Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
DKO

Atheist jailed for posting on Facebook -

80 posts in this topic

And, I was just saying how religion is dangerous.. :no:

Not every "religion" is dangerous. I have yet to meet people who lie awake at night, fearing attacks by the Amish. Or by radical Bahaii followers. I doubt that you are.

*Some* religions are dangerous. You have to look at the content of the religion and at the behaviour of its followers.

1 person likes this

Not sure why you wish to make a comedy of this but do as you want.

I have no respect for prophets, let alone a pedophilic one.
2 people like this

An account in Gesta Francorum (The Deeds of the Franks) describes the massacre of the inhabitants of Jerusalem, Moslems and Jews:

The defenders fled along the walls and through the city, and our men pursued them killing and cutting them down as far as Solomon’s Temple, where there was such a massacre that our men were wading ankle deep in blood … Then the crusaders rushed around the whole city, seizing gold and silver, horses and mules, and looting the housing that were full of costly things. Then, rejoicing and weeping from excess of happiness, they all came to worship and give thanks at the sepulchre of our saviour Jesus. Next morning, they went cautiously up the temple roof and attacked the Saracens, both men and women [who had taken refuge there], cutting off their heads with drawn swords … Our leaders then gave orders that all the Saracen corpses should be thrown outside the city because of the stench, for almost the whole city was full of dead bodies … such a slaughter of pagans had never been seen or heard of, for they were burned in pyres like pyramids, and none save God alone knows how many they were.

Source: Knight, Honest to Man: p82-83.

Quite the humanitarians.

That is about how Al Quaeda and similar groups behave today. So what is it.... being stuck in the 7th century is defensible or indefensible?

Should you not answer some questions if you live in a modern society and want to revert it to what you describe above? Do you feel "pushed" if asked about that? Pushed to do what?

1 person likes this

sounds like something out of family guy

Freedom of religion without freedom from religion isn't freedom. It is religious fascism. Fascism in all its forms is just plain wrong.

Edited by Darkwind