something attacked her and (her words) possessed her...?

this doesn't really freak me out, as i've known her for some time and kinda used to her antics.. so i sit there and let the person tell their story, just listening (i can't forget to mention part of this story involves what she thinks are little 'creatures' that run in her room, but due to the overall pigsty-ness of the place, i was willing to think these are just rodents she's describing..)

so she finishes up telling me about this shower experience, then she goes on to explain how there's something in her eye.. it didn't make much sense (nor does it now as i tell it) and she puts a finger to the side of her eye (for leverage?) and makes her eyeball look away, like she's trying to show me this thing in her eye.. and then i see what i can only describe as like a black sludge, or even what appears to be like a leech or worm, but it's jet-black.. and it kinda.. well, it's like it was showing itself to me, it snaked out from the side of her eye (this is IN her eyeball!) and then snaked back instantaneously..

i was so... horrified.. my reaction was to grab her hand (kinda like what a grandma might've done?) and just gape at her..

she's got this look on her face (a kind of smirk?).. like.. now come on, you've seen this stuff before, don't freak out.. but no, i haven't seen anything like that before...

the obvious question is.. have any of you?

I've never seen it but whatever it is, I hope she can get it out...SOON!

The drug abuse and the preoccupation with these subjects could suggest demonic bondage. Also, I think she should consider having her eyes checked by an optometrist.

• Like 2

I c.an't believe the end of this story isn't "and then we grabbed the car and hitailed to the nearest hospital emergency dept where the good docs removed the slug (or whatever) from her eye. Seriously all you did was hold her hand and be "shocked"?

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 1

lol if this is true which i have no way of proving or disproving as i wasnt there, but entertaining the notion that this is true, im sure every one would freak out as much as you did. Libstaks hindsight does seem like the right thing to do but in your situation its not always easy to act completely rationly in as weirs a situation. That being said, we havent asked what happened next. what did happen next?

get to the hospital! Take this as a medical issue first then think of it as 'demonic'

• Like 2

i appreciate everyone not dismissing this,

there seems to be a natural progression of logic here in your replies (thanks)

of course i'd like to see her go to a doctor, and get the thing physically checked out so to speak, i've stated she is heavily into eastern religions and mysticism and i also have more than a passing interest in these things, i could have come up with the demonic possession bit myself, sorry if that comes across a bit mean, but i will address that issue further, i've stated the room was a 'pigsty' and mentioned intravenous drug-use, you must understand that short of dragging her to a hospital, i have no control over what she does and i always suggest (what i think to be) positive life changes which she doesn't want to hear anything about.. please keep in mind that i stated she looked at me with a smirk, and i got the impression immediately off her this was something i should keep my mouth shut about..

/takes a bit of a deep breathe

i know we've all probably seen those X-files episodes, with the black alien sludge..

if i'm not making myself clear..?

Seriously all you did was hold her hand and be "shocked"?

libstak... i've taken a lot of time to think about how i'd respond to this...

when you see something that you think belongs in a movie, and you keep your mind about you.. i will be highly impressed..

i suppose i entertain the notion of something akin to possession because of the associated info that i've mentioned, that, and i don't know of any medical condition that would do what i saw.???

this girl and her boyfriend were both extremelly well versed in the occult, more so than i, i would often pick their brains for info. there is something peculiar about all that, but i agree with you, a more rational explanation shouldn't be overlooked..

i am still keen to know if other people have encountered something like this..

[edit]

what did happen next?

nothing.. i would have ran out of the place if it did..

[edit]

i don't want you to think i'm irresponsible for not dragging her to the doctors, i care a lot about her and i often visit just to see how she's doing, but if you could please take into account how i've described a person who is on edge, under bad influences, etc.. please understand even just suggesting positive changes to her often elicits what could only be desribed as rage? if you can read between the lines then you know something strange is going on here.

Edited by unit

i appreciate everyone not dismissing this,

there seems to be a natural progression of logic here in your replies (thanks)

of course i'd like to see her go to a doctor, and get the thing physically checked out so to speak, i've stated she is heavily into eastern religions and mysticism and i also have more than a passing interest in these things, i could have come up with the demonic possession bit myself, sorry if that comes across a bit mean, but i will address that issue further, i've stated the room was a 'pigsty' and mentioned intravenous drug-use, you must understand that short of dragging her to a hospital, i have no control over what she does and i always suggest (what i think to be) positive life changes which she doesn't want to hear anything about.. please keep in mind that i stated she looked at me with a smirk, and i got the impression immediately off her this was something i should keep my mouth shut about..

