Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Challenge

ZaraKitty

Do you really believe that someone can look it to the future, specifically yours just be learning about your life? Why do you waste money on these people instead of taking charge of your own life? How do you bend the space time continuum and so casually glace in the future? I am a skeptic of such things, and am laying down a challenge with no reward other then the satisfaction of proving that you can bend space and time. I will give you some leeway and tell you SOME things if 'needed'

Tell me any major aspects of my life without me telling you anything about myself, any very near future aspects. Then, tell me how you got to know such things. I will lay down and accept that time has been distorted.

Just be aware, ZK, that a good cold-reader (or in this case, perhaps 'warm'..) can use some very clever trickery. In particular, if you post elsewhere, even if under a completely different name and even if you have been very careful to segregate identities.. a scammer may be able to find a trail..

Just sayin.. B)

I offered a challenge for remote viewing claiments on here, no one bothered to try in the end.

Haha, that awkward moment when photons are the only things in the universe that can distort time. I don't like scammers. You can give people hope without it being a false hope.

• Like 2

I will take your challenge and read you. I do not know you or will I try to find other posts from you. Future well I never claim I can see the future but I am a mind reader and I bet I can read yours. So if you are up to me reading your mind then respond back and I will do so. Thank you because I know for a fact there are good readers out there and I feel I am one. Plus I have many boards with great responses to what I am seeing and even on here I have many responses of helping people. Thanks ST

• Like 1

Challenge accepted. Give me a time and I'll be there, should we do it in private chat or on here?

Zara, may I strongly suggest this be done in the public forum, so that any attempts to cold-read be spotted? If you do this in private, I suggest you acquaint yourself with cold-reading techniques. May I offer:

http://rationalwiki....ki/Cold_reading

(a good introduction)

http://denisdutton.c...old_reading.htm

(heavy going but worth it)

Note that I'm not having a shot at you, Sensitivetouch. Indeed I'll be absolutely delighted if you can come up with the goods. But the problem is, some cold-readers don't actually realise they are doing it, and are genuinely convinced of their own abilities because what happens makes their clients, and them, believe that the reading is real and unbiased. Some of these techniques are very subtle and may be done sub-consciously or initially accidentally...

Edited by Chrlzs

Ok then. On here. I am aware of cold reading, I used to do it in a sort of way when I met new people (that is, judging who they are/type of person they are) by observing body language. It was interesting.

Anywho, tell me what you got.

I am excited to try. Remember I am attempting to read your mind. So what I will hear and see should have a direct connect with you, either past or present. I often wonder if some people want it so bad they make it work but then the names the places come from somewhere and when they match I feel good and so do they. I will try to do it at the same time I am in Michigan. I can do this late at night when I have peace and quite if that works with you. Thanks

You know what bugs me is we meaning and they know who I am talking about. We read people day and night and we do not get paid. To help if we can. This stuff we do takes time and energy and sleepless nights for what? Then some young person wants to challemge us. At first I have no problems but now I do , I let down people who has been for me. And I am sorry to them. All we do is offer what we see and here. Most people are in how we do it. And it is sad after hundreds to thousands of reads we still have to prove. Not anymore. I wish luck. Thanks Rick Waid

Edited by sensitive touch
  • Like 1

I suspect the OP is wanting to use other people to validate the existence of something rather than do the work themselves. A lot of people are like that and look to outer, external things, other people to sort their beliefs out instead of do the ground work themselves. They make challenges with little respect as their is an air of "entertain me", show me how ridiculous you are not, and on the premise you can actually appeal me, I may give you the benefit of the doubt and then you are useful to me. This kind of attitude I can't stand, and it's not about science, not if you are on a site anyway trying to set up poxy challenges. The lack of people coming forward to accept said challenges is more about the fact that most have been tested and played the game of jumping hoops one too many times. I don't speak for all, but for myself and those who i can count on 2 fingers who I trust.

Sounds balshy? heh it's just the other side of the coin, the counter balance for the amount of disrespect readers, mediums, psychics get in general. Too many people (not all) are super happy to generalise and paint all with one brush when it comes to something like this. It doesn't matter if we pass their tests, it may make them more open minded for a while, but if a person has doubt and they are seeking everywhere but themselves to understand, then they are always going to feel a disconnect from understanding the elements of a connected awareness and consciousness that makes all this possible.

