Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chinese pupils hooked up to IV drips

Still Waters

A class of high school children in China have been pictured all hooked up to IV drips in an apparent attempt by education bosses to keep their energy levels up.

Teenagers at the high school in Xiaogan, in Hubei province, were pictured with their arms attached to transparent bags administering intravenous fluids as they sit at their desks.

Reports in China suggested the students were preparing for the gao kao (National College Entrance Exam) when the pictures were taken.

http://www.dailymail...p-graduate.html

I have seen so many asians hooked up to IV drips in private homes across Asia on film that it makes it look as common as taking an aspirin.

The mind boggles at what the rate of cellulitus occurences across the Far East must be.

Wow, at my school we just bribe them with scholarships and computers!! :tu:

Wow!! I myself have taken the national Entrance exam in India, though it really hard, I got through. In hostels, they train us hard, but sleeping time is necessarily a part of the schedule, when I went through coaching there, I thought,it was atrocious, but now I take back all those views :)

• Like 1

If this is the norm for a school exam, what do they use when they do other things like sports etc etc.?

But Chinese bloggers have criticised the use of drips, with one writing: ‘It doesn’t show that the students are sick, it shows that society is sick.’

Love this statement at the end of the article. Couldn't of said it better.

• Like 1

This is extreme, here it would be considered child abuse.

Whatever happened to orange juice and cookies before a test??

• Like 1

What can you expect in a world which has less and less of everything--lower pay that is dwindling to nothing as inflation eats away monetary value, no pensions--a bleak outlook in general. As globalisation seeks to make monkeys out of us who jump from one part of the world to another to perform these "jobs", while we are constantly away from our families and can't hope to see them for long periods of time. Hundreds of thousands of students compete in soul-crushing examinations for a few thousand seats so that they can have some of those "jobs" when they finally graduate, which in China or India means slaving from the morning to 10 in the night. Welcome to capitalist slavery!

You see it does not matter which system you work under: as long as the majority slave away for all their lives, the elites of the world are happy! What does it matter if you suffer under dictatorial China or capitalist America, as long as your quality of life keeps descending lower and the elites' wealth and power keeps growing further! The elites are happy and the rest of us anyway are silent slaves with no say in running anything in our lives.

• Like 1

Love this statement at the end of the article. Couldn't of said it better.

It is so unfortunate that we fail to see beyond the simple facts presented. Society is sick because society remains silent as they are constantly abused by the elites.

It is this system of globalisation that has made people the animals they have become today. What people want is a decent, steady job and a balance between work and pay. DOES anyone think that these students would sit about like freaks if it were not for those life-destroying "jobs" which they would get after they got through college. We have a world where everything has become a lottery and people are desperate to somehow have their dreams. But the problem with lotteries is that only a few are going to win. For the rest life is worse than the slavery of these IV-hooked slaves, for all options are exhausted for them: they are the ones that go and buy lottery tickes.

The abject slavery of this system which is being forced down the throats of all people of the world ought to be highlighted. People ought to revolt. This is like cooking crabs slowly. We are human beings and should realise that this system is insane. Under this system, everything goes. You are uprooted from your country and thrown about anywhere the elites want. You work in the night or day or twilight or at whichever unearthly hour the elites prefer. You have no interests of your own that you can explore as you spend time virtually like bonded labourers of the past.

Watch CATASTROIKA. Visit www.catastroika.com

• Like 1

I wish I had that determination.

• Like 1

What's weird is that none of them object. I don't care how desperate I am to get good grades, if someone says they're going to attach a drip to me, I'll tell them they can try but they won't get far.

What's weird is that none of them object. I don't care how desperate I am to get good grades, if someone says they're going to attach a drip to me, I'll tell them they can try but they won't get far.

I agree, I will take that cup of coffee before I get a drip. That is just insane..but evidently they feel it is nessesary..

Exactly, I don't feel the need for the students to be hooked up to an IV it's a bit far fetched.. And quiet frankly they should allow the students to bring in coffee/energy drinks etc. It's a little ridiculous if you ask me.

Surprised they haven't started that for employees in office jobs. I can just picture all of these suits in their cubicles with 8 hour drips going.

And still most Americans are still jealous that they can't score as high on the SATs as the Chinese.