/takes a bit of a deep breathe

i know we've all probably seen those X-files episodes, with the black alien sludge..

if i'm not making myself clear..?

libstak... i've taken a lot of time to think about how i'd respond to this...

when you see something that you think belongs in a movie, and you keep your mind about you.. i will be highly impressed..

i suppose i entertain the notion of something akin to possession because of the associated info that i've mentioned, that, and i don't know of any medical condition that would do what i saw.???

this girl and her boyfriend were both extremelly well versed in the occult, more so than i, i would often pick their brains for info. there is something peculiar about all that, but i agree with you, a more rational explanation shouldn't be overlooked..

i am still keen to know if other people have encountered something like this..

[edit]

nothing.. i would have ran out of the place if it did..

[edit]

i don't want you to think i'm irresponsible for not dragging her to the doctors, i care a lot about her and i often visit just to see how she's doing, but if you could please take into account how i've described a person who is on edge, under bad influences, etc.. please understand even just suggesting positive changes to her often elicits what could only be desribed as rage? if you can read between the lines then you know something strange is going on here.

Don't take her to a doctor but maybe a good Optometrist who should refer her to a Opthamologist.Explain to her that it is not anything to worry about as it is possibly just Floaters(Myodesopsia).Check the link and see if anything seems familiar to what you have seen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floaters

You can get anything from flukes to worms in your eyes, why hasn't she seen a doctor?

This reminds me of something I saw on the net once. It was a frog and it had a worm or something inside its eyeball. You could see it quite clearly wriggling about in there and didn't look very nice. I dread to think what that would be like in a human's eye.

You can get anything from flukes to worms in your eyes, why hasn't she seen a doctor?

Flukes and worms are a possibility but it is not common.If she has been an intravenous drug user,then she would have been open to catching HIV.IF she has and her CD4 cells are below 100 then floaters become a concern but can still be cured.

This is all conjecture but an optometrist would be my first place to visit and take it from there.

Flukes and worms are a possibility but it is not common.If she has been an intravenous drug user,then she would have been open to catching HIV.IF she has and her CD4 cells are below 100 then floaters become a concern but can still be cured.

This is all conjecture but an optometrist would be my first place to visit and take it from there.

This is the first time I've heard of someone seeing a floater moving across someone else's eye.

This is the first time I've heard of someone seeing a floater moving across someone else's eye.

Depends in what kind of light its been seen in really but the movement could be for a number of reasons due to the floaters-as i said its all conjecture but it was the intravenous drug use that caught my attention.Anyway i'd prefer floaters to the worm aspect-that can be very nasty

Edited by Dis Pater

You know when will you know if the person is a ghost? by looking at his/her black eye at the center, if you were upside down into his/her eyes, he is a ghost.

Part of me hopes that it's a physical manifestation of a demon or something, because thinking of the alternative, that some kind of worm is in there just gives me the shivers. It sounds like she's proud to have it there, whatever it is. You'll have to keep us updated, let us know if anything further happens.

Okay I did some searching around (and getting REALLY grossed out) and have concluded it's some kind of parasite. I read a similar description by a woman of what her husband was experiencing, with the addition that if he rubbed his eye, he could make it come out. Your friend sounds like she doesn't care about whatever's there so she probably doesn't want it out, even if a mere rubbing can get it out. Parasites can also affect the brain so that may also add to her belief of a demonic presence in her house.

• Like 1

I don't really know how to explain this.. so i'll just try to spit it out..

I'm homeless recently, visiting a young lady i've known for some time, she's been in a bit of a bad way since she and her boyfriend split up and he got custody of their child.. i suppose i could explain that by simply saying she's a bit of a space cadet (eastern religions, intravenous drugs, etc)

anyway, i take a shower at her place and i'm sitting in her bedroom, and probably prompted by the towel on my head, she starts telling me about how a week previous, she was in the shower and she feels like something attacked her and (her words) possessed her...?

this doesn't really freak me out, as i've known her for some time and kinda used to her antics.. so i sit there and let the person tell their story, just listening (i can't forget to mention part of this story involves what she thinks are little 'creatures' that run in her room, but due to the overall pigsty-ness of the place, i was willing to think these are just rodents she's describing..)

so she finishes up telling me about this shower experience, then she goes on to explain how there's something in her eye.. it didn't make much sense (nor does it now as i tell it) and she puts a finger to the side of her eye (for leverage?) and makes her eyeball look away, like she's trying to show me this thing in her eye.. and then i see what i can only describe as like a black sludge, or even what appears to be like a leech or worm, but it's jet-black.. and it kinda.. well, it's like it was showing itself to me, it snaked out from the side of her eye (this is IN her eyeball!) and then snaked back instantaneously..

i was so... horrified.. my reaction was to grab her hand (kinda like what a grandma might've done?) and just gape at her..

she's got this look on her face (a kind of smirk?).. like.. now come on, you've seen this stuff before, don't freak out.. but no, i haven't seen anything like that before...

the obvious question is.. have any of you?