Those still performing for party tricks for those who want entertainment, are both the same in serving each other a common ego trip. Harsh to say, but i went through it so I know all to well, I know of others who went through it too, and there comes a time when it just doesn't matter or become important any more to prove yourself to others that way or be centre of the party/limelight.

I work with those who really need the help and its not my ego judging or driving what i do any more, but my guides and higher self. In my experience this is also where the good geniuan readers end up, there is something called a spiritual journey or development that goes hand in hand with all this and it can be life changing, how can it not be ?

Working with multi perspectives and using that part of your soul and consciousness changes a person from their egotist, materialistic self. Others may achieve it in other fields by becoming dedicated to their true talents and creativity, but it's a path, a journey none the less, which is transforming beyond the materialistic comprehension. So if you don't 'get this', and can't 'respect this' view then just accept it's something different than what you know, but not impossible. So do not shun it. It doesn't hurt who you are shunning, just your own self awareness.

No one here has to prove or justify themselves to the ego desires from those who have not walked the same path. Alternatively the ones which give this field a bad name are walking a different path. Do people wish to stop and understand this? mostly not, but i will say what i think any way even if i it falls on deaf ears.

When i said earlier that everyone goes thru this ego stage, it's part of learning, but it is in my opinion a junction one comes to whether they chose the non ego way or the ego self serving way. The ones who get greedy and self interested and are fueld by the fame game are simply allowing themselves to be exploited by those who want to control them (various agencies who employ their services) or be entertained. It's like exploitation meeting exploitation, the relationship is balanced of one serving the other in the game of self service. These people do not make it all happen by themselves, they get involved with the wrong sort who are ready to exploit them for their own ends and so on. You can guarantee that those who exploit are always being exploited by something bigger and better than them too. It's the nature of that path and that game. It's no different to other shady business practises that you get in all walks of life. It's nothing more or nothing less, people either grow up to be self serving or not and it is that which dictates eventually their every motive and agenda. /rant.

There is a good search function on this site, if you are curious to see how well a reader has done and if you like their style then i suggest that's probably the best way to further inform yourself.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
  • Like 5

:clap::clap::clap: YAYAYYAYAA!!!!!!!!!!!! bLu3 you said that great!!! So well done!!! And ST, I appaud you, I know how talented you are, very!! You don't have to prove it time and time again.... :tu:

Conversely, how would we know that the responses from the person being read are honest, and not fabricated in order to provide support for their argument/challenge? I've done readings where people absolutely denied circumstances or information that I delivered, then later talked to me about it as if they had never denied it. I'm not saying the OP is dishonest, just that it is fair to be sceptical of both parties and that we are all subject to influences of which we are sometimes unaware of. Re: readings, I always say take what you want, and leave the rest; it may not have any value to you at all. I just give the message and let it go.

• Like 3

ST, nice to see you back!!

Beany, you are sooooo right, I've had this happen too. It's amazing....

Mattshark you never asked me?

I asked on here numerous time over the years for people to describle my computers work area. You are free to try.

I suspect the OP is wanting to use other people to validate the existence of something rather than do the work themselves. A lot of people are like that and look to outer, external things, other people to sort their beliefs out instead of do the ground work themselves. They make challenges with little respect as their is an air of "entertain me", show me how ridiculous you are not, and on the premise you can actually appeal me, I may give you the benefit of the doubt and then you are useful to me. This kind of attitude I can't stand, and it's not about science, not if you are on a site anyway trying to set up poxy challenges. The lack of people coming forward to accept said challenges is more about the fact that most have been tested and played the game of jumping hoops one too many times. I don't speak for all, but for myself and those who i can count on 2 fingers who I trust.

Sounds balshy? heh it's just the other side of the coin, the counter balance for the amount of disrespect readers, mediums, psychics get in general. Too many people (not all) are super happy to generalise and paint all with one brush when it comes to something like this. It doesn't matter if we pass their tests, it may make them more open minded for a while, but if a person has doubt and they are seeking everywhere but themselves to understand, then they are always going to feel a disconnect from understanding the elements of a connected awareness and consciousness that makes all this possible.

Those still performing for party tricks for those who want entertainment, are both the same in serving each other a common ego trip. Harsh to say, but i went through it so I know all to well, I know of others who went through it too, and there comes a time when it just doesn't matter or become important any more to prove yourself to others that way or be centre of the party/limelight.

I work with those who really need the help and its not my ego judging or driving what i do any more, but my guides and higher self. In my experience this is also where the good geniuan readers end up, there is something called a spiritual journey or development that goes hand in hand with all this and it can be life changing, how can it not be ?

Working with multi perspectives and using that part of your soul and consciousness changes a person from their egotist, materialistic self. Others may achieve it in other fields by becoming dedicated to their true talents and creativity, but it's a path, a journey none the less, which is transforming beyond the materialistic comprehension. So if you don't 'get this', and can't 'respect this' view then just accept it's something different than what you know, but not impossible. So do not shun it. It doesn't hurt who you are shunning, just your own self awareness.

No one here has to prove or justify themselves to the ego desires from those who have not walked the same path. Alternatively the ones which give this field a bad name are walking a different path. Do people wish to stop and understand this? mostly not, but i will say what i think any way even if i it falls on deaf ears.

When i said earlier that everyone goes thru this ego stage, it's part of learning, but it is in my opinion a junction one comes to whether they chose the non ego way or the ego self serving way. The ones who get greedy and self interested and are fueld by the fame game are simply allowing themselves to be exploited by those who want to control them (various agencies who employ their services) or be entertained. It's like exploitation meeting exploitation, the relationship is balanced of one serving the other in the game of self service. These people do not make it all happen by themselves, they get involved with the wrong sort who are ready to exploit them for their own ends and so on. You can guarantee that those who exploit are always being exploited by something bigger and better than them too. It's the nature of that path and that game. It's no different to other shady business practises that you get in all walks of life. It's nothing more or nothing less, people either grow up to be self serving or not and it is that which dictates eventually their every motive and agenda. /rant.

There is a good search function on this site, if you are curious to see how well a reader has done and if you like their style then i suggest that's probably the best way to further inform yourself.

The reason there is little respect though is because no one has ever managed to successfully demonstrate these powers in controlled conditions or to explain the massive issues with physics and biochemistry,

• Like 1

This subject came up for me when I was reading another topic, people reading other people's future and I remembered being told about cold reading. I set out this challenge because I can't stand people being given false hope, you can tell someone their future is going to be bright without cold reading.. You proved me right. Photons are the only beings that can tell the future. Maybe someone will prove me wrong one day. Maybe.

Obvious response, if you can tell the future, why haven't you won the lottery?

• Like 1

This subject came up for me when I was reading another topic, people reading other people's future and I remembered being told about cold reading. I set out this challenge because I can't stand people being given false hope, you can tell someone their future is going to be bright without cold reading.. You proved me right. Photons are the only beings that can tell the future. Maybe someone will prove me wrong one day. Maybe.

Obvious response, if you can tell the future, why haven't you won the lottery?

The answer is simple - if everyone who could read the future could see the lotto numbers the number of self serving materialistic souls on this planet would shoot through the roof, the temptation to use the information for hoarding and greeding would be just that great.

There are laws in the material world that psychics more than many understand well - the most commonly understood are Karma and cause and effect - basically the same law said in different ways. Another way of saying it is you reap what you sow aka: you EARN good karma and the opportunity that may arise from it.

Now, knowing the lottery numbers for many souls would qualify as "good karma" as far as their understanding of the nature of life goes. That's just poppycock, we gain as much from what we are not made to face in life as the experiences that we do. For instance, winning the lotto only gives you money, not love, not friendship and definitely not any automatic guarantee of happiness. The effect could easily be the exact opposite - people are known to kill for money and friends have become enemies, even families are torn asunder. So how is it a "gift" to provide this information to a psychic? In rare instances it may be and there are those that have dreamt winning numbers but for most souls the "gift" is that these false opportunities for the ego of greed to act are kept from us, that is as it should be - even and probably especially a highly accurate psychic will not be led to those things which will lead them astray. Where the opposite is true, the opposite applies. I always believe the people who win are the correct winners in those matters.

The same formula applies to all information accessed. In the simplest terms, you are given what it is your lot to receive regarding information on future events and generally speaking unless you are into some very dark practices what you provide to others is as much as it is beneficial in any way for them to know.

I speak from experience, I am not a "psychic" but I do have dreams that have come true - on 2 separate occassions they have been about significant windfalls even (not fortunes but enough to provide the securities and opportunities I needed at the time) but I do not choose what information comes to me in a dream or when. I cannot ask a question before going to sleep and receive the answer in the dream state nor can I ever know that on any particular night the dream I had will be one of those types of dreams. It annoyed and scared me for many years (like most people I also experienced nightmares, imagine not knowing whether some of them were going to transpire :cry: ) but over many years I have discovered that most of these dreams have been benign messages that I am not alone, that the path I walk is just fine and that people around me are either good friends or best avoided.

I have never dreamt any major world event or catastrophe except one and that was only because it affected me personally, it wasn't a "catastrophe" it was an explosion at a gas plant which left our entire State without gas for hot water for about a week and that was really more amusing in the way we all dealt with it and cold showers (just as in my dream a good month previous, I was laughing about my new found super human speed in showering and dressing due to only having a small electric heater instead of central gas heating and hot water available, thereby getting me to work earlier than usual :w00t: ).

• Like 2

The answer is simple - if everyone who could read the future could see the lotto numbers the number of self serving materialistic souls on this planet would shoot through the roof, the temptation to use the information for hoarding and greeding would be just that great.

Nothing stopping them from donating the money to those who need it.

A more logical answer is they can't see the future.

• Like 1

There are laws in the material world that psychics more than many understand well - the most commonly understood are Karma and cause and effect - basically the same law said in different ways. Another way of saying it is you reap what you sow aka: you EARN good karma and the opportunity that may arise from it.

Now, knowing the lottery numbers for many souls would qualify as "good karma" as far as their understanding of the nature of life goes. That's just poppycock, we gain as much from what we are not made to face in life as the experiences that we do. For instance, winning the lotto only gives you money, not love, not friendship and definitely not any automatic guarantee of happiness. The effect could easily be the exact opposite - people are known to kill for money and friends have become enemies, even families are torn asunder. So how is it a "gift" to provide this information to a psychic? In rare instances it may be and there are those that have dreamt winning numbers but for most souls the "gift" is that these false opportunities for the ego of greed to act are kept from us, that is as it should be - even and probably especially a highly accurate psychic will not be led to those things which will lead them astray. Where the opposite is true, the opposite applies. I always believe the people who win are the correct winners in those matters.

The same formula applies to all information accessed. In the simplest terms, you are given what it is your lot to receive regarding information on future events and generally speaking unless you are into some very dark practices what you provide to others is as much as it is beneficial in any way for them to know.

I speak from experience, I am not a "psychic" but I do have dreams that have come true - on 2 separate occassions they have been about significant windfalls even (not fortunes but enough to provide the securities and opportunities I needed at the time) but I do not choose what information comes to me in a dream or when. I cannot ask a question before going to sleep and receive the answer in the dream state nor can I ever know that on any particular night the dream I had will be one of those types of dreams. It annoyed and scared me for many years (like most people I also experienced nightmares, imagine not knowing whether some of them were going to transpire :cry: ) but over many years I have discovered that most of these dreams have been benign messages that I am not alone, that the path I walk is just fine and that people around me are either good friends or best avoided.

I have never dreamt any major world event or catastrophe except one and that was only because it affected me personally, it wasn't a "catastrophe" it was an explosion at a gas plant which left our entire State without gas for hot water for about a week and that was really more amusing in the way we all dealt with it and cold showers (just as in my dream a good month previous, I was laughing about my new found super human speed in showering and dressing due to only having a small electric heater instead of central gas heating and hot water available, thereby getting me to work earlier than usual :w00t: ).

Very interesting. That I would have faith in, dreams are so unknown and could hold much potential.

LOL!!! You made me smile irl >_< haha! Argh, I don't like cold showers! Or rushing to work xP

Nothing stopping them from donating the money to those who need it.

A more logical answer is they can't see the future.

That is as simplistic as saying they should see the numbers in the first place. There is nothing stopping them from donating the money but there may be a great many very human failings that would have them keep it and use it for purposes that would do them no good or see no good done to them. You are welcome to your view on logic,as it sits well with what you understand of life but I do not share it.

Edited by libstaK

That is as simplistic as saying they should see the numbers in the first place. There is nothing stopping them from donating the money but there may be a great many very human failings that would have them keep it and use it for purposes that would do them no good or see no good done to them. You are welcome to your view on logic,as it sits well with what you understand of life but I do not share it.

So human failings prevent them from entering the lottory? Sorry, this sounds like a cop out. If human failings were such a problem, they'd never leave the safety of their house, or leach off the naive.

'

I like how you think all these 'psychics' live by a code of 'I won't win the lottery, not for me, not for the cancer kids foundation.. not anyone!!'