Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Game Canceled Because Of Girl On Team

susieice

I don't get this. Enough women have earned respect in the athletic world that something like this shouldn't happen. A baseball team forfeited a championship baseball game because the other team had a 15yo girl playing 2nd base. I don't know how this could teach boys to respect women and girls. I feel sorry for the boys who didn't get to play their game because of this decision. Baseball is a game of skill where boys and girls are pretty much on an even field.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/arizona-school-wont-play-ballgame-against-team-girl-033001880--mlb.html

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• susieice

• cormac mac airt

• JonathanVonErich

• Biff Wellington

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, another sad and ridiculous story coming from the US. I thought it was coming from another Country, but seriously, from Arizona !? Ridiculous.

Some people are still living in the Stone Age, stories like that always amaze and frustrate me. Not surprisingly the team who forfeited the match represented a school run by traditionalist, conservative priests. Bunch of idiots.

I hope that the little girl will continue to play baseball, and I hope that the Coach of the team who forfeited the match will lose his job and that he will be banned from coaching.

This would be a perfect time for a kitchen joke but I'm not that mean.... today.

That was a really assinine decision. The only thing that should matter is whether or not she wanted to play, which she obviously did. The coach responsible for this decision needs to be 'canned'.

cormac

Thanks guys.

I could understand if they were playing football or wrestling, a sport that requires physical strength as well as size. Some girls do play these sports, even on a college level they have, but if she chooses to do that then she must also take the consequences. The boys should not have to back off their game to accommodate her because she is female. You play by the same rules. However, baseball and basketball are both games that require skill primarily and both are able to play just as well without a lot of threat of injury from contact. Sports injuries are another matter and can occur in girl's softball and basketball as well as in unisex competition. There are a lot of good female athletes out there who have earned respect from all countries and I just couldn't see why this girl would cause such a ruckus on this baseball team. If they're playing a championship game, she must be good enough to have held her own.