First off. I am sorry you are homeless. Go to your nearest shelter and they can help with many aspects of this unfortunate circumstance. Next, get to an ER or Clinic to have her eye looked at. Could be a parasite of some kind or in both of your heads, I can't say from here. Next, get her to rehab. Having a child and being an addict is detrimental to her and the child. Go now, please.

thanks for being here all,

i'm familiar with floaters (a little) my dad reports them in his eye (can't really see them when looking in his eye) he describes them as like tiny insect skeletons, or dried leaves, and they kind of 'float' across his eyeball (as he looks around, i suppose?) what i saw in Mary's eye was huge, more like a leech than a worm, it was all in the white part of her eye, and i mean *IN* her eye, it didn't break the film of her eyeball, it just kind of 'snaked' across and back, ultra fast..

i suppose it's just all the extraneous info of the occult etc that could be making it more than it is..

[edit: just testing post, i appear to have been restricted in the forums i may post in?!? ...your doing, libstak???] O_o

robbie

thanks for the feeling and advice, robbie, but unless you've been in this situation before, nothing works out the way it's supposed to.. (nearly pmsl here) ..just take a look at the world today and you'll see what i mean.. but honestly, since you're the first person to pick up on that, i DO thank you. :) she doesn't have custody of her child, her ex-boyfriend has her. don't mention rehab to her unless you want to see an outburst.

i saw her today in the unemployment office, i was on the phone, obscured by a little partition thing (thankfully) and i hear a loud "yeah!? well **** you and hare krishna!" (they must've refused her some money or something?) then i see her storming out of the place, a security guard in close pursuit... so...ummm (?) just imagine someone like lindsay lohan, but angrier, and with no money...

...you can't reason with someone like that

my dad knows her also, one time we met her at the corner-store.. and soon after she's hitting us up for money, we're used to it and we've given stuff in the past, but i suppose my dad was in a bit of a mood and refused that time, offering instead some advice to get a food parcel, and at the time the job agencies were handing out $40 eftpos cards (for groceries) ...she went berserk and ranted and raved, passers-by were avoiding her and they looked scared.. we're just laughing and telling them not to worry..

...how do you deal with a person like that?

i'll read back on these posts again shortly and address anything i missed, thanks for your time here everyone.

Edited by unit

Okay I did some searching around (and getting REALLY grossed out) and have concluded it's some kind of parasite. I read a similar description by a woman of what her husband was experiencing, with the addition that if he rubbed his eye, he could make it come out. Your friend sounds like she doesn't care about whatever's there so she probably doesn't want it out, even if a mere rubbing can get it out. Parasites can also affect the brain so that may also add to her belief of a demonic presence in her house.

Totally agree. Parasite most likely.

My daughter had a black spot in her eye and it had to be removed. Turned out to be a piece of metal. No one knows how it got there as it never hurt her, I just happened to see it one day while looking at her.

The optometrist will numb her eye and hold it open with a mechanism and get it out. She won't feel anything really.

This was a stationary object a parasite may require surgery tho, I am not sure.

After reading the OP I googled for eye worms and was completely grossed out as well *shudder*

Unit, parasitic worms that live in the eyes are apparently (according to wiki and youtube) more common than we think, they're usually contracted when the person ingests the eggs, and then the worm migrates through the body.

I also watched a program "monsters inside me" where someone had a leech inside their nose without realising it.

Warning, if you watch any of this stuff on YouTube, do it on an empty stomach, pretty horrible stuff :/

Edited by airlybird
  • Like 1

After reading the OP I googled for eye worms and was completely grossed out as well *shudder*

Unit, parasitic worms that live in the eyes are apparently (according to wiki and youtube) more common than we think, they're usually contracted when the person ingests the eggs through undercooked meat or uneashed vegetables and then the worm migrates through the body, but some eye worms can be contracted through and animal of fly bite (but those cases tend to be only common in under developed countries)

I also watched a program "monsters inside me" which featured someone who had a leech inside their nose for quite a long time without realising it was there until it poked it's head out one day.

Warning, if you watch any of this stuff on YouTube, do it on an empty stomach, pretty horrible stuff :/

< is not googling 'eye worms' lol

• 1 month later...

OP, I'm really sorry to hear that you're currently homeless. I know how it feels as I have been homeless several times, myself.

Secondly, it sounds like a parasite and if, as you say, there is no reasoning with her then you're probably not going to make her see sense but at least try and get yourself sorted so you're away from that apartment.

Thirdly, it sounds as if her drug use has caught up with her. The delusions of demonic possession and anger outbursts are clear indications of this. And if her house is as nasty as you say lord knows what's lurking around in there for you both to get ill on.

Lastly, I hope you find your feet, but my advice is not to give her any money or help her financially, because it's likely she's just living off this. Until she hits utter, rock bottom she will never get help.

Best wishes.

• Like 1

I just googled "eye worms". Totally worth bringing this thread back for.