Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Ninhursag

Pact With The Devil

9 posts in this topic

So, We've Always Heard Stories About People Making Pacts With The Devil .. From Faust To Rock Stars .. You Ask For Money, Fame, Fortune And What Not, And The Devil Grants Your Wish .. But Of Course, You Must Always Give Something Valuable In Return ..

Now, My Question Is .. How Do You Do It? I Mean, How Do You Summon The Devil Himself To Make A Pact With You?? Or Does He Maybe Come To You When He Thinks You're In Need??

I'm Not Interested In Doing It Myself .. I Was Just Wondering .. Has Anyone Ever Attempted That And What Were The Results ..

I Consider It All To Be A Myth, Even Tho I'm A Believer In The Paranormal .. So If Anyone Can Share Their Experiences, Or Anything More They Know About It, That Would Be Much Appreciated ..

Sorry for the font in the first paragraph For some reason everything is bolded,and pushing the bold button or trying to change the font does nothing)

I never understood why anyone would do that if they really believe in a Satan.He's supposed to be a liar and deceiver so how could you trust his word? Even if he did give someone riches and fame,the cost of the pact is going to be greater than what the individual received because Satan is characterized as being selfish and greedy. I have never made a pact with Satan myself since I was raised a Christian and after completely losing my Christian faith for almost 2 years,I have recently become a Christian once more and I have no desire to make a pact with Satan.

Here's a video of the rock star person below taht you talk about. Its about heavy metal guitarist Kirk Martin. I thought it was just a myth myself perpetuated by preachers with an agenda of embellishing the "evil": of music,but apparently people some people in the rock industry have actually done it.At least one anyways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7dpGWYZMDc

Hey Mattryan :)

First Of All, Thanks For Your Reply .. And Thanks For The Video ..

Well, It Looks As If It Can Be Really Done If You Want It Bad Enough I Guess .. Kirk Martin's Story Is A Nice One Tho Coz It Shows That You Can Get Out Of The Pact After All ..

If Anyone Has To Share More Stories Like These, It Would Be Much Appreciated :)

There’s a 1967 British movie called Bedazzled that covers the “Get your wish for your soul” concept.

Pretty funny, in a British way. It has Dudley Moore as the Wisher and Peter Cook as the Devil.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedazzled_(1967_film)

And, as expected, Dudley Moore’s character asks for wishes and the Devil complies, but not fully.

Worth the watch.

Posted (edited)

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

I think it's more of a metaphore born of legend than a reality. The concept of getting what you want now but at great cost in the future. A mortgage comes to mind.

:rofl: Well This Definitely Sums It All Up!! Hillarious!! :clap:

I never saw the Dudley Moore version of the movie, but I did see the re-make with Brendan Fraiser...

If the devil really looked like Elizabeth Hurley, 'he' would get a lot more converts!!

But seriously, I'm pretty sure our modern concept of the devil is from the Medieval period... I've seen several

shows discussing satan and according to the Bible, 'he' is not evil (per se) 'he' is actually God's "Chief Prosecutor"...

So selling your soul to Satan would be like selling your soul to a lawyer... oh wait... That explains it....

I never saw the Dudley Moore version of the movie, but I did see the re-make with Brendan Fraiser...

If the devil really looked like Elizabeth Hurley, 'he' would get a lot more converts!!

But seriously, I'm pretty sure our modern concept of the devil is from the Medieval period... I've seen several

shows discussing satan and according to the Bible, 'he' is not evil (per se) 'he' is actually God's "Chief Prosecutor"...

So selling your soul to Satan would be like selling your soul to a lawyer... oh wait... That explains it....

Oh That Must Be The Devil's Advocate All Over Again ;) Cool Movie ..