Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UN Says US should return Mnt Rushmore

OverSword

From the article:

A UN human rights official is urging the U.S. to turn over control of lands considered to be sacred to Native Americans, including the site of the Mount Rushmore National Memorial.

James Anaya, the UN special rapporteur on the rights of indigenous peoples, unveiled his recommendations in Geneva on Friday after completing a 12-day visit to the U.S. where he met with representatives of indigenous peoples in six states.

The fact-finder also had a chance to meet members of the Obama administration and briefed the U.S. Senate Committee on Indian Affairs, but no member of Congress agreed to meet with him.

I hope that the site the UN building is sitting on is one of the sites sacred to indigenous Americans which they reccomend we give back.

http://A UN human ri...ional Memorial.

Edited by OverSword

What is going on in the world today? America is losing it's freedoms from within by our politicians, out side forces are taking power and governing us once again. When I was sworn into the military I vowed to protect this country from threats outside and in.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

I did not take this lightly, nor did I watch fellow brothers and sister die, as well as, see and do things most never could imagine. And for what??? So a domestic power can come in and tell us what to do? The UN stepped in for the first time with the Treyvon Martin case, saying they themselves would draw charges against the shooter if we didn't. This isn't only illegal and they have no power here, it's unconstitutional.

Our President is on a mission to create a Communist state he fails to see we're under attack from the outside as well. After he achieves his goal of being America's first dictator he will be disappointed as he'll realize he's lost this country and all power to the UN!

• Like 3

i must say, it makes me smile how people don't seem to realise that rhetoric about Communist states and Dictators, when talking about, it seems, any subject at all which comes up concerning anything in the U.S., really doesn't do the strength of their argument any favours. What has this particular subject got to do with his Dictatorial ambitions?

• Like 2

i must say, it makes me smile how people don't seem to realise that rhetoric about Communist states and Dictators, when talking about, it seems, any subject at all which comes up concerning anything in the U.S., really doesn't do the strength of their argument any favours. What has this particular subject got to do with his Dictatorial ambitions?

Because as President it is his duty to tell the UN to butt the heck out...

Personally, I all ways thought it should be reservation land myself.......Check it out yourself, read about it, research.

• Like 1

Personally, I all ways thought it should be reservation land myself.......Check it out yourself, read about it, research.

Perhaps - and actually I'm surprised it's not... but it is NOT the UN's job to mandate that...

Perhaps - and actually I'm surprised it's not... but it is NOT the UN's job to mandate that...

That I agree with.....

So it's okay for the United States to tell people in other countries what to do and what not to do, especially when it comes to human rights, but not when someone else does it to us?? Talk about hypocritical. :tu:

• Like 1

Terms like communism, dictatorship, and totalitarianism have basically lost all real meaning around here given how often they get thrown around. People really should actually understand a term before they apply it to a situation. Otherwise it just makes their argument look foolish.

• Like 1

Dear America,

See how it feels?

Love - the rest of the world.

• Like 3

Perhaps it is a bit of hyperbole. But tensions over the present administration and the former to some extent are at a simmering boil. Having the bloody UN come in to direct ANYTHING concerning our sovereignty is anathema to Americans. They allow genocide in Syria yet they want to make sure we are voting properly? They muck about in so called peace missions while both parties rearm... who the HELL are they to tell Americans how to handle our internal issues? And would YOU be so sanguine if the EU came and began to sort out personal political problems within Britain? I think not!

• Like 1

If the UN wants the US to comply, they should do what they do to everyone else. Put some kind of sanctions in place. If the US decides they don't want European cars, and medicines, then we'll just keep on as we are now.

. . . it was just a recommendation. .. it has no power.

I agree, it shouldn't have been taken how it was. However, as Taun said, it's not and the monument has become an American Icon. When are we going to stop degrading the things that have shaped our country by taking God out of everything, manipulating and denying the constitution and bill of rights, defacing and destroying monuments that were built to unify and show our countries strength and pride.. By doing these things, we are simply destroying our national pride. This pride and strength we had as a unified nation is what made us what we once were.. I am not able to put into words what I'm trying to convey here for some reason. May be the extreme lack of sleep but I hope you're catching what I'm saying...

Agreed my friend.

Edited by ColoradoParanormal

I agree 100% All of America should be turned back over the native american indians.. all of it. Same with Canada. A new economic future would ensue and the discussion would begin on how to proceed monetarily. Gold and silver, historically, is proven to hold the greatest inflationary stability for the individual. Though I do know a chug who can turn a Sockeye into a Kokanee... that's got to stand for something.

So it's okay for the United States to tell people in other countries what to do and what not to do, especially when it comes to human rights, but not when someone else does it to us?? Talk about hypocritical. :tu:

You mean like telling North Korea to stop starving and torturing their own people or how about making sure tha that steaming pile of dung, the USSR, died, freeing half of europe from servitude? Do you wish that hadn't happened? I guess we should be quiet and let the likes of Hitler kill 6 million jews. We did keep quiet while Stalin killed 50 or so million people, I guess because Franklin Roosevelt liked old Uncle Joe, the same way that Obama wishes he had the same power as the chinese premier. Is that what you are proposing is a good thing offeiriad?

Edited by Merc14

I agree 100% All of America should be turned back over the native american indians.. all of it. Same with Canada. A new economic future would ensue and the discussion would begin on how to proceed monetarily. Gold and silver, historically, is proven to hold the greatest inflationary stability for the individual. Though I do know a chug who can turn a Sockeye into a Kokanee... that's got to stand for something.

That would just mean another invasion of a nation that could not defend itself. What would that economic future hold when every government on the planet is being held hostege.

You mean like telling North Korea to stop starving and torturing their own people or how about making sure tha that steaming pile of dung, the USSR, died, freeing half of europe from servitude? Do you wish that hadn't happened? I guess we should be quiet and let the likes of Hitler kill 6 million jews. We did keep quiet while Stalin killed 50 or so million people, I guess because Franklin Roosevelt liked old Uncle Joe, the same way that Obama wishes he had the same power as the chinese premier. Is that what you are proposing is a good thing offeiriad?

Should we worry about every nation but our own and conduct pre emtive strikes just in case. If that were the case Us and Russia would have nuked each other 40 years ago. Your bringing up the murder of 6 million jews played little in WWII as far as US involvment goes let aone any other nations envolvement.

The next super power economic and military will be the chinese. To blaim Obama is simply not true.

As far as Mt Rushmore goes why bother as the UN has any power to say so let alone all the land claimes that the UN might have to deal with in the future mainly Isreal. What a joke.

Should we worry about every nation but our own and conduct pre emtive strikes just in case. If that were the case Us and Russia would have nuked each other 40 years ago. Your bringing up the murder of 6 million jews played little in WWII as far as US involvment goes let aone any other nations envolvement.

The next super power economic and military will be the chinese. To blaim Obama is simply not true.

Preemptive strikes,,,wow, where in my post did you read that? Is the USSR defunct?

Are you sorry they are defunct? Did we nuke them?

Of course the extermination of 6 million jews had nothing to do with the US entering the war, it hadn't occurred at that time. My point was, based on your statement that the genocide inflicted on jews, gypsies, homosexuals and myriad others would not warrant our chastising the Nazis diplomatically or militarily. Do you believe we should allow such genocides? That we should remain silent, despite our immense strength?

The chinese are a power built on hate and fear and the foundation is as rotten as the USSR's, maybe worse but feel free to head on over there and enjoy their superiority, I assure you, you won't be missed in the US.

I didn't blame Obama for the chinese, I merely said he stated that he wished he had the chinese form of government because then he could do what he wants. Google it.

So do you still stand by your original statement or are you just going to lash out with strawmen?

Edited by Merc14

Preemptive strikes,,,wow, where in my post did you read that? Is the USSR defunct?

Are you sorry they are defunct? Did we nuke them?

Of course the extermination of 6 million jews had nothing to do with the US entering the war, it hadn't occurred at that time. My point was, based on your statement that the genocide inflicted on jews, gypsies, homosexuals and myriad others would not warrant our chastising the Nazis diplomatically or militarily. Do you believe we should allow such genocides? That we should remain silent, despite our immense strength?

The chinese are a power built on hate and fear and the foundation is as rotten as the USSR's, maybe worse but feel free to head on over there and enjoy their superiority, I assure you, you won't be missed in the US.

I didn't blame Obama for the chinese, I merely said he stated that he wished he had the chinese form of government because then he could do what he wants. Google it.

So do you still stand by your original statement or are you just going to lash out with strawmen?

Two wars conducted by the US in the last 10 years have been premtive, no. The so called enemy was found in an allied nation that the US gave nukes to.

The former Soviet Union is not defunct or do you think your 40 yr old nukes are newer than theirs. Or do you think they have none left.

The US envolvemnt in WWII had nothing to due with genocide but an attack by the Japanese.

The US and China are the world biggest trading relationship aside from CANADA. you go join them as you fund them as a nation.

I recall Bush saying that it would be much easier to rule if his nation was a dictatorship as long as he was the dictator.

I think the US should shut it's trap when it dictates values it itself can not uphold.

Two wars conducted by the US in the last 10 years have been premtive, no. The so called enemy was found in an allied nation that the US gave nukes to.

The former Soviet Union is not defunct or do you think your 40 yr old nukes are newer than theirs. Or do you think they have none left.

The US envolvemnt in WWII had nothing to due with genocide but an attack by the Japanese.

The US and China are the world biggest trading relationship aside from CANADA. you go join them as you fund them as a nation.

I recall Bush saying that it would be much easier to rule if his nation was a dictatorship as long as he was the dictator.

I think the US should shut it's trap when it dictates values it itself can not uphold.

One war was reacting to a threat posed by Islamist militants. The other may have been preemptive or just overreaction. So what?

USSR is gone. Russia has nukes but they are NOT the USSR and all those satellite countries are now independent so what exactly are you talking about.

Agreed that US entered WWII in response to Japanese attac but I already said that. You have to do better here.

China trades with the entire world and I agree that it is a shame but what is the solution?

Bush never said anything about being a dictator, so please stick to facts owill ya as it is wasting my time arguing obvious falsehoods.

I get it, you are a US hater. Where do you reside?

Ahhhh...

The good old American superiority complex is strong in this thread.

First, the UN has not mandated anything, it has recommended something.

Second, the UN is not the bogeyman - that appelation belongs to the xenophobia being displayed when an American exercises their opinion that what the rest of the world thinks, doesn't count.

The rest of the world are human beings also, they just are not Americans.

Lastly, the last few Administrations have all been heading towards increasing globalisation. This is not a 'new initiative' by the Obama Administration and it does not make Obama a 'communist' - how wonderfully McCarthy'est of those who suggest that, however.

• Like 1