Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bitterroot Footage

Feenix Fire

I wasn't quite sure where to place this. If it's in the wrong place or has been posted before, I apologize. I stumbled this site and found it interesting.

This guy bought a bunch of junk on craigslist. With it, there was this box with strange and creepy photos, an 8mm film reel, and the word Bitterroot written on it. He says he took a look at the film and found it disturbing. He's posted photos of the photos. lol And will soon be posting a vid with the film. I don't know what to make of this. Honestly, it has a Cloverfield, movie promotion feel to it. I was wondering if anybody knows anything about this.

http://www.thebitter....com/story.html

Found a vid he posted on youtube.

Edited by Feenix Fire
  • Like 1

Interesting find, Feenix. Looking forward to seeing the full footage. :)

I noticed on the first link that there was a mention that his friend who's helping him with the film footage goes by the name Dario. Not an extremely uncommon name, but it immediately brought to mind Dario Argento. First thought was that it was a shout-out/tribute to him. Most horror fans adore the work of Argento, therefore, it would make sense that an independent film would include his name and many of the elements we see on the site. The build-up of mystery. *cues music* :::dun dun dun:: I noticed also when I went to the first video you posted that comments have been disabled. On the only other video posted by this user, there are comments - one in particular mentions Dario Argento. So, it appears I'm not the only one thinking along the same lines. I like found footage films if they are well-made. It'll be interesting to see what comes of this, and yes, I'll be on that site on the 12th to see the film.

Yeah feels like a movie promotion.

Even if this is fake, this sets up a pretty cool premise for a movie and cannot wait for the result. This is an interesting urban legend with garage sale item turning sinister along that line.

NOTE: This is not viral marketing for any film. It's just a film I found. I'm not selling anything.

the above is taken for chad logans other video....plot thickens or defiantly viral marketing now? lol

It's caught my attention, I'm waiting for the upload to finish for the whole video lol

I'll check it out, but I'm sure it won't be as good as Blair Witch.

Not sure what that was about but may be a set up for a film or just some film students screwing around.

I'm almost certain this is going to become the next blair witch project.

• Like 1

The big tip-off here is on the main page, you can like this on facebook and there's also the twitter link. Why go to all of the trouble of setting up a web site, etc. in lieu of simply going to paranormal message boards to discuss it? I'm guessing it'll be an "I-documented-what-was-happening-when-I-started-freaking-out-after-seeing-this-eerie-film-and-weird-photos-which-I-found-in-a-locked-box-that-must-have-a-curse-attached-to-it-and-began-being-haunted-by-a-dark-hooded-figure" type paranormal film, **cue scooby doo theme song** Frankly, this "found" film footage really does look like a student film. Now, we simply await the next installment - most likely a filmed interview with "Chris" who sold the box to "Chad", to kind of gauge whether this will be a web-based thing like The Haunting of Sunshine Girl, or an indie film.

• Like 1

It feels like another Gabel film in the making hasn't anyone learned from that hoax?

That was a waste of 4:51. Nothing interesting happened.

Clearly a fake stunt, but at least it was an entertaining one.

I know that this couldn't have been real because there is no way that you could walk around holding an 8MM camera without someone hearing you, and the omnimus "ambient" soundtrack just makes it more obvious, but yeah.

Well, I'll just have to watch it over at the library.Just thought i'd check in before i go to lunch.The photos certainly look old, like from the 1900s.

However to see if they are authentic, one would need to go to maybe a film expert like Kodak or some university to have them analyzied

for the age.Will have to wait till i can view the film,to see what they did,if it is a student film.

The one photo of the figure looks like it was taken at some old ruined house or building.The kitchen scene with the body wrapped in chains looks old.The lineoleum flooring and kitchen table date to around that era.From the title Bitteroot thought it was about some wise woman in Appalachia who went around collecting roots to sell for a living.Many people in the hills gathered sassafrass,wild ginsing,and other plants and herbs for medical houses back in the day.

Michigan Dogman anyone?

Though the guys that did that did make it look like a authentic home movie.. riding bikes.. chopping wood.. etc.. that one 'nearly' had me

• Like 1

Pretty creepy stuff but thats the problem. Whoever filmed this was obviously trying to make something creepy.

• Like 1

Post deleted.

Edited by Sakari

Pretty creepy stuff but thats the problem. Whoever filmed this was obviously trying to make something creepy.

I noticed that too. Lots of random shots of trees, door frames, skylines etc. mixed in there. Some with wierd and akward angles that seem forced. This film seems to have a very obvious, defined and over done style. Doesn't seem legit in the slightest. At some points the camera-person is at 90 degrees to the hooded figure. If not for the hood on it's head, peripheral vision would give the person away.