Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rent an evil clown to scare your children

Still Waters

Attention parents: Just in case your children don't have anything to talk about in therapy, here's something you might want to consider:

Dominic Deville rents himself out as an "evil birthday clown" who leaves scary notes for your children, warning them that they're being watched and that they'll soon be attacked.

At the end of a terrifying week, your child will indeed be attacked. Deville, wearing a freaky clown mask, will smash a cake into your child's face, Metro reported.

Deville is capitalizing on what has become a mainstay for all circus-going kids: the fear of clowns. You may think Stephen King's "It" was scary, but Deville will keep you shaking in your big, red floppy shoes.

http://www.huffingto...?ref=weird-news

That's just horrible! Slightly funny....but horrible nontheless...

I would have so done this for my son's 21st.

I would have so done this for my son's 21st.

It's never too late :P

• Like 1

That's horrible yet somehow hilarious.

hope theyve saved up money for the years of therapy that their child will need in the future

hope theyve saved up money for the years of therapy that their child will need in the future

No doubt! I have a strong, well adjusted nephew of 25 who is scared SPITLESS of "Chucky" dolls. His sisters scared him with one as a kid..... This young man is as fearless as they come in every other area of his life but it's like a phobia for him. He will NOT be around one of those dolls.

If your child is claustrophobic, you can lock them in a closet. That would be pretty hilarious!

Does he have interchangeable hand attachments?

heh in a sick and twisted way, it is funny, i can almost see it being done to a bully! but no, *I* would not do it.

IMO the 'child' in question should be at least 16 years old. Young kids should not be subjected to a form of humour they might not understand.

• 2 weeks later...

Creating ptsd young. Nice.

So..paying someone to leave threatening notes to someone is supposed to be "funny" yet by all intents and purposes, it would otherwise be a crime regardless of intent?

Bizarre. I fail to see how this sort of twistedness would be funny. Certainly not to the person involved, this is clearly only for the "entertainment" of the "adults".

How is stalking anyone now considered "funny"?? What a peculiar society.

If someone did this to another, making threats -baseless or not- they'd be in trouble in a split second and their defense of "I was only kidding" won't cut it.

Sorry, I see nothing funny about this. (actually, I'm not sorry one bit!)

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 1

Hmmmm...soon could go south for Mr Clown if one of the kids takes it too seriously and puts a knife or similar into him...silly idea if you ask me

Hmmmm...soon could go south for Mr Clown if one of the kids takes it too seriously and puts a knife or similar into him...silly idea if you ask me

Imagine the headlines... "Creche Vigilante Stabs Mr Zippy!"

• Like 1

Imagine the headlines... "Creche Vigilante Stabs Mr Zippy!"

:lol: ...definately a Daily Star headline...

Coulrophobia is a very real and clinically recognized condition, but still not fully understood. Issue 1 is, you would HOPE the parents know whether or not their child has a fear of clowns, and NOT to do this, as it can cause very real trauma in someone with the condition (as a moderator for an anti-clown site, I saw people who could not open forum threads with pictures of clowns in them because they started to have panic attacks). Issue 2 is, as noted, this fear is still not understood but can produce traumatic, lifelong issues, and it is possible a shocking enough confrontation like this could be responsible for the creation of such a phobia, out of thin air, making the parent directly responsible. This is bad all around, on the part of parents and the clown doing it.

No doubt! I have a strong, well adjusted nephew of 25 who is scared SPITLESS of "Chucky" dolls. His sisters scared him with one as a kid..... This young man is as fearless as they come in every other area of his life but it's like a phobia for him. He will NOT be around one of those dolls.

I happen to a 25 year old who was terrified of Chucky as a kid. Fortunately I got over it in my teens.

I would never entertain a child this way but for an adult it could be fun entertainment as long as the demented clown gave clues that it was a joke while sending messages.

• Like 1

If this clown had 'stalked' me or any of my sisters (I had 5 of them) when we were kids... The Clown would have needed therapy...

• Like 1

If this clown had 'stalked' me or any of my sisters (I had 5 of them) when we were kids... The Clown would have needed therapy...

Same here. (3 sisters and a brother).

We once had a poltergeist who would yell at us, "Will you make less noise, fgs?".

• Like 1

I would never entertain a child this way but for an adult it could be fun entertainment as long as the demented clown gave clues that it was a joke while sending messages.

But this is just the point, it isn't for the child's "enjoyment" at all. It is all for the "pleasure" of the ones who set up this whole clown thing.

They are the ones who will screech hysterically with laughter at the person who gets stalked then has a cake smashed in his/her face.

The joke is only funny if everyone can laugh....

• Like